• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moobabe

God dammit Chelsea! Why do we keep doing this to ourselves! No excuses though; we weren't good enough at all today. Take this one on the chin and see if we can bounce back against Stoke.

Moobabe said:
God dammit Chelsea! Why do we keep doing this to ourselves! No excuses though; we weren't good enough at all today. Take this one on the chin and see if we can bounce back against Stoke.

Is stoke home or away? I still think you will win the league, the only real concern is who is going to cover terry's position as carvalho is out as well.

Deadman

Remaining fixtures:

United

Tottenham home
Sunderland away
Stoke home

Chelsea

Stoke home
Liverpool away
Wigan home

I too think chelsea will still win. Liverpool have their 2nd leg of the uefa cup semi final 3 days before their match (unless there are ash related delays) and wont even want to win that match anyway, we can maybe hope for a draw.

Of course we still need rooney back so that we will win our games too.

Ataturk

I think Utd will win it, the Liverpool-Chelsea match will probably end up 0-0, and that will be enough :/ Will be a strange match, I'll be hoping we lose, I don't care what the idealists say.

The game against Wigan could also be interesting, if it becomes a must win game for Wigan to avoid relegation.

United similarly have to worry about Tottenham. They are in great form, and United have been poor in the last three games.

Dear god, why did I check the previous page.. I could have gone my entire life without seeings Gerrard and Scholes with their tongues down their respective teammates throats.

markao

Blablurn said:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awQGfob2HJQ
Youtube link is removed, but I assume it was Robben's first goal, was very nice. I don't think he have played against three different left backs in one single game before :D

Oh and one thing, you can have your meisterschaft, Pokal and I trwow in a CL final, if we Dutch can get him (and MvB) back in one piece before the summer ;)

faridmon

Bloody Blackburn, they can't even play ''football'', hoofing all around and worse than Liverpool and bloody Villa.

I really wanted them to go down this season but, hey.............

at least we beat them in the last few minute, take that FAT SAM.

Hixx

Ataturk said:
I think Utd will win it, the Liverpool-Chelsea match will probably end up 0-0, and that will be enough :/ Will be a strange match, I'll be hoping we lose, I don't care what the idealists say.

Both teams will get 7 points between now and the end. Chelsea will win it.

Aspiring

Deadman said:

:lol Man we were rubbish today. First half killed us. Left myself open though eh' :lol

But hey i was right about one thing, Cahill did score :D

I still think Chelsea will win. I mean, it was just a slip up today. Stoke and Wigan should be in the bag, and Liverpool, well, we *should* beat them. Spurs had a lot to play for.

Hyphen

Ataturk said:
Damn that must've been embarrassing.

It was extremely embarassing. But to be honest, I'm glad we lost. The players needed a big slap in the face, because at 2-0 they were strolling around as if it was all over. Sure Wigan are poor, but don't disrespect them by simply not trying anymore. There was simply no more drive, no-one closing the ball down quick enough, poor goalkeeping etc, etc...

FFChris

Wenger has to take a big portion of the blame. What was going on with the substitutions?! Wigan were pressuring and we needed fresh legs on at about the 60th minute mark to take the pressure. Instead he waited until what, the 80th minute? Put on two subs (neither of which were RvP) at the same time which is going to shake up the formations for a couple of minutes, no wonder we conceded.

Absolute joke. At 0-2 the win should have been assured with a couple of subs, instead it's thrown away.

Edit: Also, Fabianski.. ugh. We need a good keeper.

Wessiej

Arjen said:
One match left though, there's still hope..sorta..kinda.. :(
Well I have some hope! NAC really needs to win, and I think that Twente can't handle the pressure.

Nac-Twente 0-0
NEC-Ajax 0-3 or something.

And then, party :D

But probably not :(

So does nobody want to win the league this year? :lol And that Neville/Scholes pic is the stuff of nightmares:lol

Anyway, the mighty Southport FC are now just one win away from promotion to the Conference!

FSC PL Wrap-up

That's supposed to be the PL Wrap-up for the week of 4/15. Check out the linesman's ruling on Terry's supposed handball at about the 0:40 second mark. If someone can gif that I'll be forever grateful.

Ashes

Banned
MANUFACUPPA_133502s.jpg

success_baby70989908.jpg

TWO games to go!!!! fairplay spurs...

NoRéN

^ That's Captain Tsubasa, right?
Memories! :D Saw this when I was little. But, in Spanish it was called Super Campeones. On their way to the World Cup on friday. Eagerly anticipated the next episode. Couldn't wait for the weekend to end. Finally, Monday rolls around and...the channel stopped airing the show.

2San

Wessiej said:
Well I have some hope! NAC really needs to win, and I think that Twente can't handle the pressure.

Nac-Twente 0-0
NEC-Ajax 0-3 or something.

And then, party :D

But probably not :(
Was hilarious though Ajax rooting for Feyenoord. The fun doesn't stop there though United now rooting for Pool. Oh this football season is so close for most league's.

Ninman

NoRéN said:
^ That's Captain Tsubasa, right?
Memories! :D Saw this when I was little. But, in Spanish it was called Super Campeones. On their way to the World Cup on friday. Eagerly anticipated the next episode. Couldn't wait for the weekend to end. Finally, Monday rolls around and...the channel stopped airing the show.
Great show :p
You can watch some episodes on youtube xD

scarybore

Ashes1396 said:
congratz. and to Rangers fans...

Walter Smith has done a pretty amazing job considering Rangers haven't bought a player for around 2 years. You can also blame us for getting Tina Turner so high up the singles charts. :lol

NoRéN

faridmon said:
you should see Donovans miss for us. man we could have won that match :lol

Also we beat Fulham, not a convincing win but i take it. Next weekend, Stoke :lol

after watching it, i take it back, LOL at MLS.
I knew you had commented without watching first! :D
Frustrating game but we did not lose. Galaxy off to a good start! And, no Becks this season.

Ashes

Banned
That has to be the only miss I've seen where the person ended up scoring a disallowed goal. The pedantic in my is high tonight. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom