• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

lol at Benzema getting in the way of Raul and trying to catch the ball at the same time. To be fair I guess Raul was trying to push him out of the way :lol

rvy

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
It's just infuriating, they only had one fucking chance and they scored, and he dribbled with the arm anyway...awful.
Oh, please... Real was completely outclassed. Xavi made a mockery of your midfield/defense.

kikanny

rvy said:
Oh, please... Real was completely outclassed. Xavi made a mockery of your midfield/defense.
I hope Xavi gets the FIFA World Player of the year sometime. The world has to know how awesome he is. :D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
kikanny said:
I hope Xavi gets the FIFA World Player of the year sometime. The world has to know how awesome he is. :D
Spain needs to win the WC for Xavi to get it.

tzare

So happy today , and wow at Xavi, as always, he should win some individual trophy, he is the best in the world in its possition. And Pedro, this boy is deserving all he has done this season, he is so humble, he works hard for the team and he scores easily. I really hope next year he can still play if barça tries to buy Ribery or Silva. Oh and today we also defeated RM in Basketball :D

Now keep focused, still 7 games and La Liga is still alive.

Ah I can't wait for the WC to see all of Spain's talent together as a team, especially the Xavi/Torres combo. I'm definitely rooting for them this year(unless the US defies all odds :D :D).

NoRéN

sw33tclyde said:
Ah I can't wait for the WC to see all of Spain's talent together as a team, especially the Xavi/Torres combo. I'm definitely rooting for them this year(unless the US defies all odds :D :D).
Spain will definitely be a joy to watch. I'm with you. Come on, USA!
The Yanks are Coming
:D

Kozak

Banned
sw33tclyde said:

More interested in Villa, who is able to score consistently for both club and nation.

Rooting for South Africa in the World Cup. Their confederations cup run won me over.

NoRéN

Kozak said:
More interested in Villa, who is able to score consistently for both club and nation.

Rooting for South Africa in the World Cup. Their confederations cup run won me over.
The game against Spain was great!

typicalgermans.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gah! Spurs bottle it once again, though the pitch was dreadful and the referee was spectacularly inept. I'm happy for Pompey, but Crouch's goal should have stood. Oh and the penalty....fuck you Sepp Blatter for vetoing any video tech. If fucking Wimbledon can update it's rules to include a high-tech overrule system, the damn Premier League can as well.

sw33tclyde said:
Ah I can't wait for the WC to see all of Spain's talent together as a team, especially the Xavi/David Villa combo. I'm definitely rooting for them this year(unless the US defies all odds :D :D).
Fixed that for you.

Torres will probably wind up being a stiff like most other times he plays for La Roja.

lol at spurs

Harry Redknapp must so sick right now.

Marseille 4-1 Nice. 2 points clear of Auxerre with a game in hand, 4 ahead of Lyon with game in hand and 6 ahead of Bordeaux who have played one less game.

The title is coming back home. :)

NoRéN

Gary Whitta said:
Gah, fucking Portsmouth :(

Has a team ever won the FA Cup and been relegated in the same season?
If they would win, wouldn't that mean they get Europa league football, while going to the Championship?

edit: Duh! As long as Chelsea qualifies for CL, Portsmouth is getting Europa League play.

Clydefrog

kobashi100 said:
lol at spurs

Harry Redknapp must so sick right now.

Marseille 4-1 Nice. 2 points clear of Auxerre with a game in hand, 4 ahead of Lyon with game in hand and 6 ahead of Bordeaux who have played one less game.

The title is coming back home. :)

If 'Arry won the FA Cup and got Spurs 4th place in the league, he would've been a lock for manager of the year. Now it's probably going to be either Hodgson or Ancelotti regardless if Redknapp gets that 4th spot.

agm2502

NoRéN said:
If they would win, wouldn't that mean they get Europa league football, while going to the Championship?

edit: Duh! As long as Chelsea qualifies for CL, Portsmouth is getting Europa League play.

Portsmouth at the moment wont be in Europe next year at the moment as they couldn't register for European football due to owing money to another club or something. They are trying to apply retrospectively now but it isn't guaranteed.

NoRéN

agm2502 said:
Portsmouth at the moment wont be in Europe next year at the moment as they couldn't register for European football due to owing money to another club or something. They are trying to apply retrospectively now but it isn't guaranteed.
Hmm, I see. Not very fair. If any kind of debt were to be a factor, United and Chelsea would not get European play either.

agm2502

NoRéN said:
Hmm, I see. Not very fair. If any kind of debt were to be a factor, United and Chelsea would not get European play either.

It is a shame, I expect they will give the Europa cup place to the next lowest premiership position so Liverpool will probably get a European spot in place of Portsmouth.

Watching the Arsenal v Tottenham game, and its looking to be a good one. I didn't catch his name, but a Hotspur player just scored an amazing left footed volley on his premier league debut.

Edit: Rose is his name. Kid's got a fucking leg on him.

Wow and Vermaelen is hurt(and out) now.. seems like Arsenal are having a terrible time with injuries lately.

Le Mans 2-1 Bordeaux
Sochaux 0-1 Marseille

Bordeaux seriously in trouble and in danger of not getting into the Champions Leage next season. Marseille now 11 games undefeated and well on course to winning first title in 18 years.. :)

Didier Deschamps manager of the year!!

1 Marseille 65
2 Auxerre 60
3 Lyon 58
4 Montpellier 58
5 Bordeaux 56 (-1)
6 Lille 55
7 Rennes 50
8 Lorient 50
9 Monaco 49
10 Paris-SG 44
11 Valenciennes 44 (-1)
12 Toulouse 42
13 Nancy 42
14 Lens 38
15 Sochaux 37
16 Nice 36
17 Saint-Etienne 35
18 Le Mans 25
19 Boulogne 24
20 Grenoble 15

Dibbz

Arsenal need to fucking attack we're passing the ball around their half but we cannot get in and take shots at all. No one is making runs at passed their defenders especially the CB's they're like a wall atm. Hopefully Walcott comes on and we get some decent chances.

Plasma

Banned
Dibbz said:
Arsenal need to fucking attack we're passing the ball around their half but we cannot get in and take shots at all. No one is making runs at passed their defenders especially the CB's they're like a wall atm. Hopefully Walcott comes on and we get some decent chances.

It's so frustrating, we have Nasri, Rosicky and Denilson who all can take fantastic long shots but they're content to pass it around until we lose the ball.

We're all over them at the moment and we've defintely been the better team we just need to stick a couple of them away and hope Silvestre and Sol keep it together at the back.

NoRéN

kobashi100 said:
Bordeaux seriously in trouble and in danger of not getting into the Champions Leage next season.
That's what happens when a manager is rumored to leave at the end of the season. What a shame.
edit: and Bale shows Wenger that, once again, the "Young Guns" are just not good enough.

NoRéN said:
That's what happens when a manager is rumored to leave at the end of the season. What a shame.
edit: and Bale shows Wenger that, once again, the "Young Guns" are just not good enough.

yeah since the talk of him leaving got going there form gone to bits. Deschamps already confirmed he is staying after talk started about the France job.

No love for Van Persie?

Edit: AH! He almost got one.

Announcer just said the stats on 19 year old Danny Rose's volley:
He volleyed from 29 yards, kicking the ball @ 69mph! Poor Almunia never had a chance.

Dibbz

Jesus christ that was fucking frustrating. For us the majority of the 2nd half was pass pass pass pass along a vertical line going nowhere where no one was making any sort of runs. Only in the last 15 minutes we we actually playing decent football. And WTF at Gomez. That piece of shit no way did he fucking keep spurs in the game.

Great win, just what was needed after the semi's. Danny Rose's goal was fucking spectacular, hopefully it's the start of a great career for him. Gomes best shot stopper in the prem? I think so. Just need Man City to drop some points now :mad:

Hyphen

sw33tclyde said:
No love for Van Persie?

Edit: AH! He almost got one.

Announcer just said the stats on 19 year old Danny Rose's volley:
He volleyed from 29 yards, kicking the ball @ 69mph! Poor Almunia never had a chance.

I disagree - I believe he did have a chance. Unfortunately he's just not a consistently good enough goalkeeper.

Plasma said:
Disgrace, half of the team played like they couldn't care less.

Can't believe we lost.

Very true. Sol was brilliant the entire game though, and my boy RvP showed that he is still brilliant. Deep down, even if we had won, I feel Chelsea would have still won the league. I'm just upset that it had to be Spurs that beat us. What was funny is how Spurs celebrated this win like they had just won the league... :D Or how the commentators were talking as if Danny Rose was the first 19 year old to score a volley in the Premiership. Bloody hell people, calm down.

NoRéN

Hyphen said:
What was funny is how Spurs celebrated this win like they had just won the league... :D Or how the commentators were talking as if Danny Rose was the first 19 year old to score a volley in the Premiership. Bloody hell people, calm down.
It was a derby that they had not won since, how many years back? Why not celebrate?
Arsenal would have celebrated that way too if they had beaten Barcelona(HA!).
A debut (in the world's "best" league) with an amazing goal, a volley. Yeah, it was not the first, and it will most certainly not be the last. But, it was still a thing to admire.

ChuBoi

Banned
midwestern_stylings said:
Great win, just what was needed after the semi's. Danny Rose's goal was fucking spectacular, hopefully it's the start of a great career for him. Gomes best shot stopper in the prem? I think so. Just need Man City to drop some points now :mad:

Shay Given. I'm a Utd supporter but bloody hell Given can stop anything. Shame he's never been at a top European team his whole career. I want to see Given vs. Messi.

ChuBoi said:
Shay Given. I'm a Utd supporter but bloody hell Given can stop anything. Shame he's never been at a top European team his whole career. I want to see Given vs. Messi.

Good call, shay is such a quality goal keeper, hope he still has a lot of good years left in him!

Nicktendo86

ChuBoi said:

He's been my keeper of the PL this year, by a mile.

elseanio

21 years. Hopefully next year the word JUSTICE wont be needed.

Please, spare a thought for the 96 Liverpool fans who died at an FA Cup semi-final. If you want to read up on any of the facts, you can do so at the following links.

http://www.hfdinfo.com/
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/
http://dontbuythesun.co.uk/

69m1ae.jpg

John Alfred Anderson (62)
Colin Mark Ashcroft (19)
James Gary Aspinall (18)
Kester Roger Marcus Ball (16)
Gerard Bernard Patrick Baron (67)
Simon Bell (17)
Barry Sidney Bennett (26)
David John Benson (22)