• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegus

I'm actually impressed that HRT are able to get that close to the other new teams considering the difference in preparation time.

Dead Man

They really need to bring back the 107% rule. I know it was discussed in the other thread, but this is pretty unsafe if they are 20kph slower in the middle section.

I swear the constant rule changes and janky ass new rules in F1 really makes you scratch your head. They are confusing and stupid. Top ten have to use qualifying tires but all others can use fresh tires? Why? No more refueling during races? Why the hell not?

Also, Bahrain is such an ugly track to have a season opener on.

And please surprise us PD with 2010 F1 cars in GT5.

Might just be how wide the track is but you can really feel the cars accelerating slower, shaking all over the place due to weight, completely different beasts.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Getting sick of the ads on Australian TV coverage and the season has barely started. They use the BBC commentary so why not just leave it on you daft pricks?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
dejan said:
Anyone saw which tires Alonso used on his last run?
If he wasn't using the harder tyres he was doing it wrong.

Anyway, Q2 will see the cars FINALLY hit 1:53, and will reveal just who is fast, and who isn't. Epic, this session will be it.

Dead Man

speedpop said:
Getting sick of the ads on Australian TV coverage and the season has barely started. They use the BBC commentary so why not just leave it on you daft pricks?
Maybe they heard you! They are so irritating though. They are paying for the damn coverage, use the commentary.

Stop It

speedpop said:
:lol fuck me the onboard with Vettel and those bumps.
Yep, that new section will be MURDER on the tyres, especially to the harsher drivers.

Vettel sets a 1:54.035, showing how Q1 analysis was totally useless. Alonso sets a 1:54.265

Stop It

The last gasp showdown in Q2 is about to begin. Will the likes of Schumacher, Barrichello and Button make it to Q3? Epic.

The teams all left it to the last possible second to let the drivers out, a return to the 1 hour quali styles?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I'm suprised at the McLaren. It seems it doesn't have the one lap qualifying pace of the other teams.

how shit is the coverage on one hd / BBC - they dont even show a live top ten, I had no idea who was sitting where as I missed Q1!!!

Stop It

Woah, that was close.

Vettel finally proves that I was right in calling 1:53s for this session with a 1:53.883, Button scrapes into the top 10 too.

The likes of Barrichello, Liuzzi, Hulkenberg, De La Rosa, Buemi, Kobayashi and Petrov all bow out of Q2. Q3 next. Sutil, Kubica and Vettel stars of the show so far, outperforming their team mates by a good margin.

S. L.

oh yeah my team:
Adrian Sutil
Bruno Senna
Force India Chassis
Lotus Cosworth Engine
Sauber Fuel

looking good so far :D

dejan

Surprised Alonso couldn't match his time from earlier this morning, because he even made a small mistake on that lap.

Bobo

S. L. said:
oh yeah my team:
Adrian Sutil
Bruno Senna
Force India Chassis
Lotus Cosworth Engine
Sauber Fuel

My exact same team... Yeah not too bad so far. my bet however, err those Mclarens have me worried heh.

Aegus

S. L. said:
oh yeah my team:
Adrian Sutil
Bruno Senna
Force India Chassis
Lotus Cosworth Engine
Sauber Fuel

I'd be worried if Kimi is seen in the pits. He'll take Sutil out somehow.

rossonero

They really do don't they? (Talking about Force India having a good car)

Finally, the seasons first Q3. Should be a cracker :D

Stop It

Stop It said:
So, in true idiot style that I am known for here, here is my expectations for Qualifying today:
I'm calling Webber for pole, Alonso 2nd, Vettel 3rd, Hamilton 4th, Schumacher 5th, Massa 6th Button 7th, Rosberg 8th. Trulli or Glock to be fastest of the "newbies".

My Twitter, please follow as I will be conducting a blow-by-blow commentary for as many sessions (Practice, Quali and races) as possible: http://twitter.com/StopItRawr
Quoted to see how close I was pre-Q3.... and to push my twitter again as I am a complete tart :D

I think I may have got the wrong RBR car as 1st going by Q2, but then...you never know.
Aegus said:
I'd be worried if Kimi is seen in the pits. He'll take Sutil out somehow.
:lol

Stop It

Wait, the cars are back to 1:55s? Wrong tyres or just...conservation qualifying? This could be huge.

Apparently a tactic is to now even bother with Q3 and get a choice of tyres for the race? That loophole needs to be closed right now, we need to see these cars, this is very bad from a fans POV.

Jenson Button is very slow too, weird. Lap aborted.

Dead Man

Stop It said:
Wait, the cars are back to 1:55s? Wrong tyres or just...conservation qualifying? This could be huge.

Apparently a tactic is to now even bother with Q3 and get a choice of tyres for the race? That loophole needs to be closed right now, we need to see these cars, this is very bad from a fans POV.

Jenson Button is very slow too, weird. Lap aborted.
Yeah, not a fan of the tyre rule. The new timing as pretty average as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom