• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

NoRéN said:
Sounds like a good idea. Though, what do you mean by "educate"?
Like, post stats, background info. on our yanks going to South Africa?

Yeah, exactly. Make it like a video game official thread in terms of information and whatnot that will get people interested.
The US has plenty of sports fans, and sports threads are popular on GAF, I think it would be easier for people to root for the US team if they knew more about the players, maybe even tactics, history, a few videos...

NoRéN

xbhaskarx said:
Yeah, exactly. Make it like a video game official thread in terms of information and whatnot that will get people interested.
well, when's the finalized lineup supposed to be announced?
You could start the thread before that and see who do USMNT fans want to see wearing that sweet kit in South Africa.

NoRéN said:
well, when's the finalized lineup supposed to be announced?
You could start the thread before that and see who do USMNT fans want to see wearing that sweet kit in South Africa.

Somebody DO ET!

When is the World Cup thread going up?

Clydefrog

SSSSPPPPUUUURRRSSS

putting on my Modric jersey right when i get home from work.

now i'm going to get greedy and hope we finish above arsenal :D

BTW I don't think (competent) Spurs fans actually expect Tottenham to do well in the CL. As far as I'm concerned, this is just a big step forward ($$.) I'd be glad to make it to the group stage and do well in it. Not sure if want 'Arry to stay though...

Karakand's got dibs on the WC thread creation.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
YESSSSSS! COYS! Brilliant result, I'm fucking delighted right now. If Fulham can beat Arsenal, and we beat Burnley, we'll finish 3rd! Well done lads!

:lol Harry getting drenched while Bentley pranced around in his pants :lol

Clydefrog said:
Not sure if want 'Arry to stay though...

I think he's earned it. You can't argue with what he's achieved, we've gone from relegation battle to Champion's League in two seasons.

faridmon

And the spurs fans are getting out of the closets :lol

well, well done lads, you just done what we have achieved few years back. Now don't get knocked out of qualification round like we did.
Ushojax said:
I think he's earned it. You can't argue with what he's achieved, we've gone from relegation battle to Champion's League in two seasons.
well, i can't argue with the factual history. He relegated Southampton and made Portsmouth bleed money.

and since when the fuck were the spurs battling for relegation? now you guys are getting way mad over this.

Ataturk

I'm just glad City didn't get 4th, slightly delays their inevitable world domination.

xbhaskarx said:
The US has plenty of sports fans, and sports threads are popular on GAF, I think it would be easier for people to root for the US team if they knew more about the players, maybe even tactics, history, a few videos...
I agree with this, I can imagine there'll be a lot of bandwagoners for the world cup, so it'd be a good idea to clue them in in the OP. Assuming absolute ignorance is probably the best policy.

NoRéN

Ataturk said:
I agree with this, I can imagine there'll be a lot of bandwagoners for the world cup, so it'd be a good idea to clue them in in the OP. Assuming absolute ignorance is probably the best policy.
:lol
Should be fun. Hopefully the thread goes up soon!

The Yanks Are Coming!!!

xbhaskarx

NoRéN said:
Do it, xbhaskarx!

I'm just throwing out the idea, I don't want to make it myself! :lol
Although if someone else is willing to it, I could help out as I follow the USMNT quite closely.
Anyone?

NoRéN said:
Spurs fans: 'arry Redknapp named Barclays Manager of the Year.

Should have been Hodgson
:D

Meh the Hodge had an average league season, due to the Uefa Cup. If they'd come like 7th again I'd agree.

NoRéN

MrPing1000 said:
Meh the Hodge had an average league season, due to the Uefa Cup. If they'd come like 7th again I'd agree.

Money, doing what you can with what you have, etc.
Hodgson getting Fulham to a their 1st ever European Final: Big News.

Tottenham Qualifying for the Champions League: Big News. However, they have qualified and still have to play another team to get into the group stage.

Blablurn

bayern-gaal-dusche-treffer-16063826__MBQF-1273337118,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-gaal-schweini-16063797__MBQF-1273335921,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-gaal-jagd-16063326__MBQF-1273334530,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-bommel-schampus-16064057__MBQF-1273336973,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-robben-ribery-16063769__MBQF-1273335946,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-olic-ribery-brillen-16064058__MBQF-1273336956,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-kurve-16063708__MBQF-1273336431,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-robben-schale-16063945__MBQF-1273337055,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-bommel-gaal-robben-16063851__MBQF-1273336293,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-gaal-medaille-16063999__MBQF-1273336994,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-gaal-schale-rasen-16063946__MBQF-1273337044,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-ribery-gaal-16063733__MBQF-1273335961,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-schale-16063203__MBQF-1273333545,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-schale-16063393__MBQF-1273334564,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-dans-schale-16062890-mfb-quer,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

bayern-meister-foto-16063802__MBQF-1273336377,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

Splatt

ROOOOOOOBEEEEEENNN!!!
Congratulations Bayern. You played like shit the first half of season but then you made an unexpected come back and I wsh you the best in CL finals :D

itxaka

Defeatist
Barca and Madrid matches just started.

barca VS Valencia and Madrid VS Atletico de Madrid.

Awesome matches. If Barca wins and madrid loses Barca wins the league.

EDIT: Barca VS Sevilla sorry. And Messi scores!

cashman

Banned
xbhaskarx said:
I think after rosters are announced someone should make a USMNT specific thread to educate US-GAF and hopefully get more of them interested in soccer...
This is a good idea. I want to have a good idea of whom I'm rooting for.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ughh, classic Spurs. What a shitty second half. Anyway, well done Chelsea, worthy winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom