• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

Slizz

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Going to be on most of the night (probably will be ready in an hour or two) if either of my opponents wants to get a game later on.
Hour or two sounds good.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tf53 said:
At what time will you be drunk enough to lose but yet coherent enough to set up a game?

How's midnight EST for you?

ha prolly at around 2am on the weekends, during the week around 10pm

yeah magicked go REDS! freaking hate the phillies. Not lookin good though. Docs got a no no going.

Slizz

Week 1

SC Braga 0 AEK Athens 2

18' 0-1 R. Djebbour
52' 0-2 N. Liberopoulos

Goal 1

Goal 2

It was a good/sloppy game, I got a kinda fluke goal for the first one. Seemed like the ball was just rolling my way and not yours ShallNoiseUpon.

In all honesty this is the best I have played online for like 3 days. I had an AWFUL day playing yesterday couldn't win a game to save my life.

Is there an easier way to upload the goals? I'm gonna probably run out of slots on EASPORTSWORLD.

shoplifter

Tf53 said:
shoplifter and Andres, where you at? I'm free to play during the weekend (after 7pm GMT+3, which is noon EST, is best) or on weekday mornings, for example at 11pm EST, I don't have a problem with waking up for games (DEDICATION!).

When do you want to play?
I can go as late as 11:30pm EST on weeknights, maybe a little later occasionally. Weekends are flaky for me because my two year old demands my constant attention, but if I can work it out with my wife I could theoretically play our match on either Saturday or sunday if need be, since my parents have him this weekend.

Koji-wd, how does either tonight or tomorrow after 9:30pm EST work for you?

LiveWire

gg ShallNoiseUpon. Your gamewinner was BS. Stupid keeper. :lol

I roared back and had about 20 shots at an equalizer but couldn't find net. Oh well, these games are incredibly fun. :D

LiveWire said:
gg ShallNoiseUpon. Your gamewinner was BS. Stupid keeper. :lol

I roared back and had about 20 shots at an equalizer but couldn't find net. Oh well, these games are incredibly fun. :D

gg. Uploading video now so the rest of the good folks can decide about that game winner :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AndresON777 said:
guys game installed yay or nay.
I have it installed and I seem to have had fewer freezing issues than most. Don't know if it makes a difference though, other than less noise.

:lol ^^ To above post, I love that show

Week One

Atl. Minero 0 - 0 Trabzonspor

The game froze on us at halftime, it was weird, so we restarted and just played two halfs. A pretty uneventful game, a couple close attempts, and two men trying to learn manual passing pretty much.

Good Game Denogginizer OS

AstroLad said:
magicked can you play in the next 20m?

strike, might have to catch you another night but we'll see!
That's fine - I'm having trouble accessing my router's default gateway. We'd probably have trouble connecting. :/

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
when i set up the game i put it to semi. i guess if anyone plays on manual or whatever just tell me but this way we know everyone is on a level playing field.

that was bruuuuuuutal match magicked. omg. felt like in the last third on both sides every possible pass had three guys covering it. just nowhere to go and there were literally maybe ten seconds in the entire match when there was even a vague possibility of scoring. at the end i was just like screw this and put it to attacking, which i almost never do and i guess it provided a couple seconds of excitement (well, by this game's standards) ah well a draw is better than a loss i suppose! :lol

strike i can prolly play. (or we can try)

ATF487

Slizz said:
Week 2

Fc. Kobenhavn 0 AEK Athens 0

Snooze-fest maybe 1 good chance per team

gg, we both play patiently and aren't afraid of back passes. i tried to counter but i never had the numbers forward, should have changed formations but i didn't want to lose either :lol

Magicked

GGs Astro. A nice boring nil - nil draw. We had 6 shots in total!

My wife actually yelled at me halfway through the first half because a mouse got in the house. I was like, "what do you want me to do!?" :lol

Slizz

ATF487 said:
gg, we both play patiently and aren't afraid of back passes. i tried to counter but i never had the numbers forward, should have changed formations but i didn't want to lose either :lol
:lol Yea lol first few games are expected to be like that. I felt like our game was so boring though the announcers barely said anything:lol

Magicked

Week 2

America (AndresON777) 0 - 2 River Plate (Magicked)

- Valenzuela (7') (OG) (AME)
- Ortega (81') (RIV)

GGs Andres.

Is there any way to download the replays from EA so I can put them on Youtube, so I don't have to worry about overwriting one and then having dead links to replays?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Week 2

Boca Juniors 0 PAOK 1

90' 0-1 Z. Muslimovic (PAOK)

Chintzy goal for a chintzy match but I'm not picky. Had to change my formation in mid-match there because nothing was happening yet again for the first 60'. Then we at least had more scoring opportunities although those make me uneasy. Then a chintzy little goal in the 90th minute of what was destined to be a 0-0 match.

gg!

shoplifter

Matchday 1

FC Twente (1 - 1) 1899 Hoffenheim

31 ' Janko (OG off a sliding Vorsah) FC Twente

45' Obassi 1899 Hoffenheim - Nice juke in the box, followed by a calm finish.

Had it set to manual - a little flaky due to latency. We played a ton of passing back and forward to each other's MF. As much as I like manual, it's going to be highly dependent on your connection as to whether it's very playable or not.

\/\/\/ I'll make sure to upload to Youtube like I have above.

k0ji-wd

full manual + hoffenheim + 16 shots = 1 goal. fuck :lol

also, if you guys wanna keep uploading your goals I'll save them all and make a video at the end of the league.

sneaky77

Good job on getting games getting played so far guys.. i hope this continues all season

Also, try to make it clear what team the scorers are for ease of updating tables. thanks

Cardigan

Hey sneaky, on the Top Scorers spreadsheet you have an entry for "Kovakovic". I think it's supposed to be "Novakovic", giving him a total of 2 goals.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Magicked said:
Week 2

America 0 - 2 River Plate

- Valenzuela (7') (OG) (AME)
- Ortega (81') (RIV)

GGs Andres.

ggs man I freaking sucked. Didn't help I had a buddy of mine over cheering you on.

ha

---edit jesus christ I scored an own goal? damn son

Magicked

AndresON777 said:
ggs man I freaking sucked. Didn't help I had a buddy of mine over cheering you on.

ha

---edit jesus christ I scored an own goal? damn son

:lol

It was hilarious listening to you talk to your buddy while we were playing. "Yea man I'm playing this white kid from Ohio. He's pretty good at soccer though. I think he's Irish or something because he has a horseshoe up his ass." :lol :lol

And the OG was about to go in anyway, but your guy chested it at the last moment to help it into the net. It probably shouldn't have been an OG. Also, the shortest guy in the match (hell, maybe even in the game) won the header. He's 5'2. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
One more suggestion for scores! Beyond putting teams next to scorers, put users next to teams. I don't know who anybody is almost so it makes it easy to follow.

Week 2

Boca Juniors (StrikeVillain) 0 - PAOK (AstroLad) 1

Magicked said:
:lol

It was hilarious listening to you talk to your buddy while we were playing. "Yea man I'm playing this white kid from Ohio. He's pretty good at soccer though. I think he's Irish or something because he has a horseshoe up his ass." :lol :lol

And the OG was about to go in anyway, but your guy chested it at the last moment to help it into the net. It probably shouldn't have been an OG. Also, the shortest guy in the match (hell, maybe even in the game) won the header. He's 5'2. :lol

I'm in/from Ohio! Where at?

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
One more suggestion for scores! Beyond putting teams next to scorers, put users next to teams. I don't know who anybody is almost so it makes it easy to follow.

Week 2

Boca Juniors (StrikeVillain) 0 - PAOK (AstroLad) 1

lol u already posted it.. trying to confuse me?

Top Bottom