• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldrusher

Code:
Pos  Driver         Team                    Time              Laps
 1.  Vettel         Red Bull-Renault        1:38.052            14
 2.  Kubica         Renault                 1:38.154  + 0.102   17
 3.  Webber         Red Bull-Renault        1:38.313  + 0.261   13
 4.  Sutil          Force India-Mercedes    1:38.500  + 0.448   17
 5.  Alonso         Ferrari                 1:38.513  + 0.461   18
 6.  Barrichello    Williams-Cosworth       1:38.623  + 0.571   15
 7.  Liuzzi         Force India-Mercedes    1:38.676  + 0.624   17
 8.  Massa          Ferrari                 1:38.686  + 0.634   16
 9.  Button         McLaren-Mercedes        1:38.769  + 0.717   16
10.  Hamilton       McLaren-Mercedes        1:38.816  + 0.764   15
11.  Rosberg        Mercedes                1:38.822  + 0.770   15
12.  Buemi          Toro Rosso-Ferrari      1:39.050  + 0.998   16
13.  Hulkenberg     Williams-Cosworth       1:39.105  + 1.053   15
14.  Petrov         Renault                 1:39.113  + 1.061   16
15.  Schumacher     Mercedes                1:39.222  + 1.170   14
16.  Alguersuari    Toro Rosso-Ferrari      1:39.392  + 1.340   18
17.  Kobayashi      Sauber-Ferrari          1:39.527  + 1.475   16
18.  de la Rosa     Sauber-Ferrari          1:39.699  + 1.647   16
19.  Kovalainen     Lotus-Cosworth          1:41.303  + 3.251   19
20.  Trulli         Lotus-Cosworth          1:41.428  + 3.376   20
21.  Glock          Virgin-Cosworth         1:41.955  + 3.903   17
22.  di Grassi      Virgin-Cosworth         1:42.354  + 4.302   18
23.  Senna          HRT-Cosworth            1:42.611  + 4.559   18
24.  Chandhok       HRT-Cosworth            1:42.622  + 4.570   19

All Timing Unofficial

TylerD

Terrible idea to have one of the FOX races in the US be Valencia... Let's show just how boring and uneventful F1 can be! Hope something happens that proves me wrong.

Jinjo

DrM said:
Vettel fastest, Kubica second and Webber. The gap between first and 11th is a mere 0.770s.

Awesome. This is what we all want. Also, go Kubica. I like how he always takes a stick at the top teams by putting an inferior car on the front of the grid through sheer awesome driving.

Dead Man

Damn it. Local TV is delaying the qualy coverage again, and I don't think I can stream it without going over my download limit. :(

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Dead Man said:
Damn it. Local TV is delaying the qualy coverage again, and I don't think I can stream it without going over my download limit. :(
Same here, due to MotoGP race (same TV station owns rights). And foreign channels are blocked in that period, by the request of this idiotic TV station.

Dead Man

DrM said:
Same here, due to MotoGP race (same TV station owns rights). And foreign channels are blocked in that period, by the request of this idiotic TV station.
Same reason here. Funny thing is, the channel has a HD channel and a SD channel, they should show the bikes on HD and the qualy live on SD since it is not HD content. Oh well, I'll just watch it delayed. At least the race will be live, until a few years ago we only ever got in on 1 or 2 hour delay at best.

Goldrusher

:lol

Ten drivers penalised in GP3

A total of ten drivers were penalised following Friday's free practice session in the GP3 series. Most of the drivers were penalised for ignoring waved yellow flags on Friday.
Addax Team’s Felipe Guimaraes has been penalised for crossing the line at the pit exit during Friday practice. The Brazilian has a drop of 3 grid positions in the first race this afternoon.

Penalised for ignoring waved yellow flags during Friday practice are ART Grand Prix’s Alexander Rossi, Status GP’s Daniel Morad, Manor Racing’s James Jakes, Carlin’s Dean Smith, Carlin’s Lucas Foresti, Addax Team’s Pablo Sanchez Lopez, MW Arden’s Michael Christensen, Tech 1 Racing’s Stefano Coletti and Atech CRS GP’s Roberto Merhi.

All nine drivers will receive a drop of 3 grid penalties in the first race this afternoon. The penalties will be applied in the order that the offences were committed. The amended grid will be issued prior to the start of the race.
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/autosport-news/237693/ten-drivers-penalised-in-gp3/

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Kubica doing well out there. Currently on pole (of course Q1 means little but hey).

According to the BBC commentary Renault have went through 22 iterations of their front wing this year. Twenty-two. Christ.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
This is a great Q1 already. Its going to be so so close for pole.

Renault, McLaren, RBR & Ferrari are just so close on this track, all pushing each others time by 1/10 every lap.

Stop It

Schumacher on the bubble and not doing a great lap too. 1 lap to avoid elimination during Q1.

Q2 and 3 will be very, very interesting...

Edit: Schumacher has a steering problem, should explain why he is nowhere near Rosberg....

navanman

Scumacher has lost it, he is struggling to get out of Q1.

He manages to do a good lap and gets out of Q1 with 12th fastest.

navanman

Juicy Bob said:
Where was this Robert Kubica last year, did he take a year off or something?

Also, Kobayashi. :(

Its the Renault team. IMO, the most improved team from last year and most improving team this year. They are pulling a McLaren for this year, a dog to potential race winner.

Stop It

Juicy Bob said:
Where was this Robert Kubica last year, did he take a year off or something?

Also, Kobayashi. :(
I think Kubica is one of the most naturally talented drivers in F1, but like many people, he is prone to being a bit of a sulky git, and last year he was too busy moaning about the car to remember he was supposed to be driving it.

This year he is a much happier driver, and as the Renault appears to be improving all the time, so will he.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Kingdom for working stream!

Our commercial TV station has 4 programs, but some sourgrape saturday dramas are more important than F1. Oh and one more thing - every 5 or so laps, 2 minute commercial block.

Juicy Bob

navanman said:
Its the Renault team. IMO, the most improved team from last year and most improving team this year. They are pulling a McLaren for this year, a dog to potential race winner.

I agree. If anything, Renault's resurgence is down to Kubica taking such a leading role within the team and giving them focus and direction, but that's what confuses me. Why didn't we see that from him during his BMW days, especially after the achievements of 2008? I imagine that having a rookie teammate might have something to do with it, though.

navanman

WOW, Mercedes got butt-fucked!!

Williams on fire this race. cock, I bet on Force-India doing well instead of Renault based on FP3.

Stop It

Mercedes both out of Q2. Amazingly Williams are both in Q3. Both Renaults in Q3 also. Quite a turnaround for those 2 teams.

Note: I typed that before Jake Humphreys called this a turnaround, the git.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
What, Hulkenberg is too tall for F-Duct system implementation? :lol

Mercedes engine is not in advantage on street circuts...seen that in Monaco, same story in Borelencia

TylerD

I thought I was going to get massive value with Sutil and Barrichello as my drivers and with Force and Williams as engine/chassis. Force failed me!

Stop It

Leonsito said:
What the fuck Mercedes, What the fucking fuck !
They're lacking somewhere, about .5 of a second away from decent pace....

Anyway, I may have underestimated Red Bull, while they still are my favourite team I think I bought into the anti-hype a bit too much. They looked very strong in Q2 and are well in the mix for Q3 pole. Still I expect Alonso to produce a banzai lap to grab 1st today.

navanman

DrM said:
Mercedes engine is not in advantage on street circuits...seen that in Monaco, same story in Borelencia

Interesting theory! The Mercedes engine is tuned for typical track configuration whereas Renault and Ferrari is tuned for continuous gear changes at low down power rather than flat out power on long straights??

Leonsito

Stop It said:
They're lacking somewhere, about .5 of a second away from decent pace....

But I don't understand this performance after Nico's words yesterday:

Nico Rosberg is adamant his Mercedes GP team has taken a step forward at the European Grand Prix thanks to the introduction of new updates.

But Rosberg conceded tyre management is still a problem for the German squad.

"It was okay, we've made a step in the right direction," said Rosberg, who posted the quickest time in the morning practice session on Friday.

"We've made some progress, especially with all the new parts that have come - but still have a little bit of a problem with making the tyres work, especially on this track today, so it's still not ideal.

"But we are definitely a step closer to the front which has been nice, with high fuel, we were very quick today – so it's looking like a better weekend.

"It is difficult to compare from one track to another, but definitely feels like we have a stronger car," added the German, fourth fastest in the afternoon.

Rosberg is optimistic Mercedes can still catch the front-running cars if it continues with its rate of development.

"Yeah, I think everybody has done a really good job back at the factory because it is a nice step for us and it is not easy to make them work and reliable and all these things, but the guys have worked well during the day to make things work out well, and it is looking good," he said.

navanman

Hamilton with his quickest lap of weekend so far and then Webber goes 1/10 quicker.

This is going to be so close for pole and front row slot.

Stop It

Leonsito said:
Everyone on softs, I though someone was going to try the hards.
Yeah, I thought the teams didn't like the softs?

Anyway, Ferrari out very early for their last run, trying a 2 lap run or just wanting to get a time out there first? Alonso and Massa VERY VERY fast in sector 1.

Juicy Bob

I really hope this is a sign of better times ahead for Williams, but I won't hold my breath. The pecking order seems to change from race to race this year, so who knows who's really faster than who?

navanman

Hamilton had 2nd in the bag and maybe pole but lost the rear going into that tight right hander.

Congrats to Vettel, thats one bet that paid off.

Stop It

navanman said:
Hamilton blown it, he was on the same time as Vettel through 2 sectors.
So did Button, an awful 3rd sector costed him at least 3rd.

Well well well, Vettel and Webber 1st and 2nd. With all the hype about Ferrari RBR were almost ignored for this weekend, will that prove to be a big mistake? It's a shame this track doesn't do overtaking, because this race could be epic.

Leonsito

The finger !

South_Park-fingerbang-01.jpg

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Stop It said:
Well well well, Vettel and Webber 1st and 2nd. With all the hype about Ferrari RBR were almost ignored for this weekend, will that prove to be a big mistake? It's a shame this track doesn't do overtaking, because this race could be epic.
Ferrari looks very very twitchy and they lost a lot of their time in 3rd sector. 1st was OK, 2nd slower and 3rd the slowest.

Mercedes should cease all the work on this year's car and switch into 2011 program.

S. L.

i'm so bummed over forgetting the bets.
i bet every time on vettel pole, and now that he did it i forgot to bet :((

at least i got 367 points out of qualiy, not too shabby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom