• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

operon

Back to the thread forgot about it. Lol at anyone suggesting why Man city couldn't of scored in the extra time, Ref would have blown the whistle long before that.

Anyway we had a great win against hull and wigan done well, roll on next Sunday at chelski.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
ha ha US' u-20 sucked and tanked. "Don't tread on me" yeah right Korea walked all over you and scored 3-0. Even though this 20's are a walking embarassment to all of CONCACAF, Im more hopeful for the US's u-17 team will make it to the 16th round knockoff than the 20's.
;)

Decado

Whatever happened to that young (teenager, i think) right back who played for Man Utd for a little bit? He looked to have potential. O'Shea isn't exactly a stellar RB.

I'm amazed Man Utd didn't do more during the transfer window after selling Ronaldo.

Brinbe

Decado said:
Whatever happened to that young (teenager, i think) right back who played for Man Utd for a little bit? He looked to have potential. O'Shea isn't exactly a stellar RB.

I'm amazed Man Utd didn't do more during the transfer window after selling Ronaldo.
Rafael? He's been injured, so that's why O'Shea/Gaz/Wes have filled in at times. I'm sure he'll get some time when he's fit again (which should be soon).

toxk_02

Black Republican
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=685080&sec=us&cc=5901
Charlie Davies, a striker for the United States national soccer team, was involved in a one-car accident early Tuesday in which another person was killed, a U.S. Soccer Federation spokeman said.

Davies was in surgery Tuesday afternoon and in stable condition, U.S. Soccer spokesman Neil Buethe said. The extent of his injuries were unknown, but Buethe said they were not life-threatening.

It is not known whether Davies was the driver or a passenger in the car.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2009/10/davies_in_serious_accident.html
Charlie Davies, a starter for the U.S. national soccer team, underwent several hours of surgery for non-life threatening injuries suffered in a fatal auto accident early Tuesday on the George Washington Memorial Parkway, the U.S. Soccer Federation said.

Details of the surgery were not made available, but a USSF spokesman said the injuries were "possibly" career-threatening.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1784525
The impact of the single-vehicle accident sheered the car in half, reports WTOP's Kristi King from the scene.

One person is dead. Two others are in serious condition.

U.S. Park Police spokesman Sgt. David Schlosser says the preliminary investigation indicates the vehicle lost control. The car struck the metal railing that goes across the bridge.

166352.jpg

Damn.

NSider

A tragedy. He's lucky to be alive, but the girl that was with him wasn't. He will almost definitely miss the World Cup.

Sucks about Davies. I hope he recovers and wish him well. Selfishly I'm bummed because I was counting on him being a real threat in the World Cup.

EDIT: holy crap at the pic above! Charlie is lucky to be alive.

Maradona and Bilardo today were shameful. WTF. We barely won playing horrible football and they are telling the journalists to "suck it" like they had come first on the Qualifiers. Classy.

thomasbk

diddlyD said:
haha what a great game, united states broke costa rica's heart in the last 30 seconds and i couldn't be happier.

F YOU!! :p

Just 30 more seconds and we were in! This sucks!

Time to get ready for Uruguay I guess! :|

diddlyD

Banned
thomasbk said:
F YOU!! :p

Just 30 more seconds and we were in! This sucks!

Time to get ready for Uruguay I guess! :|

nothing personal, i just wanted to see honduras make it in. and your team probably would have gotten the win had they just played on, but all those delay tactics and resultant drama made everyone start playing scared. i could feel the panic. oh well, good luck against uruguay.

Mindlog

diddlyD said:
nothing personal, i just wanted to see honduras make it in. and your team probably would have gotten the win had they just played on, but all those delay tactics and resultant drama made everyone start playing scared. i could feel the panic. oh well, good luck against uruguay.

have you heard the announcers from the Honduran game?

hay lágrimas

addendum

USA

Cyport

Hey, any fellow Red Devils here? I'm going to my first United game tomorrow against Bolton.. Finally! Wondering if any Gaffers will be there?

Polari

Darren-Bent-scores-for-Su-002.jpg

:lol <--- there aren't enough of these in the world. Liverpool title contenders? Not anymore. THREE STRAIGHT LOSSES.

Brinbe

Villa defeat Chelsea and a red LFC beachball brings down the Scouse... What a glorious day to be a United fan. Top of the league :D

Raydeen

Plasma said:
:lol at Liverpool

Also we (Arsenal) still have a game in hand and we're 4th :)

Yep after the doom and gloom nice to see us in form - not that the defeats were too bad. Bad luck against Utd (we played way better) and City are a contender now...we just need to beat the Wigans and Boltons, which is what we didn't do last year. We let our guard down againt middle of the table / lower table teams too much.

I bet Liverpool arn't fans of The Prisoner. :lol :lol :D

Cyport

I'm continuing the trend of laughing at Liverpool, 2-1 defeat yesterday, :lol It's not looking good for them versus Manchester United on Sunday! However they might be lucky that a few United players are injured.

Kozak

Banned
THE WORLDS BIGGEST DERBY MATCH PLAYS OUT ON SUNDAY NIGHT
Interest in the world's biggest derby is reaching an all-time high. Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray fans around the world are expected to tune in Sunday, but they aren't the only football fans with their eyes on Turkish football's biggest spectacle.

According to a report in Takvim newspaper, as many as 300 million viewers are expected to watch the world's biggest derby Sunday in Istanbul. Media representatives from Spain, Brazil, and Germany are expected in Istanbul later this week to cover the match. Additionally, television networks in Japan, Czech Republic, and Azerbaijan are expected to relay the feed of the match back to those countries.

Millions of fans throughout Europe, North America, and South America will be watching live via satellite and internet Sunday. In addition to TV coverage, fans can watch the match live online from www.digiturkwebtv.com.

http://fenerbahceworldwide.org/

q2d6vmx1wyns.jpg
f5rzv3j90467.jpg

fenerbahce-6-galatasaray-0-skor-tabelasi.jpg
r_cz3h0uhgtowxrar5cdmw.jpg

PM_turkey_wideweb__470x332,0.jpg
610x.jpg

610x.jpg
get-him-arda-get-him.jpg

All friendships die in this game. Player put their lives on the line. Fans fight for their club. Presidents slack off each other and the streets are empty.

Salazar

I'm not a Gareth Southgate groupie (if indeed such people exist), but the decision to sack him is just plain fucking daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom