• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanZ

Man! :lol :lol :lol
The Milanese Senatores came through. Kaka is a true Rossonero, but I'm afraid that RM fans are going to be gunning for him after this game.

Should have been 4-2.
I usually watch the games on TV but today even following this via Soccernet gamecast has been exciting enough to give me a brain hemorrhage.

I want YouTube clips of the disallowed goal fight ASAP:D :D

rvy

Banned
28iu551.jpg

G'day to you, Everton fans. Have a nice one. :lol

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
That Milan - Real game sounded awesome! Too bad I only saw highlights :/ Some consolation for Barca losing as well.

2n7pr1d.gif

Dida is that you?

Polari

'Cos the old thread got bumped again (we need a sticky, seriously).

QPR are shit hot at the moment, wish I could go tomorrow but I'm laid up with the flu.

...and how about that Marlon King? Good riddance you dick.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I read a book written by a West Brom fan and enjoyed it. Midlands footballing culture really fascinates me. Does anyone have any other book or online reading suggestions? The region is unfairly overlooked I think.

Kola

i'm totally shocked, they gotta put a stop to the two friendlies, this is just too much to bear right now. what kind of sadness he must have endured during the last three years no one can tell.

rip robert, you will be well remembered
bdzyy1u75f5gc3wip.jpg

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
yeah poor enke. awesome GK. May he rest in peace.

so...anyone watching the barca match. 5-0 so far.
:D

Oh shit, the Algerian soccer team got attacked in Egypt:

http://www.sport24.com/football/coupe-du-monde-2010/actualites/le-bus-algerien-attaque-312968/

See the two videos.

"[...] They struck our bus with large bricks. Players have open heads wounds with blood. We were lying down in the bus. All the windows were broken. It makes you fear for your life. As long as our lives are not assured we’re afraid to play this match,” said a distraught Anthar Yahia while speaking on French radio show Luis Attaque.

Yahia then went on to say that the security guards dispatched for the team did nothing in response to the attacks.

“They let them do it. You can’t launch five kilo rocks from 50 meters. They let them do it and watched. It’s shameful.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/wo...us-attacked-with-rocks-in-egypt-three-players

diddlyD

Banned
haha salt lake wins the eastern conference, how strange. that was quite a game. of course i'm just talking to myself here.

USA being in front 0-1 after first half. 10 min into second half and Denmark is in front 3-1 with goals from people who have only played a couple of national matches. :lol

Lets just hope Bosnia Herzegovina will get that goal they so deserved in the first match. Would be great without Ronaldo and Pepe at the worldcup.

rvy

Banned
Corto said:
Bosnia 0 - Portugal 1, Portugal almost there... Sorry TheAzRim we're just better.
LOL, we're struggling to win against Bosnia. I'm sure you said "better" for the lack of better term, really.

Corto

Milk Lizard said:
Lets just hope Bosnia Herzegovina will get that goal they so deserved in the first match. Would be great without Ronaldo and Pepe at the worldcup.

They need to score three now... Pepe and Ronaldo will be at the worldcup. Unless they get injured, lets hope not.

Corto

Shikashi said:
LOL, we're struggling to win against Bosnia. I'm sure you said "better" for the lack of better term, really.

It's a struggle alright... We knew that it would be one too. This kind of playoff are "mata-mata" hehehehe But after Meireles goal we had 3-4 good opportunities to score.

rvy

Banned
Corto said:
It's a struggle alright... We knew that it would be one too. This kind of playoff are "mata-mata" hehehehe But after Meireles goal we had 3-4 good opportunities to score.
Again, I stress the Bosnia part. When we struggle against them, you have to wonder what will happen during the World Cup.

And Queiroz says we're going to win. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Corto

Shikashi said:
Again, I stress the Bosnia part. When we struggle against them, you have to wonder what will happen during the World Cup.

And Queiroz says we're going to win. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Portugal has fundamental weaknesses at some important positions... At the moment being "the national team of Ronaldo" is the best we can wish for. With Ronaldo at his best and the team more serene now that they have assure that we are in South Africa I think things will be better...

Fularu

Banned
Corto said:
It was incomprehensible as he kept his job after France performance at the last Euro...

We were just as clueless. He's terrible, 2006 happened because Zidane made it happen, nothing else.

Gah this is pathethic

Facism

Ireland gets robbed.

At worst player will get a few meaningless match bans, whilst one nation gets robbed of a worldcup spot.

filthy bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom