• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Lewis will catch him next. I'm betting it's the small brake ducts Matchett was talking about during practice. It's that time of the race when they'd go away. PEACE.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
navanman said:
Oh dear, Alonso going to win..
With a half dying car himself? That said... fastest 2nd sector, is this all over?

Well, this is anti-climatic.
DrM said:
RBR will never win WDC or WCC with Renault engines
I'm inclined to agree, why did they stick with them?

Stop It

navanman said:
Good point on BBC,

Vettel can't afford for the engine to blow with 19 races this year.
I think it needs to be retired right now, then. 5 seconds a lap off the pace, he'll be last by the end of the race. Time to let this one go.
slidewinder said:
Holy purple.
Holy 1:58.879.

Vettel's radio confirm an exhaust failing, just bin it now. Conserve the engine.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Vettel only 2 seconds ahead of Hamilton now. Can he stay ahead of the train behind Hamilton.

Exhaust failure on Vettel's car.

Stop It said:
With a half dying car himself? That said... fastest 2nd sector, is this all over?

Well, this is anti-climatic.

I'm inclined to agree, why did they stick with them?
McLaren vetoed the Mercedes/Red Bull deal.

Stop It

subzero9285 said:
McLaren vetoed the Mercedes/Red Bull deal.
Cockblocked, and I can see why.

That said, if the exhaust is at fault, maybe this isn't the Renault engine, but Newey and his incessant tinkering? That said the engine is still dire.

Edit: Did something just fall off the RBR?

duckroll

I'm permbanning Red Bull from GAF. Fuck those unreliable fucking pieces of shit. Vettel needs to go shop for a new team for 2011 asap. Maybe he should take Button's seat at McLaren.

Jinjo

Stop It said:
Cockblocked, and I can see why.

That said, if the exhaust is at fault, maybe this isn't the Renault engine, but Newey and his incessant tinkering? That said the engine is still dire.

Edit: Did something just fall off the RBR?

HAM:"His engine's not firing on all banks."

From the McLaren race telemetry.

Stop It

duckroll said:
I'm permbanning Red Bull from GAF. Fuck those unreliable fucking pieces of shit. Vettel needs to go shop for a new team for 2011 asap. Maybe he should take Button's seat at McLaren.
Do it, they're my favourite team (Thanks to DC and now Vettel), but they are as unreliable as fuck.

A ban would be worth it just to see us all discussing xxx xxxx or just XXX cars blowing up repeatedly.
Jinjo said:
HAM:"His engine's not firing on all banks."

From the McLaren race telemetry.
Good spot, Hamilton knows his stuff, so it could be a cause/effect thingy...

Chris R

RBR's backend/exhaust issue should be fixed for the Aussie GP. They probably started working on a replacement after Friday's practice issues.

Edit: not saying the engine isn't an issue, just think this is more to do with the new exaust setup introduced at the last testing session. New engine supplier next season or are they locked in?

Pimpwerx

Meh. Lewis is gonna conserve the podium, being 9 seconds back. Time for Benson to earn another spot. Doubt he can do it though. I also hope Liuzzi and Rubens hold their positions, as I'd get two of my bets right. :D PEACE.

duckroll

Stop It said:
Do it, they're my favourite team (Thanks to DC and now vettel), but they are as unreliable as fuck.

A ban would be worth it just to see us all discussing xxx xxxx or just XXX cars blowing up repeatedly.

:lol

:(

Yeah seriously, it's really hard to watch a team like this not do well. They have good drivers, they're great underdogs but for some reason they just keep failing (mechanically) and in a tech-driven sport like F1 that's simply unacceptable. I'm really disappointed it has to end like this for Vettel for yet another race. A very bad sign for things to come this season. :(((((((((((

Lucius86

Banned
duckroll said:
:lol

:(

Yeah seriously, it's really hard to watch a team like this not do well. They have good drivers, they're great underdogs but for some reason they just keep failing (mechanically) and in a tech-driven sport like F1 that's simply unacceptable. I'm really disappointed it has to end like this for Vettel for yet another race. A very bad sign for things to come this season. :(((((((((((

There is a long way to go in the season - I really hope not, but we cannot judge their reliability for this season by one race alone.

Pimpwerx

idahoblue said:
Fucking RRBR using Renault shit. I know the exhaust is failing, but that engine is not good enough.
The engine was good enough to paste the field most of today. I think it's more to do with Newey building cars to the threshhold. His McLarens used to grenade a lot too. PEACE.

Stop It

Pimpwerx said:
Where's Vettel gonna finish? And hope that vibration isn't a big deal for Lewis? Oh first race jitters. PEACE.
Going by current pace? around 8th.

Anyway, 1st race, and the red cars have it in the bag? well, not totally unexpected, but hey, I still would rather not see it. Boo.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Good point by Brundle again.
Nobody has gotten near qualifying pace today, 6 seconds off the pace from yesterday.

The McLaren race pace is excellent but qualifying pace is not good enough.

Pimpwerx

navanman said:
Nobody has gotten near qualifying pace today, 6 seconds off the pace from yesterday.

Yup. Coulda challenged for the win with even a better start. Even then, the Ferraris might have had more in the bag than they let on.

I take back my complaint about the tire rules. The tire change added some drama (artificial) into this race. Otherwise, it would have been a procession. Overtaking needs to be fixed. PEACE.

Stop It

navanman said:

Indeed they haven't a good example of how fuel makes such a huge difference to the cars speed.

Well, 6 laps to go, Alonso will not be challenged by Massa as he is 9 seconds behind, Hamilton hasn't got enough time to get at Massa, the only person moving anywhere is Vettel, backwards.

Jinjo

Lucius86 said:
yeh, I was only expecting the cars to be 4 seconds slower - 6 seconds is HUGE.

Maybe a case of precaution? Overfuelling? Maybe we will see a drop later in the season when they get a better understanding of fuel efficiency during a race.

Chris R

Bring in the banana peels, shells and mushrooms to improve overtaking IMO :/

Maybe the indycar race in two hours will be more interesting.

Stop It

Alonso is in a different race right now, he is as fast as hell. Vettel now at 2:01 pace, would that mean if it wasn't for this engine issue he would be just as fast?

3 laps to go, nothing to see here? Rosberg vs Vettel, should only go one way.

Stop It

Lotus deserves a mention, yes, they are slow (Trulli is epic slow, 30 seconds off the fastest pace slow), but getting the cars to the end is a commendable feat.

Vettel holding off Rosberg? He is a fighter isn't he?

Vettel sets a 2:00.640? Car Un-Broken or is he a magician?

Lucius86

Banned
Stop It said:
Lotus deserves a mention, yes, they are slow (Trulli is epic slow, 30 seconds off the fastest pace slow), but getting the cars to the end is a commendable feat.

First blood to Lotus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom