• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frawdder said:
Is this a better indication of the speeds or will we have to wait until qualifying?

Either way, good to see Alonso back at the top.

*goes and changes fantasy team*
Qualifying will definitely give us the best indication of one lap pace, but I'd wait until post-race to deduce who the fastest team over a race distance is.

Goldrusher

DieH@rd said:
1. I haz no money for that T_T
2. manager site is uuuber slow
You're too late anyway. IIRC you can only change your team up to 1 hour before qualifying.
Qualifying is in 45 mins.

Can't wait for qualifying. Finally we're back to proper low-fuel runs.

Dead Man

Does anyone have a stream for Qualy? I think the local coverage is going to be live but missing the first session and with more ad breaks than coverage if last year is anything to go by.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Goldrusher said:
You're too late anyway. IIRC you can only change your team up to 1 hour before qualifying.
Qualifying is in 45 mins.

Can't wait for qualifying. Finally we're back to proper low-fuel runs.

still open for 40 minutes.

as for drivers earning more points - well yes, but an engine/chassis covers two cars so more chance of scoring?

TylerD

After practice 3 it took me about 10 minutes just to get to the F1 manager site and get to my team page.

I am going with... Introducing the Bahrain lineup for Tyler D Vetmacher GP

Liuzzi - Driver 1
Di Grassi - Driver 2
Chassis - Force India
Engine - Lotus Cosworth
Fuel - HRT

Bet:

P1: Alonso
P2: Vettel
P3: Webber
Pole: Alonso
First Out: Senna
Barrichello will not score more than 1 pt.
Force India will score points.
Schumacher will not qualify in the top 3.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
subzero9285 said:
Qualifying will definitely give us the best indication of one lap pace, but I'd wait until post-race to deduce who the fastest team over a race distance is.
Yep, if you want to have a good laugh, check Autosport forums. Ferrari fans are already celebrating victory, because one genious read from FP1 timesheets that they are 1,5 seconds per lap faster than the rest of the field :lol

oh and i survived my skiing trip without injuries. :D

Goldrusher

The Kramerica Goldrusher GP Team will be unveiled once qualifying is underway.

As for bets...

1st: Alonso
2nd: Massa
3rd: Schumacher
pole: Alonso
first out: di Grassi
Schumacher qualifying in top 3 ? no
Force India score points ? yes
Barrichello more than 1 point ? yes

Aegus

DrM said:
Yep, if you want to have a good laugh, check Autosport forums. Ferrari fans are already celebrating victory, because one genious read from FP1 timesheets that they are 1,5 seconds per lap faster than the rest of the field :lol

oh and i survived my skiing trip without injuries. :D

Autosport forums are the macrumours of the motoring world.

Frawdder

subzero9285 said:
Good point.

I guess teams are still holding some cards close to their chest and are waiting for the last possible moment to show them.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
So are we splitting from the Motor racing megathread this year? Ah well, I'll go wherever F1 goes.

Anyway, I am going to be using Twitter as much as GAF for my random musings (particularly because it is almost real-time) and have a multi monitor setup so I can watch the TV coverage AND the F1 Live Tming screen all at once.

So, in true idiot style that I am known for here, here is my expectations for Qualifying today:
I'm calling Webber for pole, Alonso 2nd, Vettel 3rd, Hamilton 4th, Schumacher 5th, Massa 6th Button 7th, Rosberg 8th. Trulli or Glock to be fastest of the "newbies".

My Twitter, please follow as I will be conducting a blow-by-blow commentary for as many sessions (Practice, Quali and races) as possible: http://twitter.com/StopItRawr

20 minutes to go, I cannot wait!

Did I miss anything for the first 10 minutes that was important about the new rules or anything? out electricity went out this morning and I had to quickly leg it to the local store to charge the meter key :lol

Woo for another F1 season! lot's of excitement for me this season, shumie is back, different rules, hope hamilton does well and the same to button.

Dead Man

Stop It said:
So are we splitting from the Motor racing megathread this year? Ah well, I'll go wherever F1 goes.

Anyway, I am going to be using Twitter as much as GAF for my random musings (particularly because it is almost real-time) and have a multi monitor setup so I can watch the TV coverage AND the F1 Live Tming screen all at once.

So, in true idiot style that I am known for here, here is my expectations for Qualifying today:
I'm calling Webber for pole, Alonso 2nd, Vettel 3rd, Hamilton 4th, Schumacher 5th, Massa 6th Button 7th, Rosberg 8th. Trulli or Glock to be fastest of the "newbies".

My Twitter, please follow as I will be conducting a blow-by-blow commentary for as many sessions (Practice, Quali and races) as possible: http://twitter.com/StopItRawr

20 minutes to go, I cannot wait!
I've been looking forward to your race comments!

Stop It

Diablohead said:
Did I miss anything for the first 10 minutes that was important about the new rules or anything? out electricity went out this morning and I had to quickly leg it to the local store to charge the meter key :lol

Woo for another F1 season! lot's of excitement for me this season, shumie is back, different rules, hope hamilton does well and the same to button.
Not really, the build up on the BBC is more on the drivers/teams this year, so if you know F1, you're not missing anything.

I expect the BBC to go over the new regs tomorrow before the race, but we all know them off by heart by now surely.
idahoblue said:
I've been looking forward to your race comments!
Ok, that IS worrying, I've avoided the build up to the season because I didn't want to pre-judge this year. All I will say is that the top 4 look quick, and the RBR is the team to beat going by the testing, that is all.

Stop It

subzero9285 said:
Article 31.2 of the sporting regulations states;
Yep, the Qualifying session counts as a "practice" session as per FIA rules, so Chandhok is clear for the race as long as he completes 3 laps this afternoon.

On the subject of the new teams, I think Lotus and Virgin are very close, especially Glock has been as fast as the Lotus drivers, so that battle will be fun, as for HRT? Hilarious "Racing" Technology?
subzero9285 said:
Qualifying counts as a practice session, according to the FIA.
Yep, the Qualifying is only a practice for the race after all, the only difference is the times count towards the grid.

Stop It said:
Not really, the build up on the BBC is more on the drivers/teams this year, so if you know F1, you're not missing anything.

I expect the BBC to go over the new regs tomorrow before the race, but we all know them off by heart by now surely.

Ok, that IS worrying, I've avoided the build up to the season because I didn't want to pre-judge this year. All I will say is that the top 4 look quick, and the RBR is the team to beat going by the testing, that is all.
I only really follow F1 when it's on so people like me need rule recapping :D think I will go read it up if bbc are not showing stuff about it today.

Dead Man

Stop It said:

LOL, I just enjoyed your enthusiasm for the racing! Made me feel better about my crazy strategy calls. :D

Goldrusher

Kramerica Goldrusher GP Team

driver 1: Trulli
driver 2: Senna
chassis: Torro Rosso
engine: Force India
fuel: Shell (Ferrari & Toro Rosso)

Stop It

idahoblue said:
LOL, I just enjoyed your enthusiasm for the racing! Made me feel better about my crazy strategy calls. :D
Fair enough, I always enjoyed the debate here, as it covered a wide spectrum of opinions and fans, which is always awesome.

Anyway, the new bits of the Bahrain track look....bad but at least they've added some colour to it. Q1 is mere minutes away, GO VETTEL, GO BUTTON, GO HAMILTON! Good luck to Virgin and Lotus too, and welcome to F1.
Goldrusher said:
Kramerica Goldrusher GP Team

driver 1: Trulli
driver 2: Senna
chassis: Torro Rosso
engine: Force India
fuel: Shell (Ferrari & Toro Rosso)
Good idea

Team Stop It Racing Developments:
Driver 1: Vettel
Driver 2: Button
Chassis: Red Bull
Engine: Cosworth
|Fuel: BP :p

Stop It

TylerD said:
Think any more bits of cars will fall off during qualifying?
I would pay vast sums to see Alonso car fall off of him during Quali, does that count?

Realistically? Wings, one will fall, and maybe not from a new team either.

Stop It

The cars are circulating at about 1:55.5 onwards, much slower than this morning. Massa dips into 1:55.313 but still, nothing earth shattering.

Stop It

It's the calm before...well not much really.

This year Q1 will be literally getting rid of the new teams and one unlucky established driver, so the amount of effort needed by the big guns to get to Q2 is....nil. Something of an underwhelming first session. Q2 will be epic though.

Both RBR cars nearing the 1:55.00 barrier.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Damn, I was sleeping in and missed the last practice session and chance to make last minute change to my team.

HRT are a joke and shouldn't be allowed to race. Its frankly dangerous to have them on track as the other teams today and tomorrow.

Stop It

S. L. said:
Ah i made the right choice with Sutil for my Team :D :D
He is a fast driver, fast into a wall/another driver at times but he is very fast.

Sutil sets a fastest Sector 1 time, that Force India...faster than it has any right to be, ever. Glock the fastest "newbie" driver. Sutil ends up 3rd? WOW! The race to avoid being 18th hots up. De La Rosa currently on the bubble.

Edit: No, make that Alguersuari, severely boned.

Brundle, stop calling the pace of the cars from Q1 you idiot.
Mush said:
Kobayashi :(
He's fine, for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom