• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Hard to tell anything from today with the weather but McLaren look to in better shape than last 2 races and Ferrari look very fast. Same for Renault.

Adamm

2.jpg

Thought was a fantastic photo - so strange to see an F1 car at the side of the road like this :lol

moojito

Gah, working this weekend, so I have to spend all day hiding from televisions and news sites until I get back home and can see the race on the iplayer.

navanman

DrM said:
RBR sandbagging as always
I think Alonso has this race in the bag if it's dry. If it's a wet race though it's anyone's race. The right strategy and ability to not fuck up will determine the Winn on Sunday afternoon.

moojito

Nay, I think it's time for another red bull self inflicted wound. I predict vettel out, webber coming something like 6th and Button winning if there's more than one stop involved. Podium for Kobayashi and/or Schumacher!

The crystal ball has spoken.

S. L.

hey, i just came back from a two week vacation, have no idea what is going on and hope Vettel wins :lol
over and out

Seanspeed

Banned
navanman said:
I think Alonso has this race in the bag if it's dry. If it's a wet race though it's anyone's race. The right strategy and ability to not fuck up will determine the Winn on Sunday afternoon.
I dont think we've seen any sort of straight comparison enough to say what the hell is going to happen.

I still think Mclaren should be very strong here, possibly even a bit dominant, as they're very quick in S1 and 3, yet since they're running a lot of wing compared to most, they should also be decent in S2 and if its wet.

I hope you're right, though, cuz I'd love to see Alonso win. He's never had a really good result here.

Jinjo

If it rains, Button will take it. Just like the other two wet races. It's about time he gets another win. McLaren will be stronger this weekend. This track suits the car. Other than that, it's Ferrari vs. Red Bull and I think Ferrari will be stronger here. Monza too. These will be a difficult two races for RBR.

navanman

ARGHH Can't find a stream for FP3!!

Hamilton looking good, decent time in S2, again so far along with Kubica.
Its going to rain soon..

Edit:
RBR show their hand and Webber goes quickest.
Vettel on old engine for this race, saving new one for end of season.

navanman

Vettel breaks down in the pit-lane, pushed back by marshalls.

Some people are saying that the RBR wing isn't anywhere near as close to the ground as it was in last 2 races. Maybe they did have to change something but haven't admitted what it was.

navanman

Its raining now, session is over for getting useful running.
Some good running and times for Hamilton this morning, he is using the old front wing from Silverstone.

navanman

If Vettel needs an engine or gearbox change now, he could be in trouble.
He will get a penalty as race engine/gearbox has to be fitted by FP3.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
No need for new engine:

The minor problem surrounding Vettel's car appears to be solved. The German heads out for some wet running.

navanman

Going to be a very interesting qualifying.
How do you set up the car for the race tomorrow not knowing what the weather will be like and also get a good grid spot in qualifying?

navanman

DrM said:
It is raining now at Spa

Cool, unlikely it will be a dry track then for qualifying so.
Put more wing on car to get more grip in wet but risk been overtaken on the 2 mega long straights or risk flying off the track with lower downforce.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Yes, still raining. Light rain right now, but intense showers are appearing north and west from the racetrack, so we will get more rain :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom