• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg viz yeah 1v1 is rough. i find with pass assistance off and everything on semi it's downright brutal which is why i only play it in league. anyway the one lucky bounce of the game went to me and that pretty much decided it. were a few decent scoring opps on both ends but a lot of just struggling to make the pass, even easy pass (what it felt like on my end at least). it seems hard to get passes through to even a dude five feet away sometimes

Ireland (AstroLad) - Scotland (Viz) 1 - 0
IRL: Keane 20'

now let's play clubs whoooooO!!!!! clubs is AMAZING AND NEVER FRUSTRATING!

ok that's a lie

Magicked

AndresON777 said:
lol I did that last time when I picked America. I tried all the 3.5 star and above teams this time to see which one felt best.

Rosicky is nasty in the game, havn't seen him play irl in years so I dont know how accurate that is. My group is tough though, wish I had Magicked to get some points off of.

j/k

No you're not! :lol

Strike, Slizz, and younghov, I'll be around tonight if you want to get some matches in.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol Magicked. I should be home pretty early tonight if you want to play Astro. Tf I think late friday night or better yet late saturday night/early sunday morning would be best for our game.

in other words after the first time i pass out

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cool man I can probably do tonight. Gonna try to be home early (6) but probably be more like 8 or 9. I'll post/check on XBLA.

sneaky77

TheVisualizer said:
Scotland (TheVisualizer) - Finland (Tf53)
1-1
84' A. Eremenko - http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/54629683
90' K. Miller - http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/54629831
------------

gg Tf53, glad it's over I'll take my 1 point and go home, see you guys in clubs I'm done with leagues
Oh man really? Is been suggested That we allow for passing assistance on or maybe consider auto I rather not do auto but I'm not opposed to do either if the majority prefer

Slizz

Belgium - 1 @ Norway - 0

Scorer:
42' Lukaku

Tried a diff formation to start the game, couldn't create any offense. Then I choked 2 wide open headers, oh well. Pretty even game all the way through, lots of midfield play GG Magicked

Magicked

Wheeeeewwwwwww (huge sigh)

GG Slizz. I thought it was a pretty tight match for most of it. Two big and strong teams duking it out. The shots and SOT don't really tell the whole story. You had a couple headers that were narrow misses.

My goal was also a bit lucky. I mainly tried to work the ball to the sides where I could cross it in, but I ended up with tons of space with the big man in the middle and he did a little dribble to find room to shoot.

Here's the goal: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/54643284

Slizz

Magicked said:
Wheeeeewwwwwww (huge sigh)

GG Slizz. I thought it was a pretty tight match for most of it. Two big and strong teams duking it out. The shots and SOT don't really tell the whole story. You had a couple headers that were narrow misses.

My goal was also a bit lucky. I mainly tried to work the ball to the sides where I could cross it in, but I ended up with tons of space with the big man in the middle and he did a little dribble to find room to shoot.

Here's the goal: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/54643284
That goal was a heartbreaker. I've been so shitty at video games today, played 1 FIFA game earlier and lost 5-0, then tried to play COD and couldnt come up with a positive K/D ratio

Magicked

Slizz said:
That goal was a heartbreaker. I've been so shitty at video games today, played 1 FIFA game earlier and lost 5-0, then tried to play COD and couldnt come up with a positive K/D ratio

I'm glad I caught you on an off day then, because I've been awful at FIFA this year. I mean, look at how shitty I did last league! :lol

I do feel a little more dangerous with this team though, because I can actually push people off the ball. God, River Plate was weak as shit.

ATF487

Group A, I can play anytime during the weekend and most week nights. I have finals/projects but I should still have enough free time

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Astro I can play at 8 if that's good for you. if not I may be able to play at midnight once the game is over.

----edit I see ur on clubs. ill try hard to stay up. this game is crucial so I want to be in the right state of mind lol

Cardigan

Hey sneaky, Greece and Switzerland played their game. It was posted on the page before. Just letting you know since it hadn't been updated.

Sneaky77, we were supposed to go to extra time. Oh, well.

Group B: Mexico (Sneaky77) 1 - 1 Cameroon (Awesome Animals)

41' Emana

65' Hernandez

I forgot to grab times, but I remembered who scored. Sorry :( I'll make some up.

It was a very close, and well fought game. My goal was a bit lucky though. Mexico's attack is scary with Chicharito, Vela, and Ochoco. Fast, fast, fast.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ireland (AstroLad) - Czechs (Andres) 1 - 1
CZE: Rosicky 9'
IRL: Doyle 11'

Pretty brutal. Got a stupid red card (deserved) in the 15th minute or something on a pointless slide tackle because I was playing the game just like fucking around 1v1. After that you had some chances but I guess the bounces went OK for me and maybe Given earned his keep a bit. The lag was really rough yeah? I was afraid to do any long ground passes because it felt like I really couldn't react much with that lag.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
i dont think it lagged bad at all lol but it was a brutal game. you scored right after i did so it fucked my shit up, good game though man. you are practically in the next round. i need to at least tie tf53 to get in. fuckin mourinho tactics incoming... yeah right i do only bombs over bagdad shootout baby fuck yeah!

rosicky finish: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/54683796

fucking corner goal exposing me: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/54684162

tf message me on xbl in the next couple of hours i'm online if not this weekend...

sneaky77 said:
Oh man really? Is been suggested That we allow for passing assistance on or maybe consider auto I rather not do auto but I'm not opposed to do either if the majority prefer

I finished all 3 of my group games, and have been eliminated, I didn't bail on yall prematurely...

I could care less about the passing assistance, the input lag is my problem, it's always ridiculously bad when I play 1v1 online and completely ruins my game. I'd rather play clubs where it's not as bad or even the CPU.

sneaky77

TheVisualizer said:
I finished all 3 of my group games, and have been eliminated, I didn't bail on yall prematurely...

I could care less about the passing assistance, the input lag is my problem, it's always ridiculously bad when I play 1v1 online and completely ruins my game. I'd rather play clubs where it's not as bad or even the CPU.

yeah I know you didn't bail, we appreciate that. Is strange you get more lag on 1v1 than on clubs.. sorry man.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think there is some sort of weird asynchronous lag, at least in friends matches. Like in the match I had with tf he said it was pretty laggy but for me it wasn't that bad. Opposite in the match with Andres. Not unplayable but noticeable. shrug the mysteries of the ea servers

AndresON777

shooting blanks
yeah that is odd. I didnt notice lag at all. you'd think as much as fifa sells they'd make it better for 2011 but it is laggier than last year's game.

damn

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tf53 said:
Midnight is fine. I'll get an excuse to get up early.

Well I don't want to set an exact date b/c I dont know if I can make it. What time do you usually get up? I might wake up at 2 or 3, anything is possible.

Tf53

AndresON777 said:
Well I don't want to set an exact date b/c I dont know if I can make it. What time do you usually get up? I might wake up at 2 or 3, anything is possible.
My daughter usually wakes up at 2am EST at the latest, and there's not much sleeping going on after that. I can get up at 7am (midnight EST), at least I'll get some more school work done if you're not around.

Cardigan

Well fellas, I done screwed up. I forgot to bring my games with me back home for Christmas break (but I packed my consoles, go figure) so I'm going to have to forfeit the rest of the tourney. Good look to everyone!

sneaky77

jeffpm said:
Well fellas, I done screwed up. I forgot to bring my games with me back home for Christmas break (but I packed my consoles, go figure) so I'm going to have to forfeit the rest of the tourney. Good look to everyone!

rent it! lol

ijm72

Good game Slizz. It was a pretty even game with only a couple of chances for each team. I had that 1 on 1 with the keeper with Valencia but I blew it.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
sneaky77 said:
rent it! lol

Well at blockbuster it is like 10 bucks for like 1 week i think. I get the game pass for like 23 with tax, works for movies too..

On a side note I rented splatterhouse and thought it was a buggy mess. Maybe i should've given it more than 20 minutes but idk.

Tf dont get up early for me man, I think it may be better to do early AM Eastern on sunday morning. Sundays I always wake up in the middle of the night

Top Bottom