• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
I want Ireland to score. This is bull. I'm french and I want us out. We don't deserve to be at the world cup

Edit : I just realised, I'll have to endure Domenech's smile for two more years... gah...

Kurtofan

In live from the qualifications to the volley ball world cup :
h346mzki5q9ih24p2d-d02.jpg

This is a disgrace

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Disgusting, if they win on that it will a total disgrace to football.

Splatt

France played like shit in group and they played like shit in qualifications and yet they still qualify. Fucking disgusting.

feel

Poor Ireland, that was f**ked up. :(

But yay for Portugal!! :D Now we do need to improve our football amazingly to avoid humiliation at the world cup.

VVVVVV DUDE REHOST YOUR AVATAR THAT THING WAS EPIC!

GO TO HELL HENRY !

I already hated him , now I HAVE TO kill him . Srsly . WTF was that shit , and as usual , the FIFA won't do nothing to set things straight .

FRANCE DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE AT THE NEXT WORLD CUP .

I'm French btw , but I hate our national team . I'm almost in tears right now .

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Moundir&Tony>you said:
GO TO HELL HENRY !

I already hated him , now I HAVE TO kill him . Srsly . WTF was that shit , and as usual , the FIFA won't do nothing to set things straight .

BOYCOTT FRENCH THINGS! EVEN THE KISSING!

/rage

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Moundir&Tony>you said:
GO TO HELL HENRY !

Most french people that i talked to (that actually follow football), just wanted France to not go so that stupid idiot Domenech would be fired. Now they have to put up with his bullshit for some more time. :lol

Kandrick said:
Most french people that i talked to (that actually follow football), just wanted France to not go so that stupid idiot Domenech would be fired. Now they have to put up with his bullshit for some more time. :lol
Meh , I hated this team even when they won the world cup in 98 .
I've always been cheering for their opponents , and looks like I'll keep doing this for some time now .
Until Laurent Blanc takes over as their coach .

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Henry you cheating b*astard.
Ireland played unbelievably well tonight, so so proud of the team.
We should have won the tie in normal time but didn't take our chances.

Feel for Ireland tonight but if Robbie Keane or Duff took their chances then we wouldn't be in this situation, but its easier to blame the officials as always, nevermind the fact that when Anelka went down 4/5 times that would have been given.

I am so feckin gutted it's unbelievable. The lads played brilliantly tonight and should have won it in normal time, Duff and Keane missed great chances. So proud of them all, but it's sickening that it's come to this again. So proud of them, yet no result. Honestly I'm still in shock.

I don't blame Henry, just an instinctive thing, no way would he ever have thought he'd get away with it. What I can't believe was the linesman, perfect view, nobody in the way and nothing... the guy has fucked up on a gigantic scale. Possibly cost the FAI millions and sent the country into a deeper depression. Now if you excuse me I'll be off for some drinks... well done lads.

Corto

I'm floored... Ireland deserved the ticket to the worldcup! Henry is not to blame for this shameful happening, any player in the world in those circumstances would try to more or less subtly control the ball with his hand, any player! The referee is to blame. He and his auxiliaries should have seen the foul and give the deserved penalization to the player... Now the wrong is done... A shame!

I remembered last year Champions League semi-final between Barça and Chelsea... The technology needs to come to help this kind of decisions...

Kildace

A sad victory for a sad team.
I can't take another match with Domenech at the helm and wish Ireland would have won, they certainly deserved it more than us.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
well, allow me to rant on FIFA.

they are continually devaluing football as a sport. I'm annoyed by the handball malarky but in truth they have had a fundamental shift in policy that is counter to EVERYTHING at the core of football and , with Blatter already an absolute muppet, Platini is now helping spearhead this charade.

The seeding of the play offs was a disgrace and sent the message that really is the core of Fifa now : We want the big teams at the world cup.

I'm sorry this is ABSOLUTE bullshit - qualification is there for a reason, you already get an advantage at that point due to, gasp, being seeded. If you BLOW your qualification then why the hell should you be seeded AGAIN other than to, yet again, give the big teams another chance and to make sure as many of them make it to the finals.

THIS IS COUNTER TO THE WHOLE ETHOS OF FOOTBALL.

Teams play crap but win games with one moment of brilliance
David will occassionally slay Goliath
etc etc.

I'm sure this is seen as a job well done - Portugal and France both "saved".

I truly hope for a shocking world cup where every single seed gets thrashed out of the group stage just to see what FIFA pull out of their giant cavernous arses to bail out the big teams.

f*ck fifa, f*ck platini, f*ck blatter, and f*ck the referees for not spotting TWO infringements in the goal. Yeah yeah, "france cheated" but you know - it's the cockmeisters who fail to spot blatant infringements that let this though.

Vagabundo

I'm never eating another Baguette!!!!

Gutted here :(

Still very proud of the boys, they'll get a heroes welcome when they come home.

Maybe this will kick FIFA in the arse for a instant replay...

Damn shame, they played like daemons...

chico

WhiteAce said:
I'm sure this is seen as a job well done - Portugal and France both "saved".

could you please explain how exactly Portugal was "saved"?

- Bosnia has some of the best offensive players in europe. Dzeko, Ibisevic, Salihovic, Misimovic, Pranjic. All great players everybody is afraid of.
- when Portugal arrived in Bosnia weve been spit, insulted and attacked. Where was the FIFA?
- we played on a pitch that was a disgrace. more mud then gras. What did the FIFA?

it was a tough fight and over 180 minutes we have been the better team and deserved to go to the world cup. i cant see how the FIFA helped us in any way!

If you cant loose then please stop playing/watching football, but stop bitching about any FIFA conspiracy. Ask Russia...

Jay Sosa

^^ Well to be honest, if that would've happened to me I would've continued to play too.

It's the refs job to see that. Things like that happen in every match and I've yet to see a player not to take advantage of that.

^ EDIT: Come on, some of the best offensive players in Europe? :lol :lol

Dzeko maybe, but Ibisevic and Misimovic are good nothing more. Keep in mind that the German Bundesliga is overrated as hell, I "have" to see them play every weekend..

Corto

I sincerely didn't knew that Portugal was considered a big shark in the Futebol World, we have a good ranking due to ... wait... wait... been a better team... That FIFA wants the big teams that bring more television money and spectators to the field is a given. But Portugal? Portugal is the David here! And as chico said Bosnia is not a small team of little boys that happened to be gathered at the last minute to play against Portugal. Portugal was received at the airport with insults, players were spitted, with the complacency of police and Bosnian authorities. The President of the Portuguese Federation was placed among Bosnian fans, all was made to intimidate the portuguese team and entourage. We were better in the field, that's it... don't try to drag us to the unfortunate happenings of the Stade de France.

crispyben

I'll add to the shame I feel for my own national team... I was seriously rooting for Ireland after that :( At least we should have scored a second goal to alleviate the shame!

Igo

chico said:
could you please explain how exactly Portugal was "saved"?

- Bosnia has some of the best offensive players in europe. Dzeko, Ibisevic, Salihovic, Misimovic, Pranjic. All great players everybody is afraid of.
- when Portugal arrived in Bosnia weve been spit, insulted and attacked. Where was the FIFA?
- we played on a pitch that was a disgrace. more mud then gras. What did the FIFA?

it was a tough fight and over 180 minutes we have been the better team and deserved to go to the world cup. i cant see how the FIFA helped us in any way!

If you cant loose then please stop playing/watching football, but stop bitching about any FIFA conspiracy. Ask Russia...

Seeding, Seeding, Ridiculous Seeding...

FIFA and UEFA get what they want no matter the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom