• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

NoRéN said:
But hey, gotta admit, he's been Everton's best man at times, and he's on loan. Even during the Merseyside Derby, he was their best(yeah, so Fellaini went off injured).

totally agree. and it makes david moyes look like the fucking genius that he is (especially giving him the #9 jersey.) it's magical watching an american expose the defense of teams like liverpool and arsenal (okay, maybe not so much arsenal :lol) in the barclay's premier league. music to my ears!

but didn't moyes praise fellaini as the greatest midfield player in the EPL? i have yet to agree with him. the man's a tall, dirty player. does he even have a hot girlfriend like crouch?

NoRéN

Clydefrog said:
totally agree. and it makes david moyes look like the fucking genius that he is (especially giving him the #9 jersey.) it's magical watching an american expose the defense of teams like liverpool and arsenal (okay, maybe not so much arsenal :lol) in the barclay's premier league. music to my ears!

but didn't moyes praise fellaini as the greatest midfield player in the EPL? i have yet to agree with him. the man's a tall, dirty player. does he even have a hot girlfriend like crouch?

Yeah, when Donovan was presented, I remember turning to my lady and asking, "Wasn't Saha, the EX UNITED man, number 9?"

Come on, Including Arsenal. They don't have much of a defense aside of Vermaelen. Gallas is only good at scoring off handballs. :D

But, that's what Everton(and more EPL teams) need. A dirty, defensive holding midfielder, not afraid to take on the best strikers in the Prem. Take him and Donovan out of their games since the New Year. What would have been the results?

Clydefrog

NoRéN said:
Yeah, when Donovan was presented, I remember turning to my lady and asking, "Wasn't Saha, the EX UNITED man, number 9?"

Come on, Including Arsenal. They don't have much of a defense aside of Vermaelen. Gallas is only good at scoring off handballs. :D

But, that's what Everton(and more EPL teams) need. A dirty, defensive holding midfielder, not afraid to take on the best strikers in the Prem. Take him and Donovan out of their games since the New Year. What would have been the results?

:lol you totally misread my take on arsenal's defense. i meant an american exposing the defense of a team like arsenal as forgetful. i support spurs, my friend :D

vermaelen is on my fantasy team though - the guy's insane. wenger can be crafty at times!

however, i love how arsenal supporters attack almunia more than arsenal's opponents do. the poor goalie can't get a break!

NoRéN

Clydefrog said:
:lol you totally misread my take on arsenal's defense. i meant an american exposing the defense of a team like arsenal as forgetful. i support spurs, my friend :D

vermaelen is on my fantasy team though - the guy's insane. wenger can be crafty at times!

however, i love how arsenal supporters attack almunia more than arsenal's opponents do. the poor goalie can't get a break!

Aww, I see. I love this thread so much already!!!!

Spurs fan! Good stuff! Redknapp is a good man!

Why can't Almunia catch a break?! I guess it's easier to blame one man(the keeper) than the entire back line.

Kozak

Banned
Nah Almunia actually sucks balls. How on earth he ended up at Arsenal shocks me..He couldn't break into Celta Vigos first team so how he ended up Arsenals #1 is baffling.

NoRéN

Kozak said:
Nah Almunia actually sucks balls. How on earth he ended up at Arsenal shocks me..He couldn't break into Celta Vigos first team so how he ended up Arsenals #1 is baffling.

Good point. But, would you choose Vitto Mannone over him?

Clydefrog

I actually envision Brad Guzan keeping for Arsenal. Fat chance though that Villa would give him up. (BTW: Friedel is the best US goalie ever.)

What's with the US and outstanding goalkeepers?

NoRéN

Clydefrog said:
I actually envision Brad Guzan keeping for Arsenal. Fat chance though that Villa would give him up. (BTW: Friedel is the best US goalie ever.)

What's with the US and outstanding goalkeepers?

Friedel! F@ck YEAH!!! Fat chance on him ever coming back for the Nats. Real shame.

Guzan @ Arsenal would be a good fit. Would fit right into Wenger's young guns project, too. But, seeing as he's been the penalty kick stopper for the villans, doubt O'Neill letting him go. Besides, he has the best keeper to learn from.

I don't know! USA and Great Shot Stoppers go hand in hand.

Kozak

Banned
NoRéN said:
Good point. But, would you choose Vitto Mannone over him?

3 cleansheets from 8 games this season and 1 man of the match? Hell yeah I would. I can't remember the last time Almunia received man of the match.

Clydefrog

Fuckin 'a.... I remember Friedel in Japan/Korea 2002. I idolized him. He was a brick wall!! We had that game against Germany... oh man. edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLtT0imwdCQ

Anyone got a gif of Rivaldo diving to the ground, holding his face in horror, after being hit in the midsection with a ball in that Brazil vs Turkey game? Truly a highlight (or lowlight, depending on how you look at things) of that WC.

NoRéN

Kozak said:
3 cleansheets from 8 games this season and 1 man of the match? Hell yeah I would. I can't remember the last time Almunia received man of the match.

touché, my friend, touché .

Messi

I fear that this week my beloved barca will finally lose their unbeaten streak in la liga. Alves, Márquez, Piqué, Abidal and Touré are all out injured, which leaves our defence rather ravaged for this weekends match against alt madrid. Atleast madrid are struggling this season. That leaves only Puyol, Milito and Maxwell in defence.

Kozak

Banned
Messi said:
I fear that this week my beloved barca will finally lose their unbeaten streak in la liga. Alves, Márquez, Piqué, Abidal and Touré are all out injured, which leaves our defence rather ravaged for this weekends match against alt madrid. Atleast madrid are struggling this season. That leaves only Puyol, Milito and Maxwell in defence.

Atletico Madrid suck so won't be no problem. Just make sure to injure a few of their stars or something so Galatasaray can get through to the round of 16 in the Europa League. Not a fan of Galatasaray but the co-efficient points would be much appreciated. Thanks. XOXOX

NoRéN

Kozak said:
Atletico Madrid suck so won't be no problem. Just make sure to injure a few of their stars or something so Galatasaray can get through to the round of 16 in the Europa League. Not a fan of Galatasaray but the co-efficient points would be much appreciated. Thanks. XOXOX

You leave Forlan out of this!

Messi

Kozak said:

We will do our best, now lets hope ibra finally shows up and beaks this bad streak he is currently on. If not im sure Messi will carry us as usual.

Messi

Damn it, 2-1 to athletico. Two great goals by them though and atleast ibra ended the no goal streak.

Pretty terrible that our stand in defender keita got injured 3 mins into the game. A witchdoctor must have cursed barca.

Fularu

Banned
I'm really surprised by Lyon outplaying Real tonight. Game isn't over yet but that's prety impressive.

Lol at Milan losing at home

Blablurn

Who let you out of FT? Get back where you belong!

:lol

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

we're gonna rock europe tonight.

Noshino

Kikujiro said:
Fiorentina robbed, what a shame.

Yah, goddamn it, its pissing me off

the goddamn referee was able to see the elbow but not the freaking offside, wtf is this! madness!

Its also shameful that Bayern fans now not only root for their players, but now also for referees since they now depend on them

Blablurn said:
övbrebo <3

for shame! :lol

Messi

The start of this video gets me everytime. Pep deserves everthing he got last year. Who can argue with the fact that barca had the best season ever last year.

6-2 vs Madrid, Knocking out chelsea in the 94th min of the champions league semis, Beating Man United in the final. 6 Trophies :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdr1slHz9Bo

That video is great.

Come on! Barca, even with the slate of injurys (Xavi, Alves :( ) we can still whoop stutgart.

feel

Messi said:
Knocking out chelsea in the 94th min of the champions league semis,
Amazing team, incredible season, deserved wins, but you guys should avoid ever mentioning that Chelsea game when talking about it. The referee was blatantly robbing chelsea of penalties left and right, very undeserved win for Barca.

Letters said:
Amazing team, incredible season, deserved wins, but you guys should avoid ever mentioning that Chelsea game when talking about it. The referee was blatantly robbing chelsea of penalties left and right, very undeserved win for Barca.
I'm a full hearted Barca supporter and I agree.

Also, is anyone planning on going to USA v. Turkey in Philly? Last game before the World Cup. I am so pumped.

Kozak

Banned
Messi said:
The start of this video gets me everytime. Pep deserves everthing he got last year. Who can argue with the fact that barca had the best season ever last year.

6-2 vs Madrid, Knocking out chelsea in the 94th min of the champions league semis, Beating Man United in the final. 6 Trophies :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdr1slHz9Bo

That video is great.

Come on! Barca, even with the slate of injurys (Xavi, Alves :( ) we can still whoop stutgart.

Why was he crying?

Messi

Kozak said:
Why was he crying?

Peps first season as barca 1st team manager, wins 6 trophies and loses once in la liga. He is crying because of the year he had, I think anyone in his position would be doing the same :)

I only mention Chelsea because all hope was lost 92 mins in and it was a great goal. Also pep sprinting down the sideline makes me laugh everytime. But I agree the ref was brutal but for both sides. He proved that again in the bayern match this week.

Messi

Really shoddy night of football from barca. Stut, should have beaten us like 4-0. But we ended up with 1-1 after an ibra goal which was actually offside.

:( Dani Alves was sorley missed again and it was terrible to see barca sit back and go into auto pilot once thay drew level. All they wanted was a draw it seems.

Also what was the point of bringing on henry, did he even touch the ball? he was like a ghost.

Hopefully we can get through in the camp nou.

Kozak

Banned
Messi said:
Peps first season as barca 1st team manager, wins 6 trophies and loses once in la liga. He is crying because of the year he had, I think anyone in his position would be doing the same :)

Ah right I thought it was something to do with at the beginning of the season :p

Barca were terrible today but they're lucky Stuttgart didn't take their chances. I want to see what happens at Camp Nou. Rubin showed that Barca isn't invincible so we'll have to see how Stuttgart plays the game.

Barca have got this though, I think.

NoRéN

:lol And Wayne Bridge snubs Terry. :lol

nlzejn.gif

Dibbz

Fuck sake Stoke! Missed the actual tackle, kinda glad, but holy shit from everyone's reactions it was terrible. This kinda shit is not on at all for anyone.

Mecha_Infantry said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTAS8FXbf7U

Poor challenge, but it wasn't malicious. You can see he tries to kick the ball first, but then kicks the floor and then Arron's leg

Get better soon!

Mistimed kick and a horrible clash, but yeah, obviously not malicious. I don't understand what Wenger wants from refs when he says they're not protected enough. Does he think other teams should walk on egg shells for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom