• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
less than a minute left and the top 3 are out to try and improve their times.

I had Vettel for pole but Webber looks great again.

navanman

So a bit of an anti-climatic Q3 but setup for a great race with Hamilton on the front row.

I'm hyped for tomorrow and Webber is whipping Vettel something great now.

Pterion

navanman said:
So a bit of an anti-climatic Q3 but setup for a great race with Hamilton on the front row.

I'm hyped for tomorrow and Webber is whipping Vettel something great now.
So much for Vettel being the next great thing since sliced bread.

Igo

Why the hell did I go against my better judgement and take Vettel over Webber. Completely screwed my bets. If Webber hadn't lost practice time I would have picked him by default. At least I got the Kubica bet right.

If Hami can get Webber at the start I won't care about the bets though.

navanman

evlcookie said:
So webber on pole again?

Damn son. What have you been eating and drinking!

He has been eating confidence for breakfast and annoying German guy's finger for lunch!!

evlcookie said:
So webber on pole again?

Damn son. What have you been eating and drinking!

Well, this is his final year in contract. It's make it or break it time, because if he doesn't win a championship this year, he probably won't get a car this competitive ever again.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Lewis will probably defend his position, because he starts on a dirty side.

Great stuff from Renault. And they will start on clean side.

Also, serious problems for Ferrari. Maybe F-duct is causing too much problems and they are losing downforce. Alonso even said, that he had his car on the limit in Q2....

navanman

DrM said:
Also, serious problems for Ferrari. Maybe F-duct is causing too much problems and they are losing downforce. Alonso even said, that he had his car on the limit in Q2....

Its not only Ferrari with this issue IMO. None of the other teams has got the system working as well as McLaren, which isn't hard to understand as they designed the car around this piece of technology.

RBR didn't use it today due to loss of downforce, similar issue for Ferrari & Force India also.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
RBR is 0.4 second faster in S2

Webber: 32.0 / 30.0 / 24.1
Hamilton: 31.9 / 30.4 / 23.9
Vettel: 32.1 / 30.0 / 24.6
Button: 32.2 / 30.4 / 24.0
Spinmacher: 32.3 / 30.4 / 24.0
Rosberg: 32.3 / 30.5 / 24.1
Kubica: 32.5 / 30.4 / 24.0
Massa: 32.5 / 30.5 / 23.9

Alonso: 32.6 / 30.6 / 24.1

AcridMeat

Banned
Why didn't I go with my intuition and take Kobayashi, damn it.

Well done to Webber, I wasn't expecting it either and am now a bit frustrated. Glad Hamilton is on front row. Kubi failed me, what a disappointment.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch the race, I really don't want to miss three in a row.

Deadman

DrM said:
Lewis will probably defend his position, because he starts on a dirty side.

From a planet f1 interview with alonso:

However, starting outside the top ten won't be Alonso's only obstacle come Sunday afternoon, he is also on the dirty side of the track.

"We've been practising starts from the clean and the dirty side and saw there's a difference of one position when you start from the dirty side," he said.

"When I crossed the line they told me I was 11th so I thought tomorrow at the start I would gain places, but from 12th I may even lose some positions, so it's going to be difficult.

So yeah lewis will be looking backwards rather than forwards into turn 1.

And so will alonso.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Yeah, Vettel, Spinmacher, Kubica and Petrov are in great position tommorow.

Interesting moment on press conference, big smile from Lewis when they asked him about upcoming upgrades. So he must be well informed what is planned for the next races.

Meanwhile, it seems that Ferrari has some problems with:
(a) regular flow of updates
or
(b) new parts are on the car but they are not bringing results

navanman

A broken rear roll-bar was the cause of Sebastian Vettel's problems in final qualifying for the Turkish Grand Prix, Red Bull Racing has discovered.

Vettel complained of a locking front left brake in the Q3 session - which cost him any chance of beating team-mate Mark Webber to the pole position.

And although it was suspected the issue could be a repeat of the brake problems that he suffered in Spain, investigations by Red Bull Racing have uncovered another part of the car was to blame.

Team principal Christian Horner said: "It looks like it was the roll-bar linkage. With no control over the roll of the car, as soon you turn in the car just rolls over. So he just locked the inside front wheel as it stuck up in the air."

Although parc ferme regulations mean that the team cannot touch the car tonight to make any change, Red Bull will be able to replace any broken parts on Sunday morning.

Horner also said that the set of tyres Vettel will have to start on did not suffer any flat spots when he locked up.

"We cannot see any damage," he said.

More reliability issues.

Chris R

Race starts in 2.5 hours. Don't think I'll be able to stay up though :( so tired and it is already 1:20 am :(

Just going to have to dvr it and watch it along with the GP2 race tomorrow along with the Indy 500 and Coke 600.

satriales

Momo said:
That Schumacher spin made me lol for unknown reasons :lol
It would have been great if Massa had gone past at that moment and given Schumacher a wave, after the opposite happened earlier on in the day. :lol

Igo

Anyone else see that young girl completely break down into utter hysterics when Lewis was signing her thing and giving her a hug. Looked like she managed to sneek in a few kisses too :lol. I've never seen anything that sweet in F1 before.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
navanman said:
But is she good looking?

yeah, they just interviewed her on speed and it seemed that both brain cells were spending most of their time on motor function.

She seemed too far gone on the hot/stupid scale to put up with.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Also, glad they tried to interview Bernie about the US Grand Prix on Speed.

Basically

1) The state agreed to give him money.
2) They were willing to let his boy Tilke design a new course

:lol

Dead Man

StoOgE said:

Basically

2) They were willing to let my boy Tilke design a new course

Not surprised, he is pretty honest about being a greedy shit. :lol

Frawdder

StoOgE said:

Basically

2) They were willing to let his boy Tilke design a new course

Well...shit

Asked about the state of affairs prior to Sunday’s Turkish Grand Prix, the 25-year-old appeared to suggest the Australians were milking the situation.

“I have not paid much attention to it,” he said. “Other people are dealing with it. It is all in the past for me. A fine is a fine but they are loving it at the moment.”

Asked what it was exactly they were loving, he replied: “The publicity. I guess they need it. The country is so far away I guess they don’t get much attention from us.”

And yet, an Australian is on the verge of winning three GPs in a row ahead of him. Poor choice of words, Hamilton. :rolleyes

Pimpwerx

Lewis might want to hang off a bit and let Webber use more tire driving defensively, then pounce again once he's used his tires enough that he can follow closer onto the straight. That's assuming Mark uses his tires before Lewis. PEACE.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Damn that f-duct gives them a good amount of speed on this track. It's just going to be back and forth with these two.

Igo

Tim the Wiz said:
And yet, an Australian is on the verge of winning three GPs in a row ahead of him. Poor choice of words, Hamilton. :rolleyes

Webber has apparently been getting a lot of flak for defending Lewis in Melbourne and calling Australia a Nanny state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom