• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

Fifty

Good job Ramirez, HGplayer, Tad Chocolate...We did pretty damn good, and now our clan rating is finally at 8. Hopefully it won't drop.

Ramirez

Level 8 ladies!

All I ask of you guys is that if you lose 3 straight,just disband the team,no need in playin again and again when you know your not gonna win :)

N Coward Parody said:
I noticed I was added to the clan list earlier today, but I just checked Live and I haven't received a clan invite. When should I expect an invite? Am I looking in the wrong place? CAN'T WAIT.

*Noel Coward Parody

The list on the first page isn't a clan member list, but a GAF player list so people who aren't in the clan can find games fairly easily. It was getting to be a pain to update that list separate from a simple GAF player list when bungie.net keeps track of clan membership on its own.

The list on the first page isn't a clan member list, but a GAF player list so people who aren't in the clan can find games fairly easily. It was getting to be a pain to update that list separate from a simple GAF player list when bungie.net keeps track of clan membership on its own.

Ah, makes sense. Then I'll twiddle my thumbs and wait for the big envelope like everyone else...

Oh, and Willco, sorry about the abrupt departure. My girlfriend sliced her hand open on a piece of glass. Ech. And no, I'm no longer on the West Coast -- spent a year in Louisville, Kentucky at a big regional theatre there, now I'm writing, applying to graduate school, and living with my girlfriend in Milwaukee, Wisconsin while she finishes up her time directing at the Rep.

WE WILL FIND EACH OTHER AGAIN!

*Noel Coward Parody

Coop

Matrix said:
You can hear people through your tv if you set it to voice output speakers like Kuroyume said.

It really helps if you dont have a mic or if its busted like mine.

just saw this...i do have it set through the speakers and still can't hear anything

Brannon

Pedigree Chum said:
PWNAGE!

people will come in and say that most of those kills were from snipering, but hey it takes skill to primarily get head shots almost EVERYTIME with the sniper. so to those people, :p

I agree; remember that everyone is on equal footing in the game and it is up to you to use what is out there. Keep running out into the open and...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
sniping is very cheap

it's not very hard to get kills with the rifles. I've said this thousands of times before.

I said it to some dude in counter-strike and he didn't believe me, I killed his entire team of 16 and told him not to do drugs and left.

Bebpo

Banned
Anyone want to teach me how to play? In team games I see all these symbols but I have no clue what they mean ^^;

AeroGod

Mr. Lemming said:
My favorite Gametype/Map combo at the moment:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=3993500&player=Sicher

Oh I found another pet peeve of mine. If you are winning the match, don't force sudden death. Drop the bomb, flag, whatever in a safe place and get the hell away from it to run the timer down. Just make sure all the bad guys are at least 5 seconds away from contesting it.

How does sudden death work. Ive been playing all this time without even knowing what triggers it or how long it lasts.

In Capture the Flag or Assault, Sudden Death is triggered if a player is in possession or near the game objective. Once the objective is contested, the game timer resets to 5 seconds left and will not count down until the objective is no longer contested. The defending team then needs to hold the other team off from getting near the objective for those five seconds. All the other team needs to do is get near the objective to reset the 5 second countdown. You can be in sudden death even if you are winning the match. Hence my above rant.

Now, the respawn timer for the flag and bomb is a little different. The little bar underneath the objective icon shows how long there is until it will reset. Typicially this is 30 seconds. If you are near the objective the timer will no longer count down, but will not reset. To reset the timer you must pick up the objective.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar said:
oh man, that sucked. We got hosed 3-0 in a major clan battle CTF :/

Yea that was pretty sad..I think Dopey kept yelling to stay around the flag when we were on D and I know I listened,but it still didnt help our team for some reason :(

Ramirez

Yea that was terrible...what made it even worse was the little dumb shits talking about sucking cocks and stupid shit like that,ugh.I put a shotgun on the little dumbass and told him to STFU -_-

I know Dopey means well,but I doubt most of the guys on our team appreciate him cussing them out ;) :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
Yea that was terrible...what made it even worse was the little dumb shits talking about sucking cocks and stupid shit like that,ugh.I put a shotgun on the little dumbass and told him to STFU -_-

I know Dopey means well,but I doubt most of the guys on our team appreciate him cussing them out ;) :p

Yea that was beyond annoying,I swear half these little shits are like 8-14 years old and spend all weekend and free time after school thinking of different ways to talk about penis and vaginas *sigh*

I wish we could turn them off.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
one of them yelled "bitch" as he boarded and took my ghost. I paid him back by stealing his banshee 40 feet off the ground. and somehow wound up inside one of the buildings

Matrix

Ramirez said:
Well at least our Minor Clan is doing a hell of alot better than it was yesterday...:p

Yea I hope I never come face to face with the people who lost 8 in a row yesterday..Id like to give them a piece of my mind.

slips out of thread

Matrix

:lol

Hey did you see me rack up 19 kills in that huge custom slayer match? I told you I'm all about the killing :p

AeroGod

I missed out on matches tonight. I was over a friends house testing out his new DLP projector with some movies :D I wish I could have been there, id like to think im pretty good at the game and helpful :p

SKluck

Banned
You know what is scary? The #1,2,3 clans have less than 30 members and have each played 200-300 matches in 5 days.

People need fucking lives.

There should be a seperate ranking for people with jobs, and those without.

cochese

Yep that was a really bad loss. I dont think it was our deffense that did us in...it was our offense. Gotta have both!

Oh..and the other team was pretty good. ha

Nutter

Hmm, Maybe you guys can invite me to clan matches.?

I get on and see plenty of people yet no invite to anything. :(

NutterButter700

soakrates

I'm not interested in joining a clan yet, but I didn't see any other particularly active Halo 2 threads on the front page, so if anyone wants to add me to their buddy list or party up some time, my gamertag is Abbasi (long story).

I'm pretty decent, I suppose. Haven't had much of a chance to get into multiplayer, but that's about to change since I finally have some free time.

Joe

tip: if you're playing an offense/defense game (assault, ctf) and you're on offense DONT get the sword. you WILL eventually die and it will fall into the defenders hands. a sword in the hands of a defender is much more valuable than in your hands.

Rorschach

Joe said:
tip: if you're playing an offense/defense game (assault, ctf) and you're on offense DONT get the sword. you WILL eventually die and it will fall into the defenders hands. a sword in the hands of a defender is much more valuable than in your hands.
Yup, I've held flags by myself in big team battles with just the sword. It's awesome in waterworks.

Ramirez

It's Sunday,you'll have to wait until everyone's football team goes off :p

My team of course isn't on TV again :(

I'm up for some minor clan matches later today though ladies!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I'll probably be around later too if you need a an extra man.

I worked 10 hours today though so i might fall asleep before you guys get on.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
had a couple of fun clan matches this morning, but we tied on both of them.. in the major clan match I was tearing some shit up with the covie tank.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on in 5 hours. keen to play some ranked with anybody thats fairly good.

Ramirez

Shit,my DSL went out for a second =\

I'll log back in a few...that team we had going wasn't too hot so it was probably for the better :p Communication you whores! :D

Top Bottom