• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

Pimpwerx said:
If it wasn't for Rosberg, Lewis would be with he Ferraris right now. He's gonna need the rest of this race to catch up. But at least he has a clear track now, except traffic. PEACE.

Now he needs to show us some of that impressive race pace from Barcelona.

CreativeJuices

Neo Member
Pimpwerx said:
If it wasn't for Rosberg, Lewis would be with he Ferraris right now. He's gonna need the rest of this race to catch up. But at least he has a clear track now, except traffic. PEACE.

Gonna do this every fucking post?

Pimpwerx

Did I hear the radio right? Jenson is going a full race distance on the tires? Am I to assume no one else is making another stop, or is this just Button's plan? If the McLarens are gonna do the rest of the race on this set of tires, and no one else, then impressive. But I don't think that's the case. PEACE.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, we're half way there, and we haven't seen a lot...yet.

The teams will hope the cars will hold out with the tyres, but will they? This is a journey into the unknown, and nobody knows the effects of a lightening car with a very hot track. I'm expecting it to be a bit boring really, but hoping for fireworks.
Pimpwerx said:
Did I hear the radio right? Jenson is going a full race distance on the tires? Am I to assume no one else is making another stop, or is this just Button's plan? If the McLarens are gonna do the rest of the race on this set of tires, and no one else, then impressive. But I don't think that's the case. PEACE.
The plan is for nobody to pit again, but then, if suddenly a car starts pulling 2:05s with dead tyres....

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
So with Hamiltons pace now on medium tyres being great it shows that the problem they have is with the super softs.

Stop It

Has anyone noticed the old gits pace? 2:00.711 on the last lap and getting faster.

No, not that old git, Barrichello! Seriously fast on the 2nd set of tyres.

Aegus

goompapa said:
So, can we assume the race is effectively over ?

Is every race going to be like this ? A race to the 1st pit stop ?

Just over half way with a few seconds between the top 3? Yeah no.

Stop It

Alonso is starting to fly, smashes the 2 minute barrier with a 1:59.583 and is now baring down on Vettel. The fireworks, they are coming.
goompapa said:
So, can we assume the race is effectively over ?

Is every race going to be like this ? A race to the 1st pit stop ?
Oh no, we may not have seen anything yet....

Stop It

navanman said:
Alonso has got the measure of Vettel now. Vettel tyres are gone...
Not really, he still done a 2:00.421 last lap, hardly a slow coach. The difference is that Alonso is just on fire, he is massively faster than anyone else, nobody has got close to breaking 2 minutes aside from him.

Of course now, turbulence means that Alonso will be giving his tyres and car a good roast right now, this may backfire if he doesn't pass Vettel FAST.

Britprog

I'm pissed that Lewis was passed by Roseberg in the first stint, he was then slowed down for the entire stint.

After the stop Lewus has matched the leaders pace.

Stop It

Vettels radio: Alonso is going to overheat his tyres, keep the same pace.

Basically, Alonso is baring his teeth, but are they sharp enough? it's all well and good closing the gap, but Vettel is not going to let him by, has he shot his load early?

In fact, Alonso now a second a lap slower than Vettel and Massa, complete epic fail?

navanman

Jesus, Alonso tyres are wrecked after only 2 laps behind Vettel.

Over-taking looking immpossible this year.

Oh, Ferrari saving fuel, Vettel has the race.

Stop It

Oh lord, Massa told to save fuel and heat (remember last year?).

The Ferraris, are they fast for 3/4 of a race only before exploding? As I say that, Vettels car fails, fuck. Sounds OK in sector 2 however, what is going on, engine blip?

Yep, running on 7? The car is fine but the engine is in severe trouble. Renault reliability failing yet again?

navanman

Oh dear, Alonso going to win..

Can Hamilton catch him.

WTF Hamilton only 10 seconds behind Alonso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom