• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three more races, assuming Whiting blesses Korea. C'mon Mark, wrap this thing up.

There should be an honorary podium for Kobayashi. Fearless. Like the final two races of last year.

Pachael

Mark's terrible starts will come back to haunt him. That and Chris' (not obvious) preference means he'll probably be the hard-luck story again.

S. L.

Pachael said:
Mark's terrible starts will come back to haunt him. That and Chris' (not obvious) preference means he'll probably be the hard-luck story again.
i thought it's more of a Newey preference than Horner

Shaneus

Pachael said:
Ugh, I agree. He really, really fucking needs to work on them.

Praying for at least one more Webber victory... that should seal it. Korea should be interesting.

Juicy Bob

Did Sauber mess up the tyres for Kobayashi?
kobtyre.jpg

Chris R

Juicy Bob said:
Did Sauber mess up the tyres for Kobayashi?
I saw that too, but I think the paint just rubbed off after the contact. Would suck if they did put a wrong tire on as that would be a big penalty :(

Chris R

Lince said:
pretty boring GP except for Kobayashi, this kid is going places
You are right on the going places bit. What are the odds he is kicked off Sauber and ends up being a 3rd driver at some other team due to the new money :(

S. L.

rhfb said:
You are right on the going places bit. What are the odds he is kicked off Sauber and ends up being a 3rd driver at some other team due to the new money :(
low

he has his contract for next year and Sauber seems pretty committed to Kobayashi

Deadman

Couldn't sleep so i ended up watching both qualifying and the race. Quite tired. It was nice of kobayashi to provide lots of entertainment though.

Adamm

I would love to see Kobayashi in a fast car - He could get from 24th to first in one lap :D

I think his secret is that he doesn't believe in physics

Missed qualify because of the delay and it being on too early in the morning, I love Suzuka circuit so I hope for a good race today.

*edit* forgot this is a repeat from earlier, so keeping out the thread for now.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Petrov punished, 5 grid penalty

But no penalty for Massa's torpedo run in the first corner

Also, no penalty for Korea if Hamilton replaces his gearbox again. Dunno why.

Seanspeed

Banned
DrM said:
Also, no penalty for Korea if Hamilton replaces his gearbox again. Dunno why.
If a gearbox is replaced during a weekend, it only needs to last for that race. They can then put a new one in for the next race that will begin its 4 race mandatory lifetime.

Strange rule, but there it is.

Another bad start for Webber. Shows how great the RB6 is when it can negate Webber's choking the past few weeks.

Vettel as expected. Pole. Rocket away. Win

Alonso. Ferrari was slower on the Soft but was closer on the harder tires but still not enough.

Britprog

DieH@rd said:
Gearbox changes between races are not penalized. He can change entire engine if he wants.

No you can't change gearboxes every race, they have to last four races!!!

Hamilton incurred a five-place penalty for today's race after replacing the gearbox he used in Singapore for a fresh unit. However, because he used a replacement 'box for the race, a clause in the regulations allows Hamilton to begin a new four-race gearbox cycle in Korea, meaning he will start the weekend with a brand new unit.

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/355364/No_gearbox_penalty_for_Hamilton_in_Korea/

I think it means if you use a backup gearbox in the race (incurring an penalty) and it conks out on you, you get a free change in the next race.

I guess Lewis was using the gearbox that he crash in fp1 on Friday, thats why he had an issue today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom