• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Fio don't kid yourself, Brazil is not winning the world cup. Also remember 1986, when we struggled in the qualifying rounds and end up destroying dreams in the WC. Not saying it's gonna happen again, but you just never know.

edbrat

SSN reporting Adebayor ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the arsenal fans, could be hearing more about that.

jiffy38

Chelsea get the 3 points at the death? ugh im getting tired of this...........
Hopefully United put on a top flight performance today.

Rody

Error said:
Fio don't kid yourself, Brazil is not winning the world cup. Also remember 1986, when we struggled in the qualifying rounds and end up destroying dreams in the WC. Not saying it's gonna happen again, but you just never know.

Errr... How do you know?

Polari

Great stuff by City. Even with Tevez and Robbie injured Adebayor and Bellamy more than picked up the slack, wonderful counter-attacking football. A win next week and I would call top 4 a pretty reasonable bet.

Thanks for the birthday gift, Arsenal. Seriously, 4-2? Ugh.

Also, what the fuck is going on with Tottenham? Scoring withing the first minute against Manchester United?

lachesis

Christiano Ronaldo... finally scored a field goal. ;)
So much for the 90m PK kicker.. :D

Espanyol 0 : Real Madrid 3.

Kaka 2 assists, Guti 1 assist, 1 goal, and C ronaldo 1 goal, Granero 1 goal.

Still much to go in terms of tight defense and real team-work, but as per firepower, I don't have any doubt that this team will prevail in early league trials till they become a real team.

diddlyD

Banned
ok the galaxy have no defense tonight, wtf

edit:
well that was a miserable game. and i was thinking about getting tickets...

Blablurn

bvb-fcb_get_120909_11.jpg

bayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeern

edbrat said:
SSN reporting Adebayor ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the arsenal fans, could be hearing more about that.

Arsenals fans response (and video)

fanscity.gif

:lol

But seriously Adebayor is a pig

adestamp.gif

Yeah he didnt mean to do that at all like he said after the match...

Also this one

adecesc.gif

Polari

Bump just to prevent the return of 2008/2009, but while I'm here: Adebayor. What a shameful witchhunt.

All he did was celebrate in front of the morons that had been giving him far worse abuse all game and find his footing in the same place where I hope to find mine when I lose it: Robin Van Persie's head. What's the big deal?

FFChris

Polari said:
Bump just to prevent the return of 2008/2009, but while I'm here: Adebayor. What a shameful witchhunt.

All he did was celebrate in front of the morons that had been giving him far worse abuse all game and find his footing in the same place where I hope to find mine when I lose it: Robin Van Persie's head. What's the big deal?

He kicked a guy in the face. He looked down at him, and kicked him right in the face. You can't do that to anyone, even if it's Van Persie.

The celebration just proves he's a huge cock, which most football fans already knew.

justjohn

is there any reason why this thread is suddenly dead this year? last season this thread was on the first page practically every day, but for some strange reason it seems really dead in here.

sohois

Maybe there would be more posts if people actually tried to contribute something instead of wondering where all the posts have gone. I mean, did nobody see this afternoons premier league matches?

I only saw West Ham v Liverpool, and while i was pleased with the win, im kinda worried about how shaky the defense is looking, in particular carragher. Its strange how its suddenly become a weakness compared to last season - i wonder if age is getting to carragher and affecting his abilities. If so, it will be great when we get agger back from injury.

As for the other results, it was an impressive win for arsenal, which allayed my fears over my pre season prediction (which i never actually posted i realise) the arsenal would be one of the title contenders along with Liverpool.

pringles

Barca's firepower is crazy. 5-2 against Atletico and they didn't even look like they were trying.

And everytime I see Messi play I find it silly that some people are debating who the best player in the world is. No one else even comes close.
I mean just look at how he set up Keita's goal tonight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBgC7WQK4EA

And he scored 2 of his own.

Brinbe

Cohsae said:
Hell of a game. Great ball to Owen.
7 minutes of injury time...
Yeah, I won't deny or defend the shady nature of that shit. But all home teams get that benefit Trafford or not. And surely City could have defended for a little while longer? Given was outstanding regardless.

Anyway, still satisfied with the 3 pts. :D

operon

Liverpool fan here and out game yesterday against west ham was good,tho would be very happy if we ditched zonal marking etc. Arsenal played well in their match and glad to see it but they should stop there whinging over the city game and get on with it.

As for the united game that was a fucking disgrace. The ref playing 6 mins at the end so that united could win, its disgusting. Managers are going to have to copy benitiz last year and warn the referees etc that they are watching for bias etc because this kind of favouritism needs to be stopped. It was disgusting to watch.

operon said:
Liverpool fan here and out game yesterday against west ham was good,tho would be very happy if we ditched zonal marking etc. Arsenal played well in their match and glad to see it but they should stop there whinging over the city game and get on with it.

As for the united game that was a fucking disgrace. The ref playing 6 mins at the end so that united could win, its disgusting. Managers are going to have to copy benitiz last year and warn the referees etc that they are watching for bias etc because this kind of favouritism needs to be stopped. It was disgusting to watch.

Blah blah blah typical bullshit from a Liverpool supporter. All Benitez did by opening his mouth last year was ruin your title chances. This year his dodgy man management has meant selling your best midfielder and weakened your challenge further. You over performed last year but it won't happen again.
The ref is supposed to add time on for celebrations / substitutions and if you watched th match there was (according to MotD) 1min26sec to be added. Owens goal was on 1min27sec. Pretty damn good timing by the ref.
Now bugger off with all the lame & bitter 'bias' accusations. No one will ever takes it seriousl from supporters of the team that were awarded so many soft penalties last season.

Dre

operon said:

If it's that easy to win in injury time, why didn't City scored their 4th goal ?

-=DoAvl=-

Kamakazie! said:
Blah blah blah typical bullshit from a Liverpool supporter. All Benitez did by opening his mouth last year was ruin your title chances. This year his dodgy man management has meant selling your best midfielder and weakened your challenge further. You over performed last year but it won't happen again.
The ref is supposed to add time on for celebrations / substitutions and if you watched th match there was (according to MotD) 1min26sec to be added. Owens goal was on 1min27sec. Pretty damn good timing by the ref.
Now bugger off with all the lame & bitter 'bias' accusations. No one will ever takes it seriousl from supporters of the team that were awarded so many soft penalties last season.

that's pretty specific. LOL

i always thought it was +30seconds for each sub/goal in extra time.

so.... 4mins extra time +30 +30 +30 +30... etc..

Gunstar

Banned
They're only crying because they lost. If you end the regular 90 minutes 3-3 wouldn't you think both teams had an equal chance of scoring in injury time? If you kept up the entire match then home advantage doesn't suddenly start to be a factor in injury time.

Gunstar said:
They're only crying because they lost. If you end the regular 90 minutes 3-3 wouldn't you think both teams had an equal chance of scoring in injury time? If you kept up the entire match then home advantage doesn't suddenly start to be a factor in injury time.

exactly! LOL home advantage:lol

Kamakazie! said:
Blah blah blah typical bullshit from a Liverpool supporter. All Benitez did by opening his mouth last year was tell the truth .

Fixed.

Unlike your senile manager who repeatedly lied throughout the season, while his sycophants in the media gave him a free reign to do so.As for Rafa costing us the league it was more like our fans booing us at home when we were top that started our bad spell, & we didn't really over-perform as if we had we would have put 7 past you instead of only 4.

We had Liverpool beat and then blew it with Torres

How did you have us beat? you didn't even take the lead, although a draw for you against us would probably feel like a victory.

Cerebral Assassin said:
How did you have us beat? you didn't even take the lead, although a draw for you against us would probably feel like a victory.

You are correct. Draw = Win

Have you seen us play this season?

Dre

Do we have some Fulham fans over here ?
If so, can someone tell me something about Olivier Dacourt ? Is he great, good, decent, bad or awful ?
He was on loan last season and played 9 matches for Fulham IIRC.

4137905871-soccer-fa-cup-fifth-round-swansea-city-v-fulham-liberty.jpg

diddlyD

Banned
man all these mexican teams are dirty. they play like the thugs they are.

re :cruz azul vs columbus, and pretty much every previous match this year

MAN columbus has totally outplayed CA but they just can't catch a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom