• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
The team that played best won. I could be talking about refs all night long, but we weren't at Anfield tonight.

Kudos to Liverpool.

I still hate diving Gerrard regardless.

DSWii60

Yay Liverpool :D. Maybe something can be gained from this season.

Also did anyone see Valencia vs Atletico. BBC are reporting a Valencia player had his shirt ripped due to shirt-pulling in the box yet the ref didn't give a penalty.

rvy

Banned
DSWii60 said:

Also did anyone see Valencia vs Atletico. BBC are reporting a Valencia player had his shirt ripped due to shirt-pulling in the box yet the ref didn't give a penalty.
Atlético are a fucking joke. They don't even care if they win as long as Real loses. Haven't seen the results, but I hope Valencia won.

NoRéN

DSWii60 said:

I missed the actual event(flipping channels to watch all 4 games) but replay was shown. Yup, it happened.

DSWii60

rvy said:
Atlético are a fucking joke. They don't even care if they win as long as Real loses. Haven't seen the results, but I hope Valencia won.

Nope. 0-0 which means Atletico go through on away goals. It makes it easier for us, Valencia would've caused more problems.

rvy

Banned
DSWii60 said:
Nope. 0-0 which means Atletico go through on away goals. It makes it easier for us, Valencia would've caused more problems.
As long as you destroy them, it's all good. :lol

_47611858_fernandotorres466x282.jpg

:D
New kit looks nice as well.

Google

Congrats to Fulham.

Great to see a team lead by an English manager, with a good crop of British players, and a wonderful little stadium getting so far in this competition.

rvy

Banned
Google said:
Congrats to Fulham.

Great to see a team lead by an English manager, with a good crop of British players, and a wonderful little stadium getting so far in this competition.
Shots fired!

Pics from the game tonight! Well in the Reds! Was confused about the first goal though...how can you be offside from a corner?

P1000374.jpg

P1000375.jpg

P1000379.jpg

P1000389.jpg

P1000381.jpg

P1000391.jpg

P1000398.jpg

P1000402.jpg

P1000404.jpg

Respect to Benfica fans for getting behind their team. Good free kick from Cardozo too, but Luisao should've been sent off for an elbow on Torres off the ball. Great game though!

santi_yo

wow, Anfield... great stadium. I will always remember when Real Betis lost at Anfield (Champions League 2005)... We won against Chelsea, we won the Spanish Cup, but... look at us! We are in second division (Liga Adelante) This is our worst year ever :(

Old times... Go Betis go!

dyonPT

Dark Machine said:
Pics from the game tonight! Well in the Reds! Was confused about the first goal though...how can you be offside from a corner?

P1000374.jpg

P1000375.jpg

P1000379.jpg

P1000389.jpg

P1000381.jpg

P1000391.jpg

P1000398.jpg

P1000402.jpg

P1000404.jpg

Respect to Benfica fans for getting behind their team. Good free kick from Cardozo too, but Luisao should've been sent off for an elbow on Torres off the ball. Great game though!

Great pics ! =)

I was disapointed by the result, if only that freekic from cardoso had been a goal =(

Good game from liverpool, congrants too you.

I would love if this game would have been the final of europla league (with other result of croosss :lol )

operon

Really enjoyed last night, watched the game with my 2 year old son, even the haters got to admit torres is one of the best strikers i the world.

torres.gif

faridmon

Have to text my friend back saying that the loss of Aston Villa have a bright side, at least they lost 3 - 0 instead of 7 - 1, and that i s an improvment :lol

is he going to commit suicide tonight? :(

Wes

venison crêpe
faridmon said:
Have to text my friend back saying that the loss of Aston Villa have a bright side, at least they lost 3 - 0 instead of 7 - 1, and that i s an improvment :lol

is he going to commit suicide tonight? :(

No because we came 16th four seasons ago.

Some of our fans have such short memories.

kikanny

The ref has been complete shit in el classico. No penalty for bringing Messi down in the box, not giving hand ball near the edge of the box when Xabi Alonso (I think?) clearly did it, booking Xavi for arguing about it and so on. Also fuck Ronaldo, the guy just falls when there's just the slightest of touches.

Dibbz

Damn I wanted Real to score first just to see how Barca would handle it, oh well. Great ball over from Xavi though and Messi turned the defender inside out. Madrid had a ton of chances though really should have been 1-1 at least.

It's just infuriating, they only had one fucking chance and they scored, and he dribbled with the arm anyway...awful.

Real Madrid is playing quite well in defense, but really bad in the offence, Cristiano is too busy trying to do everything himself, Higuain is showing why he isn't really fit for a great team.We need Guti, he is the only one who can do some football in the team, I still don't know why we sold Sneijder

confuziz

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
It's just infuriating, they only had one fucking chance and they scored, and he dribbled with the arm anyway...awful.

Real Madrid is playing quite well in defense, but really bad in the offence, Cristiano is too busy trying to do everything himself, Higuain is showing why he isn't really fit for a great team.We need Guti, he is the only one who can do some football in the team, I still don't know why we sold Sneijder

ehh..no..he didn't..

faridmon

Ikar casillas must be the best keeper in the world who plays fora crap team. Man he saved a lot of shots from Messi (at least 2)

faridmon said:
Ikar casillas must be the best keeper in the world who plays fora crap team. Man he saved a lot of shots from Messi (at least 2)

And Valdes saved another 3 or 4 shots, the difference was 2 shots 2 goals, if there a match where Casillas didn't show it's the best goalkepper is this.

Disappointing game imo, if only Real could have found the killer ball in the box to capitalize on all of those chances they could have given Barca trouble. As it stands they've proven money isn't everything. :/

Also 'Big Benz' is a failure. He cost Raul a goal with that silly handball.

Milk Lizard said:
Benzema is so fucking terrible. :lol

:lol Glad I'm not the only one who noticed he's garbage.

faridmon

Relaxed Muscle said:
And Valdes saved another 3 or 4 shots, the difference was 2 shots 2 goals, if there a match where Casillas didn't show it's the best goalkepper is this.
You seem to ignore the crappy defence of RM evry well. In my opinion, Casillas > Valdes.

rvy

Banned
Real. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Pellegrini. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Ataturk

faridmon said:
In my opinion, Casillas > Valdes.
No one with half a brain would argue against that.

Benzema is a good player, Real's problem is that they're too impatient with players, their fans particularly.

faridmon

for a big team, Real Madrid don't know how to play with pressure. They were bloody frustrated most of the time and can't control thier balls, barca is good demonstration of how a big team should play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom