• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Jesse Jane said:
ugh.... not to make excuses but we just played like shit in the second half.

We were also missing regulars Xabi and Marcelo. We dominated the first half and played like shit the second.

Pellegrini made 3 errors in my opinion.

#1 was playing Granero over the hot Van Der Vaart and then waiting until the 60th minute to bring in Van Der Vaart

#2 was taking out Kaka and bringing in Raul, Kaka no way had a great or even good game but he still has more ability to create something out of nothing than Raul. I love Raul to death and think he is one of the greatest Strikers of all-time but he's no where near the level he was 3 or 4 years ago.

#3 was bringing in Mahmadou Diarra, he has no offensive ability I would have much rather seen Gago over him.

I mean we're the joke of the futbol world no doubt, being knocked out by Alcorcon in the Spanish Cup and now losing to Lyon for what feels like 20th fucking time people have a reason to laugh but anyone who realistically thought this Madrid team was going to dominate with an entirely new team and manager from last year really doesn't know futbol. Were we expected to reach much further than Quarter's absolutely but at the same time a project doesn't solve itself in 6 months. Madrid's problem is that the Manager position is like a revolving door, they need to stick with Pellegrini as long as possible. We've been through so many managers over the years enough is enough.

With Xabi Alonso out last night just shows though that our biggest need is a central mid-fielder.

I accept these points but the fact remains madrid are in real trouble this year and being knocked out like this does not help them one bit. All eyes are on real this year because of the incredible amount of money they spent to fix the problems.

Lyon could have won that match by 2-3 goals its just they could not finish to save their lifes.

Nemic77

Jesse Jane said:
Pellegrini made 3 errors in my opinion.

I think Lyon won the game when they overcrowded the midfield with the HT changes. Pellegrini just took too long to respond to this. Putting in more offensive-minded players only made things worse.... When Kaka came off for Raul, they were already being dominated. :s

I think that if Gago or Diarra had come on earlier, they might have been able to balance the midfield a bit.

Still bummed that I lost money betting on Real... At least Bayern, Arsenal and Man United didn't disapoint. :)

Messi said:
I accept these points but the fact remains madrid are in real trouble this year and being knocked out like this does not help them one bit.

Lyon could have won that match by 2-3 goals its just they could not finish to save their lifes.

and Madrid could have won by 2-3 goals how many times did Higuain miss?

Messi

Jesse Jane said:
and Madrid could have won by 2-3 goals how many times did Higuain miss?

I am not saying it wasnt a good game, both teams played a good half each and in the end you guys got screwed by the goal in the first game.

Hey i'm not one to talk after barcas recent offerings. Especially in the champions league. You could well take la liga if we continue at this pace. I can't wait for el classico in madrid. I think that game will most likely decide the season this year. Its exciting.

Messi said:
I am not saying it wasnt a good game, both teams played a good half each and in the end you guys got screwed by the goal in the first game.

Hey i'm not one to talk after barcas recent offerings. Especially in the champions league. You could well take la liga if we continue at this pace. I can't wait for el classico in madrid. I think that game will most likely decide the season this year. Its exciting.

Well I'm glad you at least realize that Barcelona hasn't been all that great lately either, lol. I had to deal with my Catalan friends FB status all day yesterday and they were already taking about a Champions league final lol.

It should be a great match El Clasico, I know some people that were lucky enough to get tickets I really wish I was able to go this year.

Messi

Jesse Jane said:
Well I'm glad you at least realize that Barcelona hasn't been all that great lately either, lol. I had to deal with my Catalan friends FB status all day yesterday and they were already taking about a Champions league final lol.

It should be a great match El Clasico, I know some people that were lucky enough to get tickets I really wish I was able to go this year.

Anyone with two eyes can see barca are struggling right now. I dont believe this barca are the second coming of christ as some people do. We have a center forward who has scored twice in 3 months, who isint willing to work to get the ball and is a ball hog when he gets it. If we didnt haved messi and pedro we would be in some severe trouble.

I dont think anything is set in stone for barca this year. We have alot of pressure this year because of what we won last season. We are also only coming out of a pretty major injury crisis over the last few weeks.

I have never actually been to a barca game, I have been to the camp nou a few years ago but I am looking to rectify that at the start of next season. I am going to make the trip from ireland to barca to see my team play :) I hear the atmosphere in the camp nou during a match day is incredible.

I think most of us saw that one coming, or at least group of us at work did - but we're bitter Northerners that dislike Southern Team's success :lol Great master class from José.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
2qs6ys4.jpg

5yrpm9.jpg

defel

Its between Man U, Inter and Barca imo. Its England vs Spain vs Italy but Im all for Barca getting knocked out just for fun :lol

tzare

well, today the team seemed to play better than latest matches, i have a feeling that it was because of Xavi missing the match, he is not in good shape lately, because he has no natural substitute and plays almost every match. I hope this means the team starts to play better and we may reach the final again with a little luck :)

Anaboula

Neo Member
Messi is by far THE best player! Barça finally looked like last years team and I hope it keeps on being that way...I agree that Xavi wasn't at his best lately and that the midfiled was a lot more fresher with Busquets, Iniesta and Toure but I also think that by not having Ibrahimovic on the starting 11, Messi Henry and Pedro changed positions quite easily and added a lot of pace to the game. I just feel Ibrahimovic slows the game alot as the team always plays high balls for him to control and create something out of nothing.

Incredible result for Fulham. They're beginning to remind me of Boro in 2006 with their form this season.

For us then, as with Fulham now, it just seems to be destined for them to keep winning.

NoRéN

Harry_Tequila said:
Incredible result for Fulham. They're beginning to remind me of Boro in 2006 with their form this season.

For us then, as with Fulham now, it just seems to be destined for them to keep winning.
DEUCE!!!!

Reno7728

Harry_Tequila said:

Yeah... how'd that work out for you... ;)

Reno7728 said:
Yeah... how'd that work out for you... ;)

I actually felt very little disappointment when we got beat in the final. Sevilla were just better, no two ways about it. No complaints really.

I'll certainly never forget our run to get there.

Reno7728

Harry_Tequila said:
I actually felt very little disappointment when we got beat in the final. Sevilla were just better, no two ways about it. No complaints really.

Yeah, it was a damn good run, unfortunately Macca fucked up England so badly he'll never be remembered for the things he achieved

Harry_Tequila said:

Amazing result for Fulham, well deserved.

Blackhead

Redarse
Harry_Tequila said:

You're an admirable fan :D

'twas a weird game, that Fulhman one. Brilliant goals from Zamora, Gyra and Dempsey. Yet I kept expecting it to all come crashing down with a dumb back pass or a goal keeping howler. Good show from Hudgson's men.

My wishes/preditions for the CL draw tomorrow:
Barca-Arsenal (Henry at emirates and Fabregas at nou camp)
Bourdeax-CSKA (easy tie for bourdeax, my picked outsiders to reach the final)
Inter-Bayern (let's settle the Germany versus Italy coefficent battle with leaders from the respective leagues)
Man Utd-Lyon (second leg in France to give the red devils a fright)

most likely Arse will get CSKA, Bordeaux/Lyon on their way to the final. They always get the luck of the draw...

NoRéN

Charred Greyface said:
You're an admirable fan :D

'twas a weird game, that Fulhman one. Brilliant goals from Zamora, Gyra and Dempsey. Yet I kept expecting it to all come crashing down with a dumb back pass or a goal keeping howler. Good show from Hudgson's men.

My wishes/preditions for the CL draw tomorrow:
Barca-Arsenal (Henry at emirates and Fabregas at nou camp)
Bourdeax-CSKA (easy tie for bourdeax, my picked outsiders to reach the final)
Inter-Bayern (let's settle the Germany versus Italy coefficent battle with leaders from the respective leagues)
Man Utd-Lyon (second leg in France to give the red devils a fright)

most likely Arse will get CSKA, Bordeaux/Lyon on their way to the final. They always get the luck of the draw...
I want Bordeaux and CSKA to go through. Let United get Barca.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Anyone saw Anderlecht - Hamburg??? What a great game, too bad Anderlecht didn't qualify, they were so much better but Hamburg is just insanely efficient (Anderlecht gave it away in the first match without Boussouffa) =(

NoRéN said:
I sure hope so. Blanc has done a great job.
...although, I am getting tired of my lady drooling over Gourcuff. :lol
I'm glad I don't have that problem : I don't take my gf to the stadium with me , and french free tv networks always choose Lyon over Bordeaux , she can't see him :D

NoRéN

Moundir&Tony>you said:
I'm glad I don't have that problem : I don't take my gf to the stadium with me , and french free tv networks always choose Lyon over Bordeaux , she can't see him :D
The only channel that I got that showed Ligue 1 games is now gone(Setanta US). So, we can now only watch Bordeaux if they continue in the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom