• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
navanman said:
Hamilton being held up by Rosberg.

At least that doesn't fuck up pit strategies anymore. I liked the whole heavy with fuel/light with fuel stuff.. but it at least won't destroy Hamilton's race, just hold him up.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
dejan said:
Vettel is killing the Ferraris in the middle sector.
They are about the same now, 2 tenths in it during lap 8.

Well, this is going to be the most quiet phase of the GP really, all trying to get rid of the fuel and not lose touch with their rivals. It's lap 20-40 where the action will occur.

Stop It

dejan said:
Fastest lap of the race by Massa now.
Yep, but of course the times will only go in one direction.

What is interesting is to see if certain cars are set up for heavy, or light fuel loads. One car may be fast now, but will not be as the cars lighten. That said, we may not see a difference at all, time will tell.

Jinjo

idahoblue said:
The timing is showing the whole time in the pitlane?

It seems so. A bit dissappointed they don't show the time they are actually standing still like last year. That's the interesting bit.

Stop It

rhfb said:
Those pit uniforms look like they came straight out of speedracer :lol
And here's me thinking they look like they should be baddies in some B grade action film.

Anyway, newbie watch, Glock nicely took Kovalainen, the sole Virgin car is doing well. Petrov...fails at pit stops. Or the pit crew has. 3 seconds? No, 3 hours.

Edit: They broke the front suspension, EPIC FAIL.

Chris R

idahoblue said:
The timing is showing the whole time in the pitlane?
Whole time + split at the end of pitlane for just the stop. Bruno's stop time was the 9.1 number next to the 30 second one.

Edit: speed racer the cartoon, not the movie :p the cartoon was pure b grade comedy camp.

Dead Man

Jinjo said:
It seems so. A bit dissappointed they don't show the time they are actually standing still like last year. That's the interesting bit.
Exactly. The timing this year is pretty underwhelming.
rhfb said:
Whole time + split at the end of pitlane for just the stop. Bruno's stop time was the 9.1 number next to the 30 second one.
I missed it.

Just as I expected, the first part of a race will be even more mundane than last year, hope it improves in the second part of the race.

Stop It

Aegus said:
And people thinking Red Bull have tyre problems with softs!:lol

They're doing better than anyone!
They're going by last year, and early last year at that.

The Ferraris now 1 second a lap slower than Vettel, RBR domination? Also, Kubica giving his new tyres a good going over, 2:01.397. Hamilton/Schumacher pits.

Jinjo

Aegus said:
And people thinking Red Bull have tyre problems with softs!:lol

They're doing better than anyone!

Vettel just went a second faster than Alonso. That's insane. If those softs keep holding up they have such a huge advantage.

Hamilton in. Rosberg was holding him up big time.

Jinjo

Those pitstops are so goddamn fast. It's awesome seeing everyone in.

Hamilton in front of Rosberg now.

Chris R

4 seconds must be this sub 2 second magic number everyone keeps floating around. No clue how anyone could do it quicker than Vettle just had done.

Stop It

Woah, the cars, they are flying, the cars are edging closer to 2 minutes with Hamilton outing with a 2:00.447. Webber responds with a 31.7 first sector, blimey!

Also the pit stops...after you sir? Hamilton gets over Rosberg, Button over Webber just because of the new 55mtr exclusion zone?

Edit: Cozzywozzy fail, it sounded more likes a Briggs & Stratton than a V8, ouch. Bruno Senna out.

Goldrusher

rhfb said:
I won that bet in the fantasy league :) HRT down one already.
Chandhok isn't on the live timing, he probably didn't finish 1 full lap. Officially, di Grassi was the first to retire. (which was my bet)

Chris R

Goldrusher said:
Chandhok isn't on the live timing, he probably didn't finish 1 full lap. Officially, di Grassi was the first to retire. (which was my bet)
But he started and wrecked :/ no way Chandok wasn't the first one out.

Stop It

rhfb said:
Bruno done :/ at least the car is still in one piece.
Of all the things to go on the HRT, it was the only thing that WASN'T down to them, bitter luck.

Well, Lotus said they would be the best prepared team, and they were right. Their cars are still going, no other new team can say the same.

Liuzzi pits, and tries to murder the front jack man, heh.
slidewinder said:
I think that's just a fuckup in their Java app. The "Best Lap" line is overwriting his (#20's) performance.
Yep, the live timing screen is all over the place, the sector times are off. Who broke it?

Pimpwerx

If it wasn't for Rosberg, Lewis would be with he Ferraris right now. He's gonna need the rest of this race to catch up. But at least he has a clear track now, except traffic. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom