• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

LiveWire said:
Yea and your 1st goal reminded me, WTF is my wall doing? Grabbing their nuts and not jumping?! Lazy fucks!

:lol I just noticed the middle two just flinched and the two on the outside didn't even do anything.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well we are off to a rollicking start. Excited to see who I play next. The games are super tense since scoring is scarce. I felt so bad for strikevillain when I scored on a lightning-quick 90' header :lol

I think playing with Semi and especially pass assistance off really contributes to this. Yeah the passing is weak sometimes but I much prefer this to nonstop pingponging. It's not a perfect system, but they definitely did a good job of mitigating the pingpong, making for much more tactical affairs since you know you can't just string together 1-2s and get a great opportunity 90% of the time.

AstroLad said:
Well we are off to a rollicking start. Excited to see who I play next. The games are super tense since scoring is scarce. I felt so bad for strikevillain when I scored on a lightning-quick 90' header :lol

I think playing with Semi and especially pass assistance off really contributes to this. Yeah the passing is weak sometimes but I much prefer this to nonstop pingponging. It's not a perfect system, but they definitely did a good job of mitigating the pingpong, making for much more tactical affairs since you know you can't just string together 1-2s and get a great opportunity 90% of the time.

I think it also forces you to be better at other parts of the game - scoring off of opportunities like a free kick or fast counterattack. Stuff like cross becomes more important. It also makes stringing together that series of perfect passes feel that much sweeter.

Magicked

AstroLad said:

Yea, exactly. I love this. You and I basically cancelled each other out the entire game. Of course our passing wasn't perfect, but it was very difficult to generate meaningful attacks. It is also a lot more acceptable (especially with 7 minute halves) to pass the ball around a bit and get some possession.

As another example, in my career mode I put my pro on Real Madrid (with the goal of increasing his stats a lot) with 10 minutes halves on world class. I still expected to blow a lot of teams out, but it's so difficult to score. Still, my last two games ended with 2-0 and 3-1 wins, which is very normal. It just seems like it takes forever to build a nice attack and score, but that's the way the game is designed and the way real football is. It's really great.

Tf53

shoplifter said:
I can go as late as 11:30pm EST on weeknights, maybe a little later occasionally. Weekends are flaky for me because my two year old demands my constant attention, but if I can work it out with my wife I could theoretically play our match on either Saturday or sunday if need be, since my parents have him this weekend.
How about Saturday at 2pm EST? My daughter should be in bed by then. Another alternative would be late Friday evening (suggest a time after 11pm EST). The same goes for Andres, btw.

shoplifter

Tf53 said:
How about Saturday at 2pm EST? My daughter should be in bed by then. Another alternative would be late Friday evening (suggest a time after 11pm EST). The same goes for Andres, btw.

I'll confer with my boss and let you know.

Tf53

shoplifter said:
I'll confer with my boss and let you know.
I'll wake up at 6.30am (11.30pm EST) anyway, and if you're online, we can get this thing underway. Same with Andres, hopefully he'll be high as a kite by then.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tf53 said:
I'll wake up at 6.30am (11.30pm EST) anyway, and if you're online, we can get this thing underway. Same with Andres, hopefully he'll be high as a kite by then.

shoot I wish I still smoked.

1130 tonight sounds good, ill be up watching the braves get owned

Tf53

FC Twente (shoplifter) at Dinamo Moscow (Tf53) 1-0

Goal by someone at some point

Connection was cut after 80 mins, we played another game afterwards, and that ended in a sweeeeeet 3-0 win for me, but after 15 mins was still scoreless, so 1-0 stands.

Tf53

Apparently Andres was already passed out, so we'll have to try to get that game in either after 1pm EST or after 11.30pm EST on Saturday.

shoplifter

I'm likely useless for the rest of the weekend, but should be able to play any night after 9:15ish eastern next week.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Bota and Braga,

When are good times for you? I have to travel out of town Sunday afternoon, but I will be around some Saturday and Sunday mornings. Otherwise Tuesday-Thursday night after 8EST works.

shoplifter

Also forgot to mention - if I drop off the face of the earth for a week or so, it's because my wife gave birth. :lol

sneaky77

DenogginizerOS said:
Bota and Braga,

When are good times for you? I have to travel out of town Sunday afternoon, but I will be around some Saturday and Sunday mornings. Otherwise Tuesday-Thursday night after 8EST works.

ill be around tomorrow night, but tuesday works well for me too

Tf53

Dinamo Moscow (Tf53) at America (a sober Andres) 3-0

16' Cesnauskis (replay)
22' Voronin
57' Kuranyi (replay)

Voronin's goal apparently wasn't nice enough to make the highlights.

Slizz

SmokingBarrelX said:
Slizz and Livewire when are the best times to play you. Like I've mentioned before, my schedule is very flexible. Let me know!
My schedule is very flexible as well, I only have class during the week till 1. Weekends during the day I'm free most likely. Night games I can do during the week(and afternoon) but I doubt I can do night games on the weekends.

sneaky77

Standings at the end of week 1:
All tied with 4 points.

100px-Botafogo_sp_football.png

150px-Aek_emblem_2010.svg.png

150px-River_Plate_logo.png

160px-PAOK_emblem_2010.svg.png

165px-FC_Twente.svg.png

Full standings:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...3X0J2VEZQcEN4S0E&authkey=CKuE88QH&hl=en#gid=0

Week 2:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...1akc1cWhrbDB3QkE&hl=en&authkey=CIKGq-QG#gid=0

Magicked

Nice. :D

We should start weeks 3 and 4 soon. I will be out of town Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday next week.

Well done everyone for getting the games finished with plenty of time to spare!

Cardigan

Astro and Magicked, I'm not going to be able to play my games until Tuesday night (at the earliest). I'm on Fall Break and won't be back til then.

DenogginizerOS said:
Bota and Braga,

Any time except tonight works for me. Just let me know.

Good game Denogg. Though, I'm not sure what that penalty was called on. Also my goal was the sloppiest thing ever. Your goal was fucking gorgeous.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Atlet Meneiro 1 SC Braga 1

A. Rodriguez - 37" (Braga)
Diega Souza - 54" (AM)

GG. Your blocking that Penalty was huge. I need to figure out this Manual passing fast. I blew several chances. :(

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tf53 said:
Dinamo Moscow (Tf53) at America (a sober Andres) 3-0

16' Cesnauskis (replay)
22' Voronin
57' Kuranyi (replay)

Voronin's goal apparently wasn't nice enough to make the highlights.

Got lit up in that first half and I couldn't put anything in the net in the 2nd half, then the 3rd goal came and it was adios amigos.

ggs though man your first touches were killing me. Guess I should let go of the a button lol

Need to set up my custom formations and tactics or something, jeez

---I am available pretty much all weekend and monday as I am not working. Strike and shoplifter I can play whenever. If I'm on the dashboard hit me up, if I don't respond I am time travelling so just wait and I'll hit you back thanks

Magicked

jeffpm said:
Astro and Magicked, I'm not going to be able to play my games until Tuesday night (at the earliest). I'm on Fall Break and won't be back til then.

Sounds good man. We'll have to play our game either Tuesday or Wednesday then since I'm out of town the following weekend.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AndresON777 said:
Strike and shoplifter I can play whenever. If I'm on the dashboard hit me up, if I don't respond I am time travelling so just wait and I'll hit you back thanks
Mullet_man.jpg

LiveWire

SmokingBarrelX said:
Slizz and Livewire when are the best times to play you. Like I've mentioned before, my schedule is very flexible. Let me know!

Yo I can play now if you're around? Same goes for you atf487, if you're around...

Magicked

k0ji, when can you play? I'm on EST time and generally not available until after work (6 PM). I could possibly get up early to play if necessary.

Magicked

k0ji-wd said:
i'll be on in about. . .8 hours?

I have to get a bunch of stuff done. I may not make it online until about 8 or 9. If you're still around we'll play our match. If not, we can try again tomorrow or something.

Magicked

Yea, I barely missed you. I'll be on between 8 and 9 tonight. This time I'll stay connected while I do some other stuff in case you hop on.

Top Bottom