• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterion

Mclaren new champs of sandbagging? Given how good the car is now on high downforce tracks, I'm confident we'll win the WDC.

navanman said:
Vettel will take out Alonso in the first corner.
A man can dream. :D

Lucius86

Banned
navanman said:
Vettel will take out Alonso in the first corner.

Well he will probably swipe over and try and cut Alonso up.

Webber needs to get the jump on the maccas - I can see something happening with him.

Pterion

Lucius86 said:
Well he will probably swipe over and try and cut Alonso up.

Webber needs to get the jump on the maccas - I can see something happening with him.
Webber has had some of the worst starts this year. Forget it...

S. L.

Leonsito said:
The three best drivers on the first three positions.

Tomorrow start is going to be fun.
i think it will be Alonso - Hamilton - Vettel after the first corner.
Vettel is on the dirty side plus the RB isn't a good starter.
Unless Hamilton jumpstarts Alonso and Vettel sneaks trough while these two fight it out

Leonsito

Webber is the worst driver of the top five imo, he has been the luckiest driver of all this season, when everyone is at their top he is nowhere close to their level.

Pterion

Leonsito said:
Webber is the worst driver of the top five imo, he has been the luckiest driver of all this season, when everyone is at their top he is nowhere close to their level.
Watched spain GP this year?

Leonsito

Pterion said:
Watched spain GP this year?

Yeah, a great performance by him, but I'm talking about the whole season, even Massa put a great show in a couple of circuits and that doesn't grant him a place among the best drivers of the year.

Edit: Just to clarify, I don't hate Webber, I would be happy if he wins the WDC, he has taken of the opportunities he had this year and make few mistakes, but when everything runs normal he seems to be slowest of the top five.

Lince

Banned
wtf Webber so much off the pace tonight... here's hoping something happens at turn #1 and he regains some positions back.

Lince said:
wtf Webber so much off the pace tonight... here's hoping something happens at turn #1 and he regains some positions back.

Maybe now that the Mclaren and Ferrari are on pace with the Red Bull driver skill is playing more into account.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Hm, Lewis could overtake Alonso if he repeats start from Monza.
Also time gap from the leading three to Button and Webber points in the next direction - they are on wet setup

also, some rain would be godly :D

Leunam

Well with Massa in P24 it at least gives us something to watch at the back of the pack.

Good show by Alonso. Not so good for Webber. Wonder what happened there.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Wax Free Vanilla said:
nice job by klien.

senna is done for in f1.

Klein embarrassed Senna, totally embarrassed him. The guy hasn't driven a full F1 weekend since 2006 with only limited testing runs between that and jumps into the team and outpaces his team mate by more than a second who has had all season in the car.

Lucius86

Banned
navanman said:
Klein embarrassed Senna, totally embarrassed him. The guy hasn't driven a full F1 weekend since 2006 with only limited testing runs between that and jumps into the team and outpaces his team mate by more than a second who has had all season in the car.

A pretty resounding failure by Senna.

Dead Man

navanman said:
Pretty much, glad to see my initial dislike of Senna has been back up by some data. :D

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Leunam said:
Well with Massa in P24 it at least gives us something to watch at the back of the pack.
yeah, potential for destruction. Or maybe Felipe will start from the pits.
Rain or no rain, we will see atleast one safety car

Chris R

I'd start from the pits tbh. Make sure you survive the first corner and then pick the slow dudes off one by one. That or he tries to pass 3-4 cars on the start only to be collected into a big ass pile up in the first corner complex.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
navanman said:
Looks like no rain, dammit. Going to be a boring race then.
yeah, i am sad, i wanted rain :(

but you never know what will happen...maybe Mercedes or Ferrari engine blow up? RBR brakes gone?

Wes

venison crêpe
That was a nice little bit about Christian Horner's day at a race weekend. I love the behind the scenes stuff.

spoon!

Juicy Bob said:
"Lewis doesn't like to talk to media before the race, wish him luck for us."

"What?"

They fired up the engine on the macca just as he asked the question :lol

Rosberg giving Martin shit :lol :lol

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Juicy Bob said:
"Lewis doesn't like to talk to media before the race, wish him luck for us."

"What?"
No, heh.

Anyway, this is really a race of attirtion, something that should play into the hands of the uber-fir Webber and Button who seem to do triathlons for fun. Aside from that, the first corner is even more crucial than usual considering the lack of passing spots and Sebastian "I like crashing things" Vettel and Fernando "I hate everyone" Alonso are going to be meeting at the first corner.

I predict a Alonso win, hoping for a Button one.

megateto

Fuck, water leak in Alguersuari's cooling system has left him out of the pit lane. His best position gone shit for this. Poor guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom