• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SappYoda

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN

:D

LouisVanGaal.jpg

F065D473LH03.jpg

bayern-munich.gif

Feorax

Ok, seriously, what the fuck was that all about?

There was no need for any of that shit after the keeper claimed the ball.

EDIT: Well, if any red apologists needed a reason as to why we're the biggest waste of space in the top half of the premier league, there it is.

Wasted chances, wasted time, happy to be completely complacent when we're precariously close to fucking up.

Ikkarus

moojito said:
What a comeback! The mighty Fulham, kings of Europe!

Roy Hodgson is a true hero. He deserves manager of the season in England. He has done a fantastic job with Fulham considering their budget and all other factors.

santi_yo said:
Sorry, Anfield guys!

btw, Mourinho = Antifootball.

Yeah, Mou should have tried playing football and receive 4 goals like Arsenal or maybe play football like Man United did in the last year final and being completly obliterated of the field, resigned to run after the ball and watch impotently how the Barça dominated the match and could have scored a lot of more goals....yeah Mou should have done that ... :lol :lol

Blackhead

Redarse
^^^^
:lol :lol :lol Slow down Bla. You could still end with nothing this season
or a treble!

santi_yo said:
Sorry, Anfield guys!

btw, Mourinho = Antifootball.

Is Hudgson = Antifootball as well?

Blablurn

Charred Greyface said:
^^^^
:lol :lol :lol Slow down Bla. You could still end with nothing this season
or a treble!

Is Hudgson = Antifootball as well?

i'm afraid of the so called "vizekusen" phenomon. bayer leverkusen had the same chances in 2002 and they lost every final :(

Blablurn said:
i'm afraid of the so called "vizekusen" phenomon. bayer leverkusen had the same chances in 2002 and they lost every final :(

Ah yes, the year when a pathological chronic state of runner-up, known as "Michael Ballack syndrome", was discovered.

markao

Blablurn said:
Think it is more likely that tomorrow at 17:19 Bayern will be crowned Deutscher Meister for the 22nd time. ;)

I don't think at this stage in the seaon, looking back at last week (Herta/nervous), Werder has just to much "football/ creativity" and will beat Magaths (defensive) tactics and Bayern will deal with Bochum, new coach or not.

faridmon

Just came in to say, Giampaolo Pazzini is the best Italian striker at the moment and Sampdoria is doing fantastic. Sad about Roma though wanted them to win the Serie A.

Is Ribery available for the CL final?

This is probably a stupid question, but as I'm an American with limited viewing access to most of the leagues, so be it:
How do the yellow/red card suspensions work? Are there a set number of games the player misses after a red?

Thanks

Kozak

Banned
sw33tclyde said:

This is probably a stupid question, but as I'm an American with limited viewing access to most of the leagues, so be it:
How do the yellow/red card suspensions work? Are there a set number of games the player misses after a red?

Thanks

They're appealing but they won't win. Ribery won't be available.

sw33tclyde said:

Thanks

Depends from league to league.

Game 1 - 2 Yellows
Misses rest of Game 1 and Game 2.

Game 1 - Straight Red
Misses rest of Game 1.
Depending on the severity of the offense, misses anywhere from one additional game to multiple games.

In Riberys case, should have missed the second leg of the semifinal. (Which he did.) Now that the ban has been set for three games, he will miss the Finals and the first game of next years Champions League. (Unless he wins the appeal.)

In La Liga, 5 yellow cards in 5 different games = misses next match.
In Champions League, 2 yellow cards in 2 different games = misses next match.

NoRéN

whatsinaname said:
Depends from league to league.

Game 1 - 2 Yellows
Misses rest of Game 1 and Game 2.

Game 1 - Straight Red
Misses rest of Game 1.
Depending on the severity of the offense, misses anywhere from one additional game to multiple games.

In Riberys case, should have missed the second leg of the semifinal. (Which he did.) Now that the ban has been set for three games, he will miss the Finals and the first game of next years Champions League. (Unless he wins the appeal.)

In La Liga, 5 yellow cards in 5 different games = misses next match.
In Champions League, 2 yellow cards in 2 different games = misses next match.
That's a very good explanation. I think in all, or most, leagues, accumulation of 5 yellows = misses next match.
Also, a league can impose a longer match ban depending on the reason for a card.
Ex. Dissent toward Ref or other match officials.

Puck

Banned
Liverpool are so hilariously bad. I feel bad for United for Chelsea having 2 incredibly easy final 3 games.

markao

Dutch champions for the 1st time !!!
fc20twente20enschede02lx.png

Ajax scored the most goals (106), conceded the least (20) and still not champion. :D

2San

markao said:
Dutch champions for the 1st time !!!

Ajax scored the most goals (106), conceded the least (20) and still not champion. :D
Meh fuck that noise. >_>

Gratz to FC Twente though, seeing they never won it. :eek:

Diablos54

Moobabe said:
Get in!!! Now all we need is Sunderland to do us a favour against Man Utd and it's ours!!!!
Wasn't our best performance this season, but I'm sure as hell not complaining! :D Let's just hope Bent and Sunderland pull something out of the bag and beat United.

Ataturk

That was embarrassing, as a Liverpool fan. Next season can't come soon enough.

Well done Steve McClaren. Reputation rebuilt after being the "Wally with a brolly"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom