• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhead

Redarse
Ooh, Arsenal vs Barca, my wish came true! :D

The other games are also interesting ties as well. If Lyon don't make it to the semifinals they never will (even the final should be an achievable aim).

Blackhead

Redarse
Blablurn said:
beating manu at old trafford in 2001 and winning the cup was better.
:lol yeah that was two years after Msn Utd won the thing too. I'm seeing parallels...

'Robbery' (that's what they're calling the Robben+Ribery double threat, do I've heard) presents problems Man Utd haven't faced all season: two genuinely dangerous wingers. On the other hand, Bayern play those wingers on the 'wrong' sides of the pitch and they never did get behind Fiorentina's defence. Man Utd pack their midfield and aren't going to offer any team pot shots at their keeper, and that's assuming Bayern cam replicate those two beauties that leveled the tie in their favor in Italy. Also Man Utd had very good defensive wingers in Park and Valencia that can nullify Bayern's threat while maintaining their own. It'll be interesting to see how the sides are set up as both coaches are master tacticians but I feel it'll all be settled in the first leg. Bayern win at home and they'll plunder Man Utd on the break away. But if Man Utd have a score draw, or win, in Munich then I don't see Bayern unlocking the defence in Old Traffold.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Charred Greyface said:
Ooh, Arsenal vs Barca, my wish came true! :D

I always dreamed of this match. Im sure this would be an interesting match. I do hope Barca wins this

Lunchbox

Banned
poor bayern

their broken ass - stitched together team had a good run.

3 lung park is gonna be all over ribery like he was with pirlo

Brinbe

Just caught the results, really lucked out with the draw, especially compared to what we could have got. Can foresee a United-Barca rematch in the final.

Lyon ?

FUCKING LYON ?

why-god-why1.jpg

tzare

it is gonna be difficult for Barça, arsenal is a really good team, and if we manage to pass, then probably Inter will await us, and having played with them two times i am sure Mou will have some anti-barça ideas. And again, if we win, the most probable rival would be ManU, and i am sure they will want revenge Kratos style :D

Anaboula

Neo Member
It's going to being fun watching arsenal v barça, two teams who play amazing offensive football! Ihope my expectations aren't too high on that match...It's just boring Bordeaux and Lyon having to play each other...the french league is lame and weak and now that they have the chance to play against class teams in the champions league and enjoy, they get the worst draw possible! Really hope Bordeaux make it, Gourcuff is class! Now that's someone chelsea should buy, whatever he costs, if they're thinking on spending 150million on young players.
I don't see Bayern on the same map as Man u, I mean Rooney, Valencia, Fletcher, Evra... then the fact that Van Gaal is unpredictable with his tactics, but Robben can always surprise us and I can imagine how motivated they will on getting their revenge over the 99 final :p
CSKA v Inter? What can I say...Weather back in Russia can't be an excuse anymore, end of march-beginning of April probably -1 degres the lowest at night and in Milan during winter you have worse weather so it's whoever plays best and scores the goals away that takes it all.
Only thing I don't want is a Man u vs Barça final again! So I hope Bayern and the french teams make that possible :D

cashman

Banned
goddam. Aston villa got 2 goals on what should have been offsides. Still good for Wolves to get a draw. Now 4 points out of relegation.

cashman said:
goddam. Aston villa got 2 goals on what should have been offsides. Still good for Wolves to get a draw. Now 4 points out of relegation.

Wolves game was great to watch, made me stay inside and not go watch Newcastle u18s play against Crewe - woops.

Splatt

Bloody Chelsea. Almost got 120 euros but noooooo they had to be stupid and concede a goal from Blackburn.

Ugh... I'm so angry right now.

Messi is a god. Absolutely brilliant. 2 league hat-tricks in a row, coupled with a man of the match performance in the champions league, beat 3 players for the 2nd goal, beat 3 players to earn a penalty and then unselfishly handed off said penalty to zlatan who had previously missed a hat-trick of sitters in the match. One of the best individual performances i have seen on a football pitch. Best player i have ever seen. Incredible.

Plasma

Banned
OriginalThinking said:
Messi is a god. Absolutely brilliant. 2 league hat-tricks in a row, coupled with a man of the match performance in the champions league, beat 3 players for the 2nd goal, beat 3 players to earn a penalty and then unselfishly handed off said penalty to zlatan who had previously missed a hat-trick of sitters in the match. One of the best individual performances i have seen on a football pitch. Best player i have ever seen. Incredible.

You wait Campbell and Silvestre will stop him.

Blackhead

Redarse
Ibra has been very poor lately. It's probably the realization that Messi is,
and always will be, better than him that's creating the self doubt. Barca should sell him to Man City in the summer and spend the savings on Pato.

Charred Greyface said:
and always will be, better than him that's creating the self doubt. Barca should sell him to Man City in the summer and spend the savings on Pato.

We can but pray.

Charred Greyface said:

That would be an incredible move, but Guardiola brought him in for a reason: to be the lynch-pin of Plan B. Where, if Barca's passing game breaks down, they could always make Ibra the big target-man and hit the ball into the box for him and hope he pulls a rabbit out of the hat like he used to do when he was at Inter. Is Pato capable of being a target man in the same way as Ibra? Should Barca just blow off the alternative and go for the best forward possible - even if it might push them into the type of situation that can often be seen at Arsenal where, if the main game-plan isn't working, they cannot try something especially different?

valeo

C'mon Gunners :)

Thanks Blackburn. Stuff you Lolerpool - couldn't even do one thing right.

btw, Messi may be good, but can he do this?

jfbx8p.gif

eboue.gif

Barca, be afraid, be very afraid.

Kozak

Banned
Dr Zhivago said:
Liverpool have beaten Man U once this season, which is more than can be said for a certain club :p

To be fair, Arsenal only imploded when they realized the ref. was not on their side.

Mael

Well good news is that either Bordeaux or Lyon will get into semi....
Although I can't possibly imagine one beating ManU, so the final will depend on Bayern I guess :lol

Another great thing is that in the case that Lyon or Bordeaux manage to scrape a place for the final they will have the last day of ligue1 where it will probably determine who will be champion on the very same day!
All hail the foresight of the FFF and the French Ligue :-/
I'm still looking forward to a ManU vs Barca final though.

Anaboula said:
It's going to being fun watching arsenal v barça, two teams who play amazing offensive football! Ihope my expectations aren't too high on that match...It's just boring Bordeaux and Lyon having to play each other...the french league is lame and weak and now that they have the chance to play against class teams in the champions league and enjoy, they get the worst draw possible! Really hope Bordeaux make it, Gourcuff is class! Now that's someone chelsea should buy, whatever he costs, if they're thinking on spending 150million on young players.

Except for the fact that Gourcuff is playing like shit since the beginning of the year but ....ok

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Messi is motivated, WC is close. He is definitely on a mission.

It only takes Maradona to make him perform like shit. I like how Guardiola gives him freedom to roam the pitch. Maradona should do exactly the same.

Also it's not a bout a team, this past week Xavi has been injured and honestly Iniesta is not the same as last season. 2 consecutive hattricks, 2 goals in the last champions league match. 8 goals in a week, 11 goals in the last 5 matches. holy fuck, on a rampage.

keuja

Manchester United’s back at the top!

Tottenham is 4 point ahead of Liverpool with one more game to play. It looks more and more likely that the reds won’t make the Champions League next year…

LOL, Man City blew one of their games in hand. Thanks Bluenoses! Villa drew as well, and they all still have to play each other and at least two of the top three. Plus the game in hand for City and Spurs is against each other. Liverpool could STILL sneak in the back door here despite our wretched season, we wouldn't deserve it, but I'd still take it.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom