• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Well done Vettel, well done RBR, Webber, you better get off your arse son.

Great drive from Hamilton and Alonso, pretty good race all in all, I think mainly due to the crazy qualy though.

Jinjo

Massa will lead the WDC now. How about that?:lol

Anyway I think it was the missing gear. Got caught out by his failed overtake, shifted down maybe a bit too fast. Engine gone.

Damn fucking finger of Vettel again. Red Bull getting their cars to the finish for once.

Pimpwerx

Good win for Vettel and RBR. Finally made it to the end. Outstanding race for Sutil, to hold off an outstanding drive from Lewis. Rosberg gets a podium doing nothing, and Kubica made another high-scoring cameo. I'm sleepy and going to bed....BUT

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20585852&postcount=1787

I think I cleaned house in the fantasy league. Hopefully Liuzzi's retirement doesn't kill FI too much, but everything else looks good. I Unfortunately, dswii60 was reading my mind and picked the same. I think I'll be #2 behind him in the GAF league.

Another great race weekend, boys. Something still needs to be done about overtaking, but as long as they don't penalize Lewis Hamilton too much, we'll have some entertainment each race. G'night. PEACE.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Hard not to love Vettel.

Feel bad for Alonso.. drove the shit out of his car and just pushed too hard at the end.

Good race by really all 4 of the big guns that started at the back of the pack.

My boy Massa with the WDC lead

jey_16

Banned
Alonso.....noooo. I think the failed overtake killed the engine, should have just settled

congrats to Vettel....if the Red Bulls have reliability, i think they will waltz away

Awesome Vettel. So relieved that the car made it to the finish line.

Funny conversation between Vettel and Rosberg in german. I try to translate:

Rosberg: Did you also sweat so much?
Vettel: Yeah for the last two hours.
Rosberg: I felt so shit. Also had a diarhea this weekend.
Vettel: I better don't shake your hand then.

Acidote

Alonso just said that his car was broken almost since the very beggining, I can't translate it well enough. He also said that it was the hardest race of his career due to this problems. Had to brake in a very weird and difficult way.

DSWii60

Pimpwerx said:
I think I cleaned house in the fantasy league. Hopefully Liuzzi's retirement doesn't kill FI too much, but everything else looks good. I Unfortunately, dswii60 was reading my mind and picked the same. I think I'll be #2 behind him in the GAF league.

:lol, Other way round mate. Though I had Chandhok instead of Senna and different fuel I think.

Was hoping for a wet race, would have made the race more interesting. The race was ok, but it would have been a complete procession had it not been for the Ferraris and McLarens qualifying cock-ups. Red Bull will win both championships if they can improve their reliability. Vettel should have won all 3 races so far.

Road

Vettel finally gets his win! Bad luck for Alonso. Hamilton impressive as usual. Massa finally doing something, anything. Great race, and there was no rain!

Look at the current standings:

1 - Massa - 39
2 - Alonso - 37
2 - Vettel - 37
4 - Button - 35
5 - Rosberg - 35
6 - Hamilton - 31
7 - Kubica - 30

So promising.

Now a two weeks wait. Meh...

Lince

Banned
Acidote said:
Alonso just said that his car was broken almost since the very beggining, I can't translate it well enough. He also said that it was the hardest race of his career due to this problems. Had to brake in a very weird and difficult way.

I'm not sure but I believe he said the clutch broke during the formation lap so he was "improvising" through every corner as the car was almost impossible to drive, excuses? I mean, he posted the fastest lap of the race (or one of the fastest).

Chris R

Great start and middle of the race followed by a boring horrible final third. I doubt forcing a second stop would do much :/

Lucius86

Banned
Super Sutil in 5th - good haulage of points there for me!!

A pretty good race in all - just a shame the fight at the top was not so entertaining.

Driver of the day for me goes to Hamilton. Some gutsy overtaking there, made the race much more exciting.

How the hell is Massa leading the championship? :lol fair play, he's there!!

Roll on race 4!

S. L.

rhfb said:
Great start and middle of the race followed by a boring horrible final third. I doubt forcing a second stop would do much :/
yeah, if it weren't for Ferrari and Mcl being at the very back, it would have been an quite boring race i think

DarkJC

Lince said:
I'm not sure but I believe he said the clutch broke during the formation lap so he was "improvising" through every corner as the car was almost impossible to drive, excuses? I mean, he posted the fastest lap of the race (or one of the fastest).

He definitely had problems downshifting.

Dead Man

S. L. said:
yeah, if it weren't for Ferrari and Mcl being at the very back, it would have been an quite boring race i think
Same. I think the FIA need to look very hard at the technical regs this year, and do something very brave for next year and overhaul them completely.

TylerD

Yes! Red Bull brought it home. Congrats to Nico on his podium. The races could all be processional but you could still end up with a close championship race just as long as Red Bull has intermittent reliability issues :lol . 16 more races to go!

Lince

Banned
DarkJC said:
He definitely had problems downshifting.

Alonso just said that given the circumstances (couldn't make right use of the gears) the engine wasn't probably going to last much, that's why he stayed behind Massa but on the other hand he didn't keep his usual cool behind the Macca... it was only a point at stake after all.

Drivers of the day

- Alguersuari
- Vettel
- Kubica
- Hamilton
- Massa

Road

rhfb said:
Disagree.

Up until the very end we had Alonso and Button not knowing what would happen (kinda haha), a placement that could keep Alonso atop the championship. That's hardly the final third, let alone boring. Maybe if you were rooting for Schumacher or something, I guess.

S. L. said:
yeah, if nothing happened, it would have been a quite boring race

Well done Massa, keep shuting the haters up. If he was the one over reving the Ferrari like Alonso did, people would be all over him for being an idiot. In the end he drove with his head and manage to get a few points.

Still, things are not looking good. The reality is that Vettel should have 75 points by now. Once they figure their car out, it's gonna be a boring season if your not German, unless Ferrari can step up a bit.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
seattle6418 said:
Well done Massa, keep shuting the haters up. If he was the one over reving the Ferrari like Alonso did, people would be all over him for being an idiot. In the end he drove with his head and manage to get a few points.

Still, things are not looking good. The reality is that Vettel should have 75 points by now. Once they figure their car out, it's gonna be a boring season if your not German, unless Ferrari can step up a bit.

I think it will even up between the top 3 teams with them all adding the bits to their cars they each doesn't have at the moment.
Its very important that RBR score as many points as possible before the Euro season begins in full.

RBR are like Brawn last year but with poor reliability. They scored so well at start of year before rest of teams got their shit together that they won on that basis.

I know its early in the season yet, but RBR have blown their chance at pulling a Brawn and will be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom