• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inter 4 - Milan 0

PARTY TIME!

party-dog-303x365.jpg

Image_1_for_Inter_Milan_00_Manchester_United_gallery_454726395.jpg

"MILAN ARE RUBBISH! I HATE ROMA!

inter-4.jpg

Feathers

Jeff Albertson said:
Most boring deadline day in recent memory?

You say that, but have I got news for you. Newcastle have actually signed someone! It's only Peter-loving-Lovekrands!

PeterLovenkrands_633688220616718750.jpg

He's free, he can score goals on occasion and can even play in two different positions (left-wing and striker, Christ almighty)! He scored against Man U once, so you know he's shit hot. You best watch your back Cardiff, I'm expecting no less than a hattrick and assist from this motherfucker.

...People do actually care about the Championship in this thread right?

I've counted about 2...

Peter Lovekrands is a decent signing for Newcastle. Although their squad has been depleted from last year, it's still a good cut above Championship standard.

This season should be a relative stroll for Newcastle, but I can easily see them slipping into a yo-yo team if they don't find their feet again in the Premiership.

CommieCaptorS said:
I've counted about 2...

Peter Lovekrands is a decent signing for Newcastle. Although their squad has been depleted from last year, it's still a good cut above Championship standard.

This season should be a relative stroll for Newcastle, but I can easily see them slipping into a yo-yo team if they don't find their feet again in the Premiership.

It already IS a stroll for Newcastle. If only they'd get rid of that idiot Barton, then neutrals could actually start supporting 'Toon again.

Seriously boring deadline day. Oooo, Redknapp has signed another player at great expense, continuing his time-honed practice of spending every last penny a club can borrow, and then leaving once a marginally better team (or pay packet) comes knocking.

Feathers

Well, I'd never put it past the Toon to fuck things up, however all the early signs are good for a quick return to the premier league. Kranjcar for about £2 million is OK business, he would have been a decent backup for the top four. Of course now he's at spurs, he'll flop massively.

Feathers said:
Well, I'd never put it past the Toon to fuck things up, however all the early signs are good for a quick return to the premier league. Kranjcar for about £2 million is OK business, he would have been a decent backup for the top four. Of course now he's at spurs, he'll flop massively.

David Bentley!

diddlyD

Banned
this is a great game, ton of clutch saves

goalllll and dirty stomp by wicks!

well that will wrap that up. seattle wins a trophy in their first season.

oh snap DC won't go quietly!

frey

That's a shocker about Chelsea. They will win their appeal. Denying a company the right to recruit employees will quickly be dismissed in a European court.

kottila

frey said:
That's a shocker about Chelsea. They will win their appeal. Denying a company the right to recruit employees will quickly be dismissed in a European court.

Not to mention that FIFA/UEFA are too scared to give the big teams the penalties they deserve. They're afraid of them going solo in a European super league.

Robin

frey said:
I think they can still buy players but they will not be able to register them until the ban is over. There will probably be at least a reduction in the ban after appeal though.

frey

Robin said:
I think they can still buy players but they will not be able to register them until the ban is over.

Chelsea's only option would be to sign players and loan them out. No one will want to sign for them and then wait a year and a bit to play.

EDIT - Anelka to get offered a new contract now.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
They will win their appeal I'm sure, but it would be super-lol if they couldn't actually sign any for that length of time.

dk_

Letters said:
Wtf... that's Pablo Aimar!! Apparently you didn't watch "pro" leagues in the past 10 years either...
I'm just a dick here. Of course I know Pablo Aimar. :lol

R-volution

Neo Member
operon said:
A bit old.. But any one in doubt as to where eduardo learned to dive, remember this..

rooneydive.gif
That's not a dive, he was just trying to avoid an injury. Remember Rooney had just come off that injury at the Euro's.

Reno7728

R-volution said:
That's not a dive, he was just trying to avoid an injury. Remember Rooney had just come off that injury at the Euro's.

I'd say diving in with his head towards the arsenals players foot is a pretty bad way to go about it...

Lunchbox

Banned
operon said:
A bit old.. But any one in doubt as to where eduardo learned to dive, remember this..

49 bowled out

Oh how do i remember this, and van nistelrooys celebration.

SO GOOD !! SO GOOD !! *sheds a tear of joy*

Ryck

operon said:
Indeed it cost arsenal a 50 game unbeated record, ofc last saturday he was worried about injury as well.
Just like Eduardo. :D

( I think his point was everybody dives so stfu already and get over it)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Question. Why haven't the top Euro teams considered withdrawing from UEFA/FIFA and forming their own league? I think they'd have enough fans to where they wouldn't have to deal with an outside group forcing things on them.

I can't see Chelsea abiding by that ruling.

near

Gold Member
arstal said:
Question. Why haven't the top Euro teams considered withdrawing from UEFA/FIFA and forming their own league? I think they'd have enough fans to where they wouldn't have to deal with an outside group forcing things on them.

I can't see Chelsea abiding by that ruling.

These associations are in place for situations like these, why would they have a problem with them? They don't need to form their own governing body, because simply put, it'd be impossible at this point.

arstal said:
Question. Why haven't the top Euro teams considered withdrawing from UEFA/FIFA and forming their own league?

They did. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G14 The G14 had a not-very hidden agenda that they'd form a breakaway league if they didn't get what they wanted from UEFA. It all seemed to end up with everyone happy, though.

Also, Chelsealol.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
might as well post it here too...

Here's Mexico training in Saprissa today. The altitude and the turf doesn't seem to bother them at the slightest.

el-tri-entreno-en-el-estadio-ricardo-saprissa_6.jpg

el-tri-entreno-en-el-estadio-ricardo-saprissa_2.jpg

el-tri-entreno-en-el-estadio-ricardo-saprissa_7.jpg

el-tri-entreno-en-el-estadio-ricardo-saprissa-0.jpg

And here's some chick posing for shot before visiting Mexico NT.
el-tri-entreno-en-el-estadio-ricardo-saprissa1-0.jpg

Also, good luck to other national teams around the world.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom