• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajim

See the Melbourne Formula 1 poster around the city? They've gone trendy and nonsensical and used huged fucking black and red triangles in out of space to represent F1 and advertise it.

So fucking stupid.

skybaby

71770373.jpg

Dibbz

Force india are doing suprisingly well in practice.

So is everyone going to use this thread from now on? People are still positing in the Motorsport thread and it's a hassle to keep going back and forwards.

Pimpwerx

I made the stupid mistake of staying up for FP1 (thinking there would be a lot of action for the first race), and seeing absolutely nothing. Shoulda went to sleep early to catch FP2. Anyway, I got it on the DVR. I'll watch it after work. PEACE.

moojito

I caught a bit of the practice this afternoon, but there wasn't anything of interest going on. The commentators were saying that a lot of the practice will still be testing out the pace and tyre degradation at high fuel loads, so we're unlikely to get progressively faster times as the day goes on.

You would think that it would be possible to tell who was out on a full tank judging by the times and then see how they all compare to one another on their first few laps. That'd be quite interesting to see.

moojito

Might be worth clarifying for folk that missed it before:

The main motorsport megathread is for discussing all motorsport including F1 between races (things like team news, rumours about drivers, that kind of thing).
This f1 thread is for the stuff that goes on during a race weekend (which normally is pages of "omg did you see that pass?!")

moojito

Yeah, there definitely should be some kind of baseline teams have to manage, I think.
I reckon new teams should be exempt from the testing ban, as well. If we see these teams start doing reasonably well 6 races in, that'll be a strong indication of that.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
so Mercedes, Maclaren, Ferrari and Force India? With Rosberg destroying Schumi twice?!

This season is off to an awesome start.

shagg_187 said:
Booked my tickets for Montreal, Bitches!! :D

Me too, this will be my fourth year in a row (obviously not last year). I am so god damn excited for this season. Just reading Schumachers hilariously well articulated interviews, but not quite right usage of English takes me back. And Secret Diary of Schumacher is back on planetf1.com too. Ahhhh so stoked.

Where do you sit in Montreal? We sit on the out side exit of the hairpin grand stand. We had a rather horrifying view of Kubica's accident :(

zaxor0

Kubica did good! He's who I wanted on my fantasy team. I think he has got talent.
edit: Well at least on the first free practice, I didn't see the other times.

Pimpwerx

dejan said:
Ha! Webber is a trip. But it makes complete sense. No shame in aping the competition. It seems to be working for straightline.

Also, I hope Schuey's laptimes are from random setup programs, and not because he's off Nico's pace. He was strong all winter anyway. Saturday practice will be when we see the first real signs of pace. PEACE.

EDIT: Just FYI, depending on how long Sat. practice is (I think it's 1 hour), you'll have one hour after practice ends to select your team for the weekend. I believe the rules state that you must have one of each item, so everyone gets to ride the Virgin/Hispania this weekend. :D

kikanny

Question for my fellow Canadians. Right now I see that the race on Sunday is at 8 am EST. But what about after the daylight savings time on sunday? Should I wake up at 7 or 8 or 9? Also is Speed going to broadcast the race? I always got the blackout message last season from Speed.

Momo

Banned
Goldrusher said:
The other teams have over 5000km of testing mileage, HRT none.

They're doing alright.

http://www.hispaniaf1team.com/images/phocagallery/R1_Bahrain/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_d10brn1154.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
No, they are not, an untested, untried car at a GP? give me a break, thats not doing alright. It's a farce, they should have had their house in order to at least make it to the tests first.

S. L.

Momo said:
No, they are not, an untested, untried car at a GP? give me a break, thats not doing alright. It's a farce, they should have had their house in order to at least make it to the tests first.
the car seemed to work alright (albeit slow)
look at Virgin, now that's a rolling technical problem :lol

Flo_Evans said:
Signed up for the fantasy F1 league... team is crap but from the available $$$ I would guess everyone is.
:lol
I reckon we're all going to bomb for the first race, but once everyone's cashflow increases we'll start to see big improvements.

S. L.

setting up the team for tomorrow is quite difficult when you try to make a team where the second driver isn't a guaranteed DNF.
expecting that none of the HIS cars will finish and i am pretty doubtful of Virgin too.

DarkJediKnight said:
Where do I find the Neogaf league? I don't see it in any list. And wow that site is slow as hell.
Go to change subleague under the edit profile option, and type NeoGaf into the private subleague box, and then the password "gaffers" into the box below it.

TylerD

shagg_187 said:
Booked my tickets for Montreal, Bitches!! :D

gutterboy44 said:
Where do you sit in Montreal? We sit on the out side exit of the hairpin grand stand. We had a rather horrifying view of Kubica's accident :(

Awesome! I am at the entrance of the hairpin. I know there might be a few other Gaffers attending the race as well. We should all try to meet up for dinner and drinks. I am flying in from Oklahoma and staying 7 days departing and returning on Tuesday.

Aegus

Welps. Looks my f1 team is only going to have 1 driver for qualifying! And he's 12 seconds off the pace!:lol

Momo said:
The wheels are coming off for virgin :lol
:lol It's not nice to laugh at the less fortunate Momo! Car went one direction, the wheel another. Dear god.

That Turn 6 complex is such BS. Horrible. Whoever designed it should be placed in solitary confinement in Siberia.

Aegus said:
Welps. Looks my f1 team is only going to have 1 driver for qualifying! And he's 12 seconds off the pace!:lol
You still have time to change it. Drivers score more points than the other categories, so for max points choose a lesser chassis and engine in order to get a decent enough set of drivers.

Aegus

wonderkins said:
:lol It's not nice to laugh at the less fortunate Momo! Car went one direction, the wheel another. Dear god.

That Turn 6 complex is such BS. Horrible. Whoever designed it should be placed in solitary confinement in Siberia.

You still have time to change it. Drivers score more points than the other categories, so for max points choose a lesser chassis and engine in order to get a decent enough set of drivers.

Yeah I've done a major rejig just now.

Qualifying runs now.:D

Momo

Banned
I'm glad that wheel didnt hit anyone, but Virgin and HRT just makes me lol so much :lol

Speaking of HRT, I see Bruno is going around, I wish him luck, he certainly deserves better than the fate he currently has.

Yeah, Karun as well. Autosport is saying he won't be allowed to attempt qualifying. Has to be gutting. He and Bruno are both good drivers in a not-at-all good chassis.

FP3
Code:
[B]Pos  Driver         Team                     Time               Laps[/B]

1.  Alonso         Ferrari                  1:54.099            14
 2.  Rosberg        Mercedes                 1:54.368  + 0.269   13
 3.  Webber         Red Bull-Renault         1:54.500  + 0.401   15
 4.  Schumacher     Mercedes                 1:54.533  + 0.434   13
 5.  Vettel         Red Bull-Renault         1:54.646  + 0.547   16
 6.  Massa          Ferrari                  1:54.739  + 0.640   14
 7.  Button         McLaren-Mercedes         1:55.000  + 0.901   14
 8.  Kubica         Renault                  1:55.331  + 1.232   15
 9.  Liuzzi         Force India-Mercedes     1:55.432  + 1.333   11
10.  Hulkenberg     Williams-Cosworth        1:55.461  + 1.362   13
11.  Sutil          Force India-Mercedes     1:55.521  + 1.422   13
12.  Hamilton       McLaren-Mercedes         1:55.860  + 1.761    8
13.  de la Rosa     Sauber-Ferrari           1:56.063  + 1.964   14
14.  Barrichello    Williams-Cosworth        1:56.259  + 2.160   15
15.  Buemi          Toro Rosso-Ferrari       1:56.295  + 2.196   17
16.  Alguersuari    Toro Rosso-Ferrari       1:56.504  + 2.405   16
17.  Kobayashi      Sauber-Ferrari           1:56.530  + 2.431   13
18.  Petrov         Renault                  1:56.811  + 2.712   16
19.  Glock          Virgin-Cosworth          1:59.173  + 5.074   10
20.  Kovalainen     Lotus-Cosworth           1:59.789  + 5.690   15
21.  Trulli         Lotus-Cosworth           2:01.259  + 7.160    5
22.  Senna          HRT-Cosworth             2:04.001  + 9.902   11
23.  di Grassi      Virgin-Cosworth                               2
24.  Chandhok       HRT-Cosworth

Frawdder

Is this a better indication of the speeds or will we have to wait until qualifying?

Either way, good to see Alonso back at the top.

*goes and changes fantasy team*

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Some guys did low fuel runs but we do not know how heavy they were. Oh and Hamilton missed last 20 minutes of FP3 - left brake duct problem

DieH@rd

Banned
Frawdder said:
Is this a better indication of the speeds or will we have to wait until qualifying?

Either way, good to see Alonso back at the top.

*goes and changes fantasy team*

1. I haz no money for that T_T
2. manager site is uuuber slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom