• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

TylerD said:
I am happy with my Kubica/Buemi team with Force Engine, Lotus chassis and the oh so tasty TOTAL fuel.
Lucky you and all your cash :| I could only afford Buemi/Kobayashi with Force/Torro Rosso/Total :|

Lince

Banned
SC - race over

congrats to Webber, Kubica and Alonso, the rest of the field looked very average, semi-entertaining race.

Chris R

Great beginning to the race with Alonso racing through from the rear. Good middle of the race too, but then the train effect started, and we ended up with another pretty boring final third :(

2011 rules going to do anything about this? Are they even finalized yet? Tire supplier wasn't picked this week.

edit: Bah whatever. Off to bed to try to grab at least a few hours of sleep today. lol SC IN THIS LAP ORLY?

TylerD

Great to see that Karun and Jarno is OK. I guess he gets to keep that position? Jarno made the pass after the crash! :lol

h3ro

Britprog said:
Alonso got done by schimi on the last corner!!!!:lol :lol

Schumi might lose all his points because of that. Can't over take under SC and even though the SC was in, race isn't restarted until you cross the start/finish.

Dumb move.

Dead Man

h3ro said:
Schumi might lose all his points because of that. Can't over take under SC and even though the SC was in, race isn't restarted until you cross the start/finish.

Dumb move.
New rule is the safety car line, not the start/finish line any more.

Frawdder

h3ro said:

Dumb move.
No, they changed it. There is a white line near the entry to pit lane that determines when people can start overtaking.

h3ro said:

Dumb move.

The rule is different this year, there's a separate safety car line before the start/finish line from which you can overtake. I've no idea where that line is in monaco though.

TylerD

So, half the cars retired. The most glamorous race has been the most vicious of the season as well. LOL at Schumi passing Alonso!

kharma45

h3ro said:

Dumb move.

If they're past that white safety car line he can.

Luckyman

Banned
h3ro said:

Dumb move.

check rules dude

legal move

megateto

h3ro said:

Dumb move.

Quick, someone bring the rulebook XD:

Anyway, I almost want the move to be fair, this is about being fast in the car and quick in the mind.

h3ro

Oh shit, forgot about the rule change! :lol

Guess the stewards have to see if Webber had crossed then, if so, Alonso with a brain fart.

jambo

h3ro said:

Dumb move.
The BBC commentators said there was a new 2010 rule that said you don't have to wait for the start/finish line to overtake when the safety car goes in.

Orgun

Hahahahahajha my mate was trying to avoid the result because he's at wembley today and the first pub he walks into has the result on the tv! Can't stop laughing

h3ro

Steve Matchett just said if the race finishes under SC then there may be no positional changes.

He said this overrules the new rule regarding SC position and start/finish line crossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom