• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ataturk

Charred Greyface said:
Next season looks worse from here.
I think we'll do better next season, probably not challenge for the title or anything, but with new owners and a bit of financial backing things should improve. Who knows, maybe Torres will not be injured for half the season again, ya never know.

Diablos54

Ataturk said:
I think we'll do better next season, probably not challenge for the title or anything, but with new owners and a bit of financial backing things should improve. Who knows, maybe Torres will not be injured for half the season again, ya never know.
If he's still there. If City get CL football next season and come knocking, I can see Torres leaving Liverpool.

Ataturk

Diablos54 said:
If he's still there. If City get CL football next season and come knocking, I can see Torres leaving Liverpool.
Not this summer, I don't think. He won't ever go to City. Of that I am certain.

He could go to Barca or Italy. Can't see him going anywhere else.

FabCam

This is not what I want to hear just weeks before the world cup.

Massive story on Gerrard coming out in the next few days/week according to the 'net. Basically he got some 16 years old girl pregnant and his wife has been having an affair with an unknown Derby County player. Apparently he's pursuing some court injunction against the story, but we know how Terry's went... I hope this isn't true, but a few sites are reporting it.

Ataturk

FabCam said:
This is not what I want to hear just weeks before the world cup.

Massive story on Gerrard coming out in the next few days/week according to word on the street. Basically he got some 16 years old girl pregnant and his wife has been having an affair with an unknown Derby County player. Apparently he's pursuing some court injunction against the story, but we know how Terry's went... I hope this isn't true, but a few sites are reporting it.
That's not new, it's been talked about for weeks. There haven't been any reliable sources supporting it though.

NoRéN

Ataturk said:
That's not new, it's been talked about for weeks. There haven't been any reliable sources supporting it though.
If any of it is true, what's worst:
Cheating on your wife with an underage girl and getting her pregnant?
or,
Getting cheated on with a Derby player?

FabCam

Ataturk said:

I'm pretty sure it's true seeing as it's supposedly been broken by the same "informant" of the Terry case. Never been a fan of Gerrard - he's just a thug. Can footballers seriously not just keep it in their pants though?! Especially when he has a fiiit wife.

Ataturk

Fine, if we wanna talk about unsubstantiated rumours, what about when Fergie supposedly got off a speeding ticket by telling the policeman he'd shat himself, as he was in such a hurry. :D

Or Rooney, with an OAP in a brothel. :lol

Ataturk said:
Fine, if we wanna talk about unsubstantiated rumours, what about when Fergie supposedly got off a speeding ticket by telling the policeman he'd shat himself, as he was in such a hurry. :D

Or Rooney, with an OAP in a brothel. :lol

:lol :lol Shat himself, that's golden. I'll have to keep that in mind if I'm ever in a shitty situation.

And OAP = ?

That Gerrard story would explain why he's been so shit this year. Torres was interviewed recently and said he was worried the English game was going to cripple him, so I'm expecting him and Benitez to be at Juve next year. Possibly Gerrard as well, unless he goes to Inter. People are suggesting Roy Hodgson as next Liverpool manager, but would he want it? He seems to have a good thing going at Fulham, whilst Liverpool would be massive expectations and no money.

Sheffield Wednesday got relegated yesterday, 2-2 draw not enough to keep them up. I'm not really a fan, but I live in Sheffield and have certain sympathies with the two Sheffield teams. Minus points to the Palace fans who ran onto the pitch & taunted the Wednesday supporters, could have been nastier than it was.

sohois

Dr Zhivago said:
That Gerrard story would explain why he's been so shit this year. Torres was interviewed recently and said he was worried the English game was going to cripple him, so I'm expecting him and Benitez to be at Juve next year. Possibly Gerrard as well, unless he goes to Inter. People are suggesting Roy Hodgson as next Liverpool manager, but would he want it? He seems to have a good thing going at Fulham, whilst Liverpool would be massive expectations and no money.

Sheffield Wednesday got relegated yesterday, 2-2 draw not enough to keep them up. I'm not really a fan, but I live in Sheffield and have certain sympathies with the two Sheffield teams. Minus points to the Palace fans who ran onto the pitch & taunted the Wednesday supporters, could have been nastier than it was.

Juventus have failed to qualify for the Champions league as well if im not mistaken, so i can't see Torres wanting to move there.

Torres to Real is about as likely as Gerrard signing for Man U :lol . I think Torres could go to Juventus if Rafa does - he seems to have a good relationship with him and apparently Juve have money to spend.

Blackhead

Redarse
Dr Zhivago said:
Torres to Real is about as likely as Gerrard signing for Man U :lol . I think Torres could go to Juventus if Rafa does - he seems to have a good relationship with him and apparently Juve have money to spend.
I don't know about that; I recall Torres shaking his head over a Benitez substitution a few weeks ago. I think Torres is actually more likely to stay if Benitez goes. Depends on the coach that comes in, if Liverpool somehow manage to procure Mourinho, Capello, Lippi, Wenger or Van Gaal I don't expect Torres or Gerrard to leave. Sadly, if the owners sensibly installed a Hudgson, McClaren or Allardyce then the club house will be empty after a week.

faridmon

Dr Zhivago said:
Torres to Real is about as likely as Gerrard signing for Everton:lol . I think Torres could go to Juventus if Rafa does - he seems to have a good relationship with him and apparently Juve have money to spend.
fixed for more accuracy.

Athletico Madrid and Real Madrid Hate each other.
NoRéN said:
Getting cheated on with a Derby player?
Derby player of all player. Bloody hell, i feel for Gerrard (even though i hate him, diving twat)

faridmon said:
fixed for more accuracy.

pic-gerrard_everton.jpg

Nah, you've made it less accurate. There's far more hate between Liverpool & Man U than there is between Liverpool & Everton. Gerrard's family, like mine, is split between the two - hence the picture.

Torres on Benitez:

"The difference between him and my other managers is that when I was at Atletico I was always over-protected," he told the News of the World. "They didn't ask so much of me.

"Here, Rafa demands a lot and I have to live up to expectations. Some players need to be spoilt and other players like me need to always be pushed, and to have more asked of us.

"If I score twice in a game I want to hear that I played badly to help me do even better next time. Rafa is ruthless and sometimes it is tiring but he knows the right way to deal with me.

"If Rafa had not been here I would never have come. He has taught me a lot and he has helped me go beyond my limits and to be the player I am today."

Karakand

Vox-Pop said:
So who is making the World Cup thread? Only one month + a few days away!
I'd like to. I made the Euro thread and it rocked.

Unfortunately I follow gaming side's 1-2 week before event rule so someone is probably going to beat me to it because I follow convention.

NoRéN

Karakand said:

Unfortunately I follow gaming side's 1-2 week before event rule so someone is probably going to beat me to it because I follow convention.
I was wondering about that. Well, hopefully you can make it.

The Official World Cup Thread of Vuvuzelas, Major Upsets, Shameless Tears, and See you in 4 Years

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
NoRéN said:
I was wondering about that. Well, hopefully you can make it.

The Official World Cup Thread of Vuvuzelas, Major Upsets, Shameless Tears, and See you in 4 Years
wat, vuvuzelas, noooooooo

don't forget 3D!

NoRéN

Vox-Pop said:
wat, vuvuzelas, noooooooo

don't forget 3D!
I dont get the vuvuzela hate! They sound like the horns heard at Latin American country games. I guess I'm used to it.

HAHAHA! 3D. Goal scored, celebratory shirt rip, "Damn! Them abs is coming right at me!"

Wes

venison crêpe
Karakand said:

Check your PMs mate (=

confuziz

Banned
NoRéN said:
I dont get the vuvuzela hate! They sound like the horns heard at Latin American country games. I guess I'm used to it.

HAHAHA! 3D. Goal scored, celebratory shirt rip, "Damn! Them abs is coming right at me!"

I don't know why, but that reminded me of a very old Southpark episode that was about Jimbo and the boys doing some real huntingbusiness. I think deers were involved.

faridmon

Dr Zhivago said:
pic-gerrard_everton.jpg

Nah, you've made it less accurate. There's far more hate between Liverpool & Man U than there is between Liverpool & Everton. Gerrard's family, like mine, is split between the two - hence the picture.

I don't think i did it. Yes, there are family that have both Everton and Liverpool fans (like mine as i am an Everton fan), but the hate is still going strong and could get out of hand sometime.

Gerard used to be an Everton fan, no denying in that, however that's old days mate. Now, all he does is dive against us.

As more factual news, bat least we have won the FA cup
thanks ladies

efc__1272900280_doesifirst494.jpg

efc__1272900320_dowiecelebs494.jpg

efc__1272900562_scottdowie2nd494.jpg

*salutes*

forget tottenham making it to the qualifying rounds of the champions league.

Biggest news of the night is Marseille becoming champions of France. So happy tonight!!

MARSEILLE CHAMPION DE FRANCE 2009/2010
THE LIGUE CUP AND LIGUE 1 DOUBLE!!

ALLEZ L'OM !!!! ALLEZ L'OM !!!! ALLEZ L'OM !!!!!!!!!

Gary Whitta said:
YES! GET IN THERE YOU SPURS!

Champions League here we come!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Gratz to Tottenham fans, they deserved the win and riches with the sheer hard work and soul they displayed against City.

Also, Crouch is beast.

xbhaskarx

I think after rosters are announced someone should make a USMNT specific thread to educate US-GAF and hopefully get more of them interested in soccer...

NoRéN

xbhaskarx said:
I think after rosters are announced someone should make a USMNT specific thread to educate US-GAF and hopefully get more of them interested in soccer...
Sounds like a good idea. Though, what do you mean by "educate"?
Like, post stats, background info. on our yanks going to South Africa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom