• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igo

Roxas said:
Probably because he was told to slow the fuck down and save fuel. He's probably presumed they said the same to Jenson. Next thing he knows, Button is up his arse, and he's fighting him off for 1st place.

The team told him it was for both drivers in that same radio conversation. He obviously feels a bit confused and slighted atm. Probably spoilt his win.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
John_B said:
They both received team orders to slow down. All of the sudden Button ignores that and attacks Hamilton. Not entirely fair.

Well it is a race after all. You could argue that Jensons ability to leap without looking has won him previous races this season.

At the end of the day it is a race.

It was freaking Vettel fault. He was going to take the position but he switched way too early to his right and bumped into Webber who obviously wasn't going to put a red carpet.

Anyway, shit happens, the only thing really wrong there is Vettel reaction getting out of the car, that is low-class.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
It was freaking Vettel fault. He was going to take the position but he switched way too early to his right and bumped into Webber who obviously wasn't going to put a red carpet.

Anyway, shit happens, the only thing really wrong there is Vettel reaction getting out of the car, that is low-class.

That finger thing? I thought he was mocking himself - like yeah I lost it.

John_B

curls said:
Well it is a race after all. You could argue that Jensons ability to leap without looking has won him previous races this season.

At the end of the day it is a race.
That is not the point. If the team acts in accordance to internal agreement, then one driver can't just break that to steal a victory. It's a shady move, and it likely would have ruined the team.

Pterion

John_B said:
That is not the point. If the team acts in accordance to internal agreement, then one driver can't just break that to steal a victory. It's a shady move, and it likely would have ruined the team.
Pretty much.

DarkJC

I couldn't believe it when the 2 red bulls came together. On one hand I was thinking "No! My fantasy team!" and on the other I was thinking it's nice to have another 1-2 for McClaren to make things a lot more interesting in the world championship, especially at the rate they're improving the car. Hamilton was so close to Webber in that first stage of the race.

curls

John_B said:

Well it didn't. Which reflects the drivers ability to overcome tight situations - unlike Vettel.

Race is a race.

dejay

Banned
curls said:
That finger thing? I thought he was mocking himself - like yeah I lost it.

I thought the same thing myself - as in "I just had a brain snap"

If not then there's something wrong with him. He should have edged across slowly instead of jumping across.

avaya

What a fuck up the only thing that could make it worse if a shower of cunts win. Oh shit a shower of cunts did win.

Mohonky

derFeef said:

During the interview Webber was doing a little hand gesture as to what happen with the Webber / Vettel incident, basically; I went straight, Vettel cut across me and hit me.

I think Hamilton and Button make a good partnership, they both seem like they have some respect for one another and don't seem to have the childish 'middle child' like syndrome many racers have with their team thinking they don't get enough attention or otherwise deserve more.

Hamilton was definitely very subdued about his win, I think it was a little hollow for him given the reason he won was pretty much entirely due to Vettel fucking it up for Webber. The Mercedes Maclarens are close to the Redbulls but not quite there yet, Hamilton knows it could just as easily been a Redbull 1-2.

Though had Hamilton not had a puncture on the last laps of the race a few weeks ago he'd be in the lead anyway. Will be interesting, Hamilton started slow last year but charged home. If he can do it again this year it'll be good to watch.

I love Hamiltons for his almost constant 'attack attack attack' race mentality. Always exciting to watch and what F1 needs.

Lince

Banned
kikanny said:

did
felipem.jpg
race today?

curls

avaya said:
What a fuck up the only thing that could make it worse if a shower of cunts win. Oh shit a shower of cunts did win.

Who did you want to win? :lol

avaya

At least fucking Button didn't win.

I can't wait till Benz take away that engine from them. They won't win shit after that.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Weak performance from Ferrari. If they don't change something soon, they will have huge problems in the next races. Or they simply cannot introduce new parts for their car fast enough. According to some media, they are working on RBR style exhaust right now.

Lince

Banned
1 Mark Webber / RED BULL 93
2 Jenson Button / MCLAREN 88
3 Lewis Hamilton / MCLAREN 84
4 F. Alonso / FERRARI 79
5 S. Vettel / RED BULL 78
6 Robert Kubica / RENAULT 67
7 Felipe Massa / FERRARI 67
8 Nico Rosberg / MERCEDES GP 66
9 M. Schumacher / MERCEDES GP 34
10 Adrian Sutil / FORCE INDIA 22

can we write Schumacher off already?

avaya

DrM said:
Weak performance from Ferrari. If they don't change something soon, they will have huge problems in the next races.

Luca deserves everything he gets. The wrong people are in the wrong positions.

curls

avaya said:
At least fucking Button didn't win.

I can't wait till Benz take away that engine from them. They won't win shit after that.

Ah a Merc fanboy. :D

Never underestimate The Brawn.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes will soon switch resources to 2011 car. They are quite good in qualifications, but their race pace is awful since they introduced new upgrades.

avaya

Now in all seriousness Lewis was very impressive today, should probably be leading the championship.

Hope he makes a fight of it with the Red Bulls.

duckroll

Excellent race today. Lots of excitement, good challenges, etc. It's really too bad that the Red Bulls ruined it for themselves, and I think they'll need to talk it out tonight. They still have the best car and it'll be a shame to see the team fall apart if the drivers let the incident today get to them.

Salacious Crumb

avaya said:
Now in all seriousness Lewis was very impressive today, should probably be leading the championship.

Hope he makes a fight of it with the Red Bulls.

I don't get this kind of talk, if he should be leading the championship he would be, Hamilton is an amazing driver among many, but for whatever reason people insist on singling him out as the messiah of F1. I think I'd like Hamilton if it wasn't for his fans.

Leunam

Had to contain my laughter during the Webber/Vettel crash since it's pretty early and I was the only one up. Poor Webber, he had this race in the bag and Vettel just couldn't let it go. Not how I would have wanted Hamilton to win but I guess I'll take it.

I also felt bad for Petrov, too. He was doing really well until Alonso nicked him. Ah well. :/

avaya

Salacious Crumb said:
I don't get this kind of talk, if he should be leading the championship he would be, Hamilton is an amazing driver among many, but for whatever reason people insist on singling him out as the messiah of F1. I think I'd like Hamilton if it wasn't for his fans.

Did I say he was the messiah of F1, but today he was clearly very impressive.

The messiah is now 40 years old and has lost much of his speed because his performances against Britney are awful.

ElyrionX

Salacious Crumb said:

You're singling out the wrong forum member for this post.

Mohonky

rogue_pigeon said:
Schumacher could have been written off months ago.

He was never going to be in it. New cars, new style of racing. I don't think he got back into the car expecting to win, just don't think he knows what else to do with himself.

Was funny hearing the team radio telling him they were expecting 2 or 3mm of rain; "ok so you're telling me 2 or 3mm of rain but that doesn't mean anything to me"..."means we'll goto intermediates"..."ok"

Salacious Crumb

avaya said:
Did I say he was the messiah of F1, but today he was clearly very impressive.

The messiah is now 40 years old and has lost much of his speed because his performances against Britney are awful.

Sorry for misinterpreting you, I wasn't trying to have a go at you, I just wanted to use your first statement as a jumping off point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom