• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fitness Thread of Whipping Your Butt into Shape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright GAF, this seems weird for me to come out and tell the internet some of my health problems but any help I can get I'll take. I have two unique types of problems.

First off I am really underweight, this is mainly due to the fact that I have Crohn’s disease. For the uninitiated this is basically an inflammation in the small intestine that causes painful cramps and heavy use of the bathroom for bowel movements. I try my best to eat a lot but sometimes I get a sudden wave of pain and I become no longer hungry. When I do eat I sometimes have to go to the bathroom a lot and I lose whatever nutrients I gained. I'm not asking for a pity party just some help.

Secondly, I'm pretty out of shape and my pulse rate is pretty high from inactivity. I want to get in shape but I don't want to burn off the calories that I need for the reasons above.

Please don't tell me to visit doctors and not ask advice from an internet forum because I have visited a Gastroenterologist and Cardiologist

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

reilo said:
Well I started doing squats recently, too. I think I am doing them right.

The one thing I make sure to do is to get low enough where my hip is parallel or lower than my knee.

If you guys are lifting your heels, and are not getting low enough, then it sounds like you are not placing your legs apart enough.

Do a test without any sort of weights or bar in front of a mirror:

Make sure your legs are correctly spaced from each other. If you are feeling a pinch or pressure right beneath where your torso and leg meets [meaning, upper joint of your leg], then your legs aren't spaced out far enough and your body won't let you get lower than that point because your placement is not correct.

Have your feet in a more diagonal position, where your toes point outwards:

\\ //

That should help you get low enough and give you proper support without your heel lifting.

At least, this is what I do and this is what I have observed from Rippetoe's videos and other videos on squatting.

Good tips. Also, some pointers on all these positions for keeping the weight on your heels:

500px-Squat_Bar_Placement.jpg

Front Squat: You are aiming to keep your back as VERTICAL AS POSSIBLE. Think about having your back to a wall and sliding down it as you squat. If you bend forward at all, not only are you in danger of losing the barbell and injuring your shoulders, but your weight is most definitely shifting forward and you'll go to your toes. Stance should be medium to close, as wide puts your hips in a position where it is mechanically best to sit back...and you don't want to do that with a front squat.

Olympic/High Bar Squat: This is still a fairly verticle movement--you will not be getting much, if any, hip drive unless you are very flexible and that's okay. Like the front squat, this is quad dominant. With the bar so high up, if you sit back, gravity is wanting to pull the bar forward, and your weight will shift forward to your toes. Instead, think about sitting down BETWEEN your legs, as if you were sitting into a chair under you, not behind you. Can also envision your feet strapped to the ceiling, and you have to pull yourself "up" so your ass touches the ceiling. Depending on flexibility, it is usually best to do this with a medium/close stance, as a wide stance tends to force your butt to go backwards due to hip flexors.

Low Bar Squat: Because the bar is located further down the back/closer to the hips, it is easier to get into a position of sitting back. You must focus on sitting BACKWARDS. Usually this is enough to keep your weight on your heels, but your hand position on the bar can actually influence this: if you are gripping close to your shoulders but don't have good flexibility, the inherent tightness will push the bar FORWARD as you squat down, and your weight will come up to your toes. Use a wider grip until you get shoulder flexibility; you WANT to be able to use a close grip as a tight upper back is crucial as the weight gets heavier. Use a medium to wide stand--close stances increase the horizontal length from your knee to your hip on the horizontal plane, and this makes it hard to keep the weight on your heels.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.

mr stroke said:
Ok some of those I understand, but what is this guy doing wrong??(other than needing to go down a little bit lower)

He looks like his weight COULD be a little too forward, his shoes suck, but really the main thing is that his depth sucks. And that's a big offense, in my opinion. :D

lil smoke

Banned
DancingJesus said:
Alright GAF, this seems weird for me to come out and tell the internet some of my health problems but any help I can get I'll take. I have two unique types of problems.

First off I am really underweight, this is mainly due to the fact that I have Crohn’s disease. For the uninitiated this is basically an inflammation in the small intestine that causes painful cramps and heavy use of the bathroom for bowel movements. I try my best to eat a lot but sometimes I get a sudden wave of pain and I become no longer hungry. When I do eat I sometimes have to go to the bathroom a lot and I lose whatever nutrients I gained. I'm not asking for a pity party just some help.

Secondly, I'm pretty out of shape and my pulse rate is pretty high from inactivity. I want to get in shape but I don't want to burn off the calories that I need for the reasons above.

Please don't tell me to visit doctors and not ask advice from an internet forum because I have visited a Gastroenterologist and Cardiologist

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
Digestive problems can be a mystery, and Gastros don't have all the answers, that's for sure. I know that from my own experience.

I know you didn't want to hear it, but yeah... this is not a GAF issue (unless someone pops in with some real MD advice) Do you have a personal nutritionist? Perhaps a combo of that and a good personal trainer? They may be able to work together set up a plan for you... a nice balanced diet that you can handle, and enough acitivity exercises to keep you in good shape.

lil smoke

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
He looks like his weight COULD be a little too forward, his shoes suck, but really the main thing is that his depth sucks. And that's a big offense, in my opinion. :D
Is it possible that he is in correct form, but he hasn't finished the movement. In other words, this is good form mid-ways down, but he just needs to go lower?

lil smoke said:
Is it possible that he is in correct form, but he hasn't finished the movement. In other words, this is good form mid-ways down, but he just needs to go lower?

It's possible. The bar isn't low enough on his back to be a low bar squat, but his hips are somewhat back as if he is doing something between a low bar and a high bar squat. Otherwise, his form isn't bad. The main thing with a low bar squat is that you don't want your knees to travel forward at the bottom of the movement (the "hole"). If your knees move forward, your hamstrings have slackened and you've lost your hip drive. With high bar and front squats, you will have more knee movement as hip drive isn't so much of a factor.

lil smoke said:
Digestive problems can be a mystery, and Gastros don't have all the answers, that's for sure. I know that from my own experience.

I know you didn't want to hear it, but yeah... this is not a GAF issue (unless someone pops in with some real MD advice) Do you have a personal nutritionist? Perhaps a combo of that and a good personal trainer? They may be able to work together set up a plan for you... a nice balanced diet that you can handle, and enough acitivity exercises to keep you in good shape.

Figured as much, I was kinda banking for some MD advice as the community is pretty large but I completely understand. I don't have a personal nutritionist/trainer because I’m a bit strapped on cash and time right now. Thanks for the reply though.

lil smoke

Banned
DancingJesus said:
Figured as much, I was kinda banking for some MD advice as the community is pretty large but I completely understand. I don't have a personal nutritionist/trainer because I’m a bit strapped on cash and time right now. Thanks for the reply though.
Are you allowed to take protein supplements? Can you eat like smaller meals... 10 small meals if you have to. Can you drink milk or yogurt?

...and strapped on time? What do you mean? It's your health, dude.

It's amazing just how many places you can go wrong with squat form. I should have someone look at mine. I go low enough, but I don't pay attention to this knee positioning and stuff. I'll have to double check everything next time I do them.

I'd also like to go lower than parallel, but I jut recently started lifting without a buddy. So even in the squat rack I feel like too much of a pussy to go any lower.

DarthWufei said:
It's amazing just how many places you can go wrong with squat form. I should have someone look at mine. I go low enough, but I don't pay attention to this knee positioning and stuff. I'll have to double check everything next time I do them.

I'd also like to go lower than parallel, but I jut recently started lifting without a buddy. So even in the squat rack I feel like too much of a pussy to go any lower.

Well, if you're going to have someone look at it, watch how they squat and make sure they squat right. Maybe 15% of my gym squats to parallel or lower. At my old university gym, I was maxing and had one of the university personal trainers spot me. He thought I went super low by going to parallel. He also suggested I not wear my Chuck Taylors, because they don't give good "ankle support". Thanks, genius.

Draft

Mr. Snrub said:
It's possible. The bar isn't low enough on his back to be a low bar squat, but his hips are somewhat back as if he is doing something between a low bar and a high bar squat. Otherwise, his form isn't bad. The main thing with a low bar squat is that you don't want your knees to travel forward at the bottom of the movement (the "hole"). If your knees move forward, your hamstrings have slackened and you've lost your hip drive. With high bar and front squats, you will have more knee movement as hip drive isn't so much of a factor.
Can you elaborate on the knee moving forward thing? I see it mentioned a lot but I'm still not clear on exactly what it is, especially since it seems to me your knees MUST move forward while descending, and I've seen several Rippetoe approved videos where the knees clearly move forward during the squat.

lil smoke said:
Are you allowed to take protein supplements? Can you eat like smaller meals... 10 small meals if you have to. Can you drink milk or yogurt?

...and strapped on time? What do you mean? It's your health, dude.

I can take supplements as well as smaller meals. Right now I do tend to lots of eat smaller meals. I’m also fine with milk and yogurt.

Where I start running into trouble is seeds, nuts, lettuce, greasy foods, popcorn, ect. Mainly things that are hard to digest. Although it's not as simple as that as anything can cause a reaction whenever it feels like it.

I think another reason I'm in the situation I am in now (as far as being fit) is that I guess I don't take it as seriously. Another factor is that I'm still young so I guess I didn't really think of it as being a major issue until lately. So in essence your right, I will have to make time.

Mr. Snrub said:
Well, if you're going to have someone look at it, watch how they squat and make sure they squat right. Maybe 15% of my gym squats to parallel or lower. At my old university gym, I was maxing and had one of the university personal trainers spot me. He thought I went super low by going to parallel. He also suggested I not wear my Chuck Taylors, because they don't give good "ankle support". Thanks, genius.
:lol Wow, and yeah we've got quite a few of those at my gym too. I saw a guy squatting in the Smith machine with like 275 and he'd only go down about 4 inches down before going back up. His legs were really wide too. So I'll definitely make sure I ask the right person.

Main problem with my gym though is that, in the morning it's full of older people, and in the evening when I usually go it's full of young kids who think they know everything. Hell, one evening I had to deal with a guy spotting his buddy inside the squat rack while I was doing squats. He was like right on my ass. I didn't make a huge stint over it considering the area is pretty cramped and they were doing explosive stuff, but yeesh. I should've expected that though considering when I first approached the rack they both were resting in it.

Draft said:
Can you elaborate on the knee moving forward thing? I see it mentioned a lot but I'm still not clear on exactly what it is, especially since it seems to me your knees MUST move forward while descending, and I've seen several Rippetoe approved videos where the knees clearly move forward during the squat.

Draft,
The point is that the knees not move forward at the BOTTOM of the movement. The knees WILL move forward on the descent, no doubt. What some people do is, they descend (knees move forward), they reach the parallel position, and instead of leading the movement with their HIPS rising (thus keeping the knee in the same position while at parallel; it only gets back in line with the body when mechanically necessary), they shift forward WHILE in the "whole"/parallel position, and end up standing up with the weight, not utilizing their hamstrings or their hip drive.

lil smoke

Banned
DarthWufei said:
:lol Wow, and yeah we've got quite a few of those at my gym too. I saw a guy squatting in the Smith machine with like 275 and he'd only go down about 4 inches down before going back up. His legs were really wide too. So I'll definitely make sure I ask the right person.
I've seen some professional "looking" guys doing stuff like this. Like very small limited movement exercises. I've seen this on bench and rows as well. I presumed that it was something special that I didn't know about...

Mr. Snrub said:
Draft,
The point is that the knees not move forward at the BOTTOM of the movement. The knees WILL move forward on the descent, no doubt. What some people do is, they descend (knees move forward), they reach the parallel position, and instead of leading the movement with their HIPS rising (thus keeping the knee in the same position while at parallel; it only gets back in line with the body when mechanically necessary), they shift forward WHILE in the "whole"/parallel position, and end up standing up with the weight, not utilizing their hamstrings or their hip drive.
Ah, I see. Would you say it's a good idea to focus on keeping the balls of your ankles planted down to prevent the knees from moving forward? I just tried a few, and that seems to force me into keeping my knees straight and I can feel my hips doing the major movement.

This is good stuff.

methos75

Banned
lil smoke said:
I've seen some professional "looking" guys doing stuff like this. Like very small limited movement exercises. I've seen this on bench and rows as well. I presumed that it was something special that I didn't know about...

I do those every once in a while, the idea is too place the max weight you can do in regular sets and then "stick" at, and then to place the bar for safety in the mid range postion of said excercise and attempt as many reps as possible to build power to move past your sticking point.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Draft said:

That only applies to parallel squats. Full squats/Olympic squats it's whatever goes and feels comfortable.

Now his form is good but it's parallel.

Ripptoe 315 x 10 squat

lil smoke said:
Ah, I see. Would you say it's a good idea to focus on keeping the balls of your ankles planted down to prevent the knees from moving forward? I just tried a few, and that seems to force me into keeping my knees straight and I can feel my hips doing the major movement.

This is good stuff.

Yes, anything to keep the weight on your heels or midfoot. Sometimes I accidentally exaggerate going on my heels and lose my balance a bit backwards, so be aware of that as well. It may help, until you learn, to actually lift up your toes while you squat. That way, you KNOW when you're going onto your toes.

Wraith

So I'm looking to buy a power rack for my smallish apartment. It's either that or get a gym membership, but getting a gym membership is going to reduce compliance and will cost roughly the same thing for a single year as the power rack would. Anywho, what should I look for in a power rack? Do you think that a gym membership is a far better choice? I'm basically just tired of not being able to do true squats at home.

There are also those combination bench/squat things, but most of them don't appear to have any sort of safety mechanism at the bottom in case I fail in a squat which scares the hell out of me. Still, those would open up even more options for me as basically the only thing I'm working with is a bench that inclines and declines. Is one of these at all safe?

EDIT: I'm being silly. I need to join a gym that's close to me. Too many exercises that I simply can't do at home.

Wraith said:
So I'm looking to buy a power rack for my smallish apartment. It's either that or get a gym membership, but getting a gym membership is going to reduce compliance and will cost roughly the same thing for a single year as the power rack would. Anywho, what should I look for in a power rack? Do you think that a gym membership is a far better choice? I'm basically just tired of not being able to do true squats at home.

There are also those combination bench/squat things, but most of them don't appear to have any sort of safety mechanism at the bottom in case I fail in a squat which scares the hell out of me. Still, those would open up even more options for me as basically the only thing I'm working with is a bench that inclines and declines. Is one of these at all safe?

EDIT: I'm being silly. I need to join a gym that's close to me. Too many exercises that I simply can't do at home.
Your edit answers your question. Join the gym. But what's this compliance stuff?

mr stroke

Wraith said:

Join the gym, most home work out machines end up being coat hangers(unless you have a full dedicated gym)

Wraith

Captain Glanton said:
Your edit answers your question. Join the gym. But what's this compliance stuff?

Joining a gym requires a level of motivation that having equipment at home does not, obviously. It gets more and more clear, though, that unless I want to buy a bigger place and spend a few thousand dollars on a home gym, my best option is to suck it up and pay for a membership.

It also means I have to research gyms around here and figure out which one is going to get my cash. The prices range from reasonable($35-$40) to ridiculous($65... the gym is brand new, though, and offers a ton of stuff that I will probably never use). What do you guys pay for gym memberships? What should I look for in a gym?

God's Beard said:
What's the best way to tone my ass? Dumbell lunges?
First, there's no such thing as "toning." But if you want to make your ass larger and more powerful, do deep squats with heavy weight every week. You will develop what I call "squatter's ass," and you'll never worry about having a flat butt again.

Captain Glanton said:
First, there's no such thing as "toning." But if you want to make your ass larger and more powerful, do deep squats with heavy weight every week. You will develop what I call "squatter's ass," and you'll never worry about having a flat butt again.
Oh god no. I want to make it smaller.

God's Beard said:
Oh god no. I want to make it smaller.
Then you want to get your diet under control. And do some high-intensity running too.

Edit: your lunges will certainly help with this. But having the proper diet is 75% of the fight for what you're after.

Ok - the college gym I go is only open Monday - Friday

I'm just beginning to start my workout routine

I am looking to bulk up (beginner, very skinny)

How should I split up my muscle groups??

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Squall5042 said:

LOL

Snrub's eye twitches when someone mentions splitting.

I don't know if the OP is updated, but there should be a link to starting strength wiki and what you should be doing.

Chichikov

Squall5042 said:
Ok - the college gym I go is only open Monday - Friday

I'm just beginning to start my workout routine

I am looking to bulk up (beginner, very skinny)

You don't bulk in the gym, you bulk in the kitchen.

Sol.. said:
LOL

I don't know if the OP is updated, but there should be a link to starting strength wiki and what you should be doing.
Read the OP!

There's no reason to avoid splits altogether. Sticking to total body workouts all the time is stupid. I have had my best results on an upper/lower split, and you can also do push/pull splits. But yes, doing chest/leg/back/shoulder days is outdated and won't get you very far.

methos75

Banned
Captain Glanton said:
Read the OP!

There's no reason to avoid splits altogether. Sticking to total body workouts all the time is stupid. I have had my best results on an upper/lower split, and you can also do push/pull splits. But yes, doing chest/leg/back/shoulder days is outdated and won't get you very far.

I have tried every combo I can, and have found that for me going straight specific bodypart per day works best. my current program is:

Bi's/Tri,s
Shoulders/Trap
Back
Rest Day
Chest
Legs.Quads
rest

Chichikov

Captain Glanton said:
Read the OP!

I never thought there's nothing inherently wrong with splits, the problem in my mind is that they usually go hand in hand with extensive use of isolation exercises.
And while isolation has its time and utility in a strength training program, a beginner can probably have better use of his/her time.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Chichikov said:
I never thought there's nothing inherently wrong with splits, the problem in my mind is that they usually go hand in hand with extensive use of isolation exercises.
And while isolation has its time and utility in a strength training program, a beginner can probably have better use of his/her time.

What about something like this [I'm not doing this, I'm doing the regular program, just asking for the sake of debate]:

Monday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench press / Press (Alternating)
Chin-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

Wednesday
3x5 Dips
3x5 Abs
3x5 Calf Raises
3x5 Barbell curls

Friday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press / Press (Alternating)
Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

reilo said:
What about something like this [I'm not doing this, I'm doing the regular program, just asking for the sake of debate]:

Monday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench press / Press (Alternating)
Chin-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

Wednesday
3x5 Dips
3x5 Abs
3x5 Calf Raises
3x5 Barbell curls

Friday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press / Press (Alternating)
Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

I would say:

1) Too much flat benching

2) No big leg exercise on Wed.

3) Given the limited number of exercises you're doing [hypothetically, yes], you aren't getting enough 'bang for your buck.' Add more multi-movement exercises, like Olympic lifts.

4) You have an imbalance in your upper body--your back exercises are mostly vertical, but your front exercises are mostly horizontal. Try for more balance.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
reilo said:
Wednesday
3x5 Abs

You cannot work abs once a week. You're not going to get anywhere. Abs aren't like biceps or shoulders where you can hit them once/twice a week and you'll see gains. Abs need constant work.

methos75

Banned
RSTEIN said:
You cannot work abs once a week. You're not going to get anywhere. Abs aren't like biceps or shoulders where you can hit them once/twice a week and you'll see gains. Abs need constant work.

Abs are more diet than work, I have decent abs and never touch them, I just do tons of heavy core exercises like Squats, dead Lifts, etc that indirectly hit them and keep them where I want them.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
methos75 said:
Abs are more diet than work, I have decent abs and never touch them, I just do tons of heavy core exercises like Squats, dead Lifts, etc that indirectly hit them and keep them where I want them.

Well, I'm not as lucky as you are :D

Chichikov

methos75 said:
Abs have nothing to do with diet, abs visibility have everything to do with it.
But yeah, I agree, your abs are getting worked pretty much all the time, doing specific abs workout every day at gym is not necessary for most people.

Sol.. said:
LOL

:lol

Starting Strength wiki would be an excellent addition to the OP.

Like Glanton said, splits CAN be useful, but in my opinion, only in an upper/lower capacity. Isolation splits, in the majority of cases/population, are vastly inferior to full body routines, for beginners and intermediates.

RSTEIN said:

I work my abs...once a week. And when I do work them, I work them heavy, 3 sets of 10 reps or so, if not less. Most people's abs will get enough work with heavy squats and deads. Once you start noticing a deficiency, then training abs becomes a priority.

Of course, I don't train to get "shredded abs". Just strong abs.

Captain Glanton said:
Then you want to get your diet under control. And do some high-intensity running too.

Edit: your lunges will certainly help with this. But having the proper diet is 75% of the fight for what you're after.
Ok, awesome. Thanks! I knew the ass shaping thread would help me :D

Yeah, I've got my diet going strong(and I'm a vegetarian to begin with), plus I'm running about 4-6 miles every morning. Should I run less at a higher speed(currently around 6mi/hr)

I'm going to start adding lunges to start my weight lifting sessions that I've just started, and I also do about half an hour of yoga to get stretched out at the beginning of every day.

Are there any other specific excersizes that I can add? I know about those air-humping things they do in group aerobics classes, but they seem kinda wierd.

I've always been a skinny/lean guy, and for a while have been trying to bulk up for a couple of years. Not to get massive, but just to at least a normal size.

I am now actually at a good weight/size for my height and age, and have been reading up on how to rip back on the body fat.

All this time, I figured, building more muscle and tonnes of cardio will do it, have been reading that it's pretty much 90% diet. So I've started a new low carb, low fat, high protein diet, hoping it will do the trick.

i also now walk at a very brisk pace for 30 mins every morning before breakfast because I read that the ideal time for fat burning is first thing in the morning before breakfast.

My diet now is basically this:

6AM - 3 Wheat Biscuits with a banana and milk

8AM - Some pumpkin seeds and dried apple pieces

10AM - Protein bar

1PM - Tuna, cheese and tomato sandwich on wholegrain bread and an apple

3PM - Small dub of diet 99% fat free yoghurt

6PM - Dinner, which at the moment varies, because I've only JUST started this new plan. But I try to make sure the carb and fat count is low. I'm trying to go for fish most times.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a site or something that can give a good daily or weekly menu? Or even maybe give me an idea themselves??

I'm not really a big guy, 19 years old, 1.73m, 65 kilo. I'm quite muscular though. But I'm lifting 230lb (not counting the bar) with bench press. I'm not on any diet, I'm not using any pills or whatever.

Would it really make a difference if I'd use creatine or something like that?

Mr. Snrub said:
:lol

Starting Strength wiki would be an excellent addition to the OP.
Read the OP!

Mr. Durden said:
I'm not really a big guy, 19 years old, 1.73m, 65 kilo. I'm quite muscular though. But I'm lifting 230lb (not counting the bar) with bench press. I'm not on any diet, I'm not using any pills or whatever.

I think that you would definitely see results from using supplements. The question is how important increased gains are to you and whether you're willing to pay for them; with supplements, you most certainly get what you pay for.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
I've always been a skinny/lean guy, and for a while have been trying to bulk up for a couple of years. Not to get massive, but just to at least a normal size.

I am now actually at a good weight/size for my height and age, and have been reading up on how to rip back on the body fat.

All this time, I figured, building more muscle and tonnes of cardio will do it, have been reading that it's pretty much 90% diet. So I've started a new low carb, low fat, high protein diet, hoping it will do the trick.

i also now walk at a very brisk pace for 30 mins every morning before breakfast because I read that the ideal time for fat burning is first thing in the morning before breakfast.

My diet now is basically this:

6AM - 3 Wheat Biscuits with a banana and milk No biscuits, add some eggs

8AM - Some pumpkin seeds and dried apple pieces

10AM - Protein bar Make it a protein shake instead of a bar

1PM - Tuna, cheese and tomato sandwich on wholegrain bread and an apple Okay, but I'm not sold on the cheese

3PM - Small dub of diet 99% fat free yoghurt I'm not a yogurt fan if you're dieting down. Maybe another protein shake with some vegetables.

6PM - Dinner, which at the moment varies, because I've only JUST started this new plan. But I try to make sure the carb and fat count is low. I'm trying to go for fish most times.Good.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a site or something that can give a good daily or weekly menu? Or even maybe give me an idea themselves??

You also need to eat something closer to bedtime. Maybe you should move one of those snacks or shakes to 9pm.

Mr. Durden said:

I'm going to start using creatine. It helps supply energy/ATP to the muscle, helps "prioritize" your body towards muscle recovery and also helps give permanent increases to your ability to recover (most important, in my opinion).

So yeah. It would probably make a difference. Creatine isn't a constant, magic pill though--seems to work great for some, not at all for others.

1stStrike

Banned
There's a million of them out there, but what do you guys suggest for a fat burner that won't make me jittery/jumpy all day long? I obviously want something that actually works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom