• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

h3ro said:
Steve Matchett just said if the race finishes under SC then there may be no positional changes.

He said this overrules the new rule regarding SC position and start/finish line crossing.
But the SC came in...

Britprog

h3ro said:
Steve Matchett just said if the race finishes under SC then there may be no positional changes.

He said this overrules the new rule regarding SC position and start/finish line crossing.

However the race finished under green flags. not SC!!

TylerD

Congrats to Webba!! Red Bull take the lead in both WDC and constructor championships. This was a fun one.

Sucks that SPEED has to go to NASCAR race day...

h3ro

kharma45 said:
BBC talking about rule 40.13, maybe Schumi's pass wasn't legal after all.

Damon may just side on the side of Fernando :p

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Damon calls Schumi into the Stewards room. :lol

Burai

shitonmychest57
The green light is clearly flashing at the point of the safety car line.

Good to see Jake rocking an iPad.

syllogism

"40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking."

So the green lights may have been a mistake

Orgun

syllogism said:
"40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking."

So it was an error by the marshalls? MSC shouldn't be punished for that I think

anyways I hope we get that clarified soonish

kharma45

syllogism said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Schumi will have seen the green light and thought "game on." It'd be harsh to penalise him for it.

h3ro

megateto said:
Does being an Alonso fan counts as tifossi now? :D

I was a Kimi fan who followed him to Ferrari from McLaren that despised Ferrari during the Schumi years. I stayed. :D

The more the merrier.

megateto

Fernando just said that the team told him that overtaking was not allowed, so that's why he didn't expect the attack. He seems pretty sure that Michael will be penalized.

Goldrusher

First double points finish for Force India...

Code:
Pos  Driver        Team                       Time
 1.  Webber        Red Bull-Renault           1h50:00.000
 2.  Vettel        Red Bull-Renault           +     0.448
 3.  Kubica        Renault                    +     1.600
 4.  Massa         Ferrari                    +     2.600
 5.  Hamilton      McLaren-Mercedes           +     4.300
 6.  Schumacher    Mercedes                   +     5.700
 7.  Alonso        Ferrari                    +     6.300
 8.  Rosberg       Mercedes                   +     6.600
 9.  Sutil         Force India-Mercedes       +     6.900
10.  Liuzzi        Force India-Mercedes       +     7.300
11.  Buemi         Toro Rosso-Ferrari         +     8.100
12.  Alguersuari   Toro Rosso-Ferrari         +     9.100
13.  Petrov        Renault                    +    4 laps

Fastest lap: Vettel, 1:15.192

Not classified/retirements:

Driver        Team                         On lap
Chandhok      HRT-Cosworth                 71
Trulli        Lotus-Cosworth               71
Kovalainen    Lotus-Cosworth               59
Senna         HRT-Cosworth                 59
Barrichello   Williams-Cosworth            28
Kobayashi     Sauber-Ferrari               27
Di Grassi     Virgin-Cosworth              26
Glock         Virgin-Cosworth              23
De la Rosa    Sauber-Ferrari               22
Button        McLaren-Mercedes             3
Hulkenberg    Williams-Cosworth            1

World Championship standings, round 6:                

Drivers:                    Constructors:             
 1.  Webber        78        1.  Red Bull-Renault          156
 2.  Vettel        78        2.  Ferrari                   134
 3.  Alonso        73        3.  McLaren-Mercedes          129
 4.  Button        70        4.  Mercedes                   84
 5.  Massa         61        5.  Renault                    65
 6.  Hamilton      59        6.  Force India-Mercedes       27
 7.  Kubica        59        7.  Williams-Cosworth           8
 8.  Rosberg       54        8.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari          3
 9.  Schumacher    30       
10.  Sutil         18       
11.  Liuzzi         9       
12.  Barrichello    7       
13.  Petrov         6       
14.  Alguersuari    3       
15.  Hulkenberg     1       

All timing unofficial

Lince

Banned
Alonso on Spanish TV "I checked with the team and they confirmed overtaking wasn't allowed so I didn't expect that move... so if Schumacher wanted to get a penalty, then good for him !"

:lol :lol

avaya

Don't know how this is going to play out but I think it's likely Michael won't get away with it due to that second rule, only point of contention could be the green light.

Happy with Felipe's performance but the car is almost dog-like.

Webbo is leading the championship! Chuffed to bits for the guy.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes: Look, a green light!
pass1.jpg

Also, Rubens is looking for his steering wheel

Arcticfox

"If the race ends while the safety car is deployed" can be interpreted several ways.

It sounds to me like the rule is talking about when there is a crash that has not been cleaned up on the last lap the safety car will pull off so the finish looks better but the track is still under yellow.

In this case the crash was cleaned up and it was announced that the safety car was coming in exactly like when normally going back to green and the green lights were flashing. In my opinion the race did not "end while the safety car was deployed."

Lince

Banned
with these absurd and somewhat unclear rules it was a silly decision to "restart" the race one turn away from the finish line, it could have ended in a pile-up had Alonso not yielded the position, I hope Schumy keeps 7.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Surely if they intended the race to finish under the safety car, they wouldn't have sent out the message that they were bringing it in (even though it would have come in as per the new rules) and the lights would have stayed yellow?

Goldrusher

Exactly. This race didn't end under a safety car. It ended as a normal race, with the safety car having gone in the pit lane during the final lap resulting in only 1 corner and 1 straight left to actually race.

But if the race was 1 lap longer, there would have been 1 more lap of racing. Not another lap of safety car.

moojito

Aye, clearly what the rule there is saying that if they had intended the race to end under SC, the SC would have come in, but the yellow lights would have stayed on. It seems odd they'd choose to resume the race for one corner, but that's exactly what they did and msc has taken full advantage of it.

Lince

Banned
then Ferrari messed with Alonso when they told him no overtaking allowed, he didn't warm tires thinking it was already over ? oh the drama over a couple of points :lol

Dibbz

lol poor Alonzo. Last corner and Schumi takes him on the inside whilst he's spinning out on the outside trying to stop him. Maybe Damon Hill can come to the rescue but I doubt it. Ross Brawn had printouts man, he ain't gonna let this slip away. :lol

Dead Man

syllogism said:

What the fuck sort of stupid rule is that? Why not leave the SC out? Fucking FIA.

Lince said:
with these absurd and somewhat unclear rules it was a silly decision to "restart" the race one turn away from the finish line, it could have ended in a pile-up had Alonso not yielded the position, I hope Schumy keeps 7.
Exactly. I don't understand why you would bring the SC in if the race was not resuming. It will just lead to confusion, as it has today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom