• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Sneaky,

Do you want to try and play our game tonight or Wednesday? I should be free some time around 730EST tonight.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
AstroLad said:
Mullet_man.jpg

:lol

that actually kind of looks like me, scary

shop and strike I am available tonight after 8pm, just off of suicide watch after braves defeat

Tf53

StrikeVillain, paging StrikeVillain! Please report to the information desk, Tf53 would like to kick your ass. Contact the clerk to set up a satisfactory schedule for your whooping.

Cardigan

Astro and Magicked, I got back early, so I'm available to play whenever today. I'm just going to be studying for an exam.
Edit: Tried to turn my 360 on, but it had the red rings. Unplugged the 360 and plugged it back in, now it's secreting some awful stench with a sizzling sound.
Double Edit: The 360 is no longer smelling or sizzling. Hopefully a bug or something got caught in there and my 360 isn't dying.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cool man I'm hoping to get home by 9 but we'll see. I'll post here when I do get in and also check on Live.

tf--i think strike is going to the usa match tonight so may not get back 2 ya til 2morrow

Cardigan

Just remembered Sons Of Anarchy is tonight at 10. Can we try to play as close to 9 as possible Astro (assuming you get home on time)?

Magicked

I'm on right now for anyone who wants to play. It may take a sec for me to see your message though. I'll be working on other stuff while I wait.

sneaky77

Game 3

Botafogo 0 Fc. Kobenhavn 0

Not a lot of clear chances, but both teams had at least 1 good chance to win the match, just didnt happen

ATF487

sneaky77 said:
Game 3

Botafogo 0 Fc. Kobenhavn 0

Not a lot of clear chances, but both teams had at least 1 good chance to win the match, just didnt happen

Yeah you had a few shots in the box and I had those chances off the crosses. Cagey match otherwise, I had never been able to hear the drumming in the audience before :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
3/3 for brutal matches so far. figures that the only goal would be me just passing it to a guy right in front of goal (you hit the post a couple times though earlier so i hardly minded conceding). the passing with these settings is insanely fuckawful good god basically all you should do is just 1-2s the entire time because anything with any distance is going to the other side guaranteed. even when i tried to do cross-field through passes the ball would wind up going 10 feet right to the other team's cm smh. ah well just gotta get used to it only been playing clubs and this was only my fourth 1v1 match although i don't think i'm missing out on much :lol

didn't grab the goalscorer so i'll add that if you remember jeffpm

Game 3

PAOK (AstroLad) 0 Koln (jeffpm) 1

86' Novakovic (Koln)

Cardigan

AstroLad said:
3/3 for brutal matches so far. figures that the only goal would be me just passing it to a guy right in front of goal (you hit the post a couple times though earlier so i hardly minded conceding). the passing with these settings is insanely fuckawful good god basically all you should do is just 1-2s the entire time because anything with any distance is going to the other side guaranteed. even when i tried to do cross-field through passes the ball would wind up going 10 feet right to the other team's cm smh. ah well just gotta get used to it only been playing clubs and this was only my fourth 1v1 match although i don't think i'm missing out on much :lol

didn't grab the goalscorer so i'll add that if you remember jeffpm

Game 4

PAOK 0 Koln 1
Yeah, the passing can be pretty wonky sometimes.
I think it was Novakovic who scored, but I could be wrong.

Magicked

Game 4

River Plate (Magicked) 2 - 1 Koln (jeffpm)

Goals:
Ortega - 25'
Ortega - 33'
Podolski - 61'

Freakin' scrappy match. I played pretty well in the first half and grabbed two goals. The second half was insane. jeff poured the pressure on. His goal actually came from a cross from my own guy and my keeper wouldn't jump and grab it (I guess it was a pass back). :lol

Goal 1: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/42051016
Goal 2: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/42051304
Goal 3: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/42051582

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
jeffpm said:
Yeah, the passing can be pretty wonky sometimes.
I think it was Novakovic who scored, but I could be wrong.
k sry bout that totally forgot i was home with the confusion at the beginning

k0ji-wd

also guys, pick some different camera angles for your replays, it's gonna look bland in the end of season video package with 90% of goals from the wide camera angle :lol

Magicked

GGs k0ji. I knew I'd have a hard time with Hoffenheim. They are incredibly physical (compared to River Plate) throughout the entire team. I've scored a lot of goals from crosses, and you're 10' tall CB shut me down.

I did seem to get a bit more going at the end, but it was too little too late.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
striKeVillain! said:
I've been pretty busy lately - probably won't be able to get a game in until the weekend.

no problem.

ggs shoplifter, defensive battle. I cant shoot to save my life. Pleased with my new D at least since I ditched the 4-3-3. America doesnt have the personnel to roll like Barça.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg shop that was a pretty even match. second goal at the end there was just a silly non-goal but it was a really tight battle. although maaaan is it hard to string together plays

i'll post the stuff

Has anyone seen Livewire lately? I haven't been able to get on much this week, and I haven't heard from him at all. Tonight is my last chance to play because I am going home for the weekend, and I gots no Xbox there.

LiveWire

SmokingBarrelX said:
Has anyone seen Livewire lately? I haven't been able to get on much this week, and I haven't heard from him at all. Tonight is my last chance to play because I am going home for the weekend, and I gots no Xbox there.

Hey sorry about that, been super busy this week. I'm free anytime tonight to play, just send me a message on Live when you see me, I'll be on most of the evening.

LiveWire said:
Hey sorry about that, been super busy this week. I'm free anytime tonight to play, just send me a message on Live when you see me, I'll be on most of the evening.

Oh good! I have class until about 5:30 est, I'll get on and look for you sporadically between 6-10ish, let's try and get it done as soon as possible. Glad you didn't die! I feel your busy week, that is much of how mine's been. Midterms and all. Oh well, last semester of that.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hey Sneaks I think everything is right with mine except it says 3 GP instead of 4. (same for Dinamo that I noticed)

edit: also I think I gave 3 GF and only 1 GA.

Tf53

AstroLad said:
Hey Sneaks I think everything is right with mine except it says 3 GP instead of 4. (same for Dinamo that I noticed)

edit: also I think I gave 3 GF and only 1 GA.
I've only played 3 games, still waiting on StrikeVillain to show up. I should have 1 loss, 1 win and 1 draw with a total of 5 points and 4 GF and 2 GA.

Top Bottom