• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
SKluck said:
Kinda sad I'm winning more big team battles with strangers than with my own clan. Just played about 10 of them to give myself some rank and won 7, lost 1, tied 2.

oddly enough, for me it's opposite. Everyone I get paired up with in the matchmaking system is incompetant. Almost every big clan match i've played so far was a win :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I was louise 3 times this morning in the same game.

20041110l.jpg

"dude, we should really have a gunner"

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
Yea I tried a random team game yesterday and was given a kid who told me to suck his dick repeatedly -_-

Heh, I played a head to head and it was "Swords and shields" on midship. I started kicking this guys ass and he stopped right in front of me and said "WAIT DUDE WAIT A SECOND"

so I cut off his head and then he said "YOU ARE GAY" over and over again into the microphone. Then he insisted I agree with him that this is the GAYEST THING EVER SEEN. I'd have to say, winning its better when someone starts screaming at you each time they see you.

hgplayer1

in both of those Zanzibar matches all we had to do was play defense and the match was ours. we scored first easily in both matches and then from there it just fell to pieces. our defense was horrible though in all games. we werent taking advantage of the camo or shields either.

Kuroyume

Banned
Random LIVE users are crazy... I was playing CTF on Burial Mounds last night (one of those maps I really hate) and somehow the other team managed to steal the flag and were running back to their side when one of my teamates said that it's no use they won because he was on their side and was "running faster than a nigg*r."

Fifty

Lonestar said:
yeah, I am tired of some 12 year old calling me a "fucking idiot" over small shit.

I get that shit even when they're not on my team. I play only with cool people, so my team is never the problem......but since you can now hear the other team, with Halo 2's wonderful proximity chat feature......whenever I get shot from behind with a rocket, I hear some squeaky-voiced fuck tell me to "suck it" It's fun killing those people, but it just pisses the hell out of me.

Ramirez

I on occassion say "Sorry ladies" when I run into a group of them and kill them,but I never say anything stupid like most of these guys do.

Fifty

Yeah.....I guess I take it too seriously, but that's how I approach ranked games. When I get shot from behind (especially if I'm losing) and some kid talks trash (which I can now hear because of this stupid feature) I just get furious. Oh well...I guess I'll have to control myself :lol :lol I picked up Mario Tennis today, maybe that'll help me get in touch with my inner child.

Ramirez

Your lucky that isn't online or I'd have to bring the pain to you in that as well :D

Where the fuck you at anyways,we need to do our daily clan run :p

SKluck

Banned
The best I've experienced is some 12 year old kid complaining about "niggers" shooting him in the back.

That's class.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
Your lucky that isn't online or I'd have to bring the pain to you in that as well :D

Where the fuck you at anyways,we need to do our daily clan run :p

You be on in 1 hour?

hgplayer1

Ryck said:
Yeah.......whats with hearing people over the Tv speakers? I get that sometimes too.

the default settings for voice chat puts proximity chat through the speakers and team chat in your headset. you can change this somewhere in settings I believe but I like it the way it is so I couldnt tell you how exactly to change it. it doesnt matter if youre near the enemy or your team mates, if you talk they hear you. even if you push the button for team chat, if your standing close enough to the enemy theyll hear you.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
To change your settings go to your friends list and choose extra options and you'll see the option to change the voice output. If your offline I think you go to settings and then modify profile.

God, I got my ass handed to me tonight in a Slayer match with Mike Works, Willco, and some others. Jesus, you guys are good. This may be chalked up to the fact that I played very little of the original Halo, but STILL... I don't think I have the free time to partake in the rigorous training I'd need to become RESPECTABLE with y'all... But fun nonetheless!

*Noel Coward Parody

Joe

mike im gonna add you to my friends list my name is F4TAL

your tag isnt listed on the first page, what is it?

Azih

Yo guys really fun playing with you today. If you start kicking no shows off the GAF clan can I make a request to get in?

4 player split-screen (With a combination of two gamertags and two guests) in a 16 player game is pure madness. Its like a freakin' war is going on. It also cuts the framerate down a bit. But it is fun. I'm amazed I got the flag in the 1-flag CTF Zanzibar game we jumped in.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Man, this game is eating away at my soul. I do think I had the sickest CTF kill ever when I flag killed a guy with a sword for the cap in the final seconds of the match for the win (and not some lameass tie).

Joe

dont you hate it when both teams score in each of their rounds and the team that scored in round 4 wins? wtf is that shit?

Ryck

Joe said:
mike im gonna add you to my friends list my name is F4TAL

your tag isnt listed on the first page, what is it?
Ah so your F4TAL ..............I hate you.......(which is to say your damned good)

Ramirez

Anyone opposed to making another clan,with just people that are serious players?The clan just seems kinda pointless as it is,we've dropped level twice.There doesn't seem to be anymore than 20 people participating anyways.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
Anyone opposed to making another clan,with just people that are serious players?The clan just seems kinda pointless as it is,we've dropped level twice.There doesn't seem to be anymore than 20 people participating anyways.

I'll be in for that. Although I need to suss out what hours you guys normally play. what time is it for you at the time of my post? and what time do you normally play.

Ramirez

When you posted that it was 3:06 EST here...I can play anytime on the weekends,but weekdays I don't hang around too late.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I can understand people getting upset about major clan records...but why do minor clan records bother some of you people so much? :\ Im just curious,no offense but not enough people in the clan play and not enough for us to ever be ranked top 5 or even top 10...100 members and like ramirez said its seems only 20 people in the clan actually play every day.

Yes some of us kinda suck right now or are only good at one or two things,but to start a clan over cause the minor record keeps going up and down,its kinda bleh imo...but what do I know.

I guess some of you care about records for everything instead of the actual fun of the game online ;P

*this post is brought to you by someone who is so-so...but mostly leaning to the shit side of things*

Fifty

Matrix said:
I can understand people getting upset about major clan records..but why do minor clan records bother some of you people so much?

You can? I can't. The only difference is that major clan matches involve more people. Both modes are equally important. Did you think that major clan matches were worth more because of the word major ? ;p

Ramirez

I just hate playing with 3 people,getting our level up to 9 only to see it completely erased.It's like whats the point?

I never expected this 100 member clan to work in the first place really,a clan is all about knowing the playstyle of your teammates,you will never get that with 100 different people.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
YES ! :(

Its just kinda messed up if certain people just split off this clan and form a new one cause some people are not up to certain standards yet.

Some people are really trying and giving their all *looks at FMT,Dm and myself* and we have gotten cussed at *not by you* and yelled at to do things a certain way and when we do and still lose.....what can I say.

Maybe the best players should split up,now that I think about it more while a post..I know I dont want to play with people that dont want to play with us.

Fifty

I think you guys are great. I'm sorry if someone was yelling at you guys and telling you to do things a certain way.....Well.....if you were running off of cliffs I might understand them doing that :lol I never singled anyone out, or any group..and I certainly wasn't thinking about you guys when I said "Shit :(" I just remember working to get our ranking up, and seeing it go down two levels kind of sucks. I don't feel guilty for caring about the ranking, since we are playing RANKED CLAN GAMES for a reason ;p I like to have fun in all games, but of course I'll take the clan games a bit more seriously.

Ramirez

Yea I wasn't talking about any single person or group,it was just a suggestion to people who might like playing for the rank rather than just playing to be playing (thats what all those custom blood gulch CTF games you guys play are for :p)

Matrix

Oh I do take clan games seriously even if they're minor,I just dont get what you guys expect in the clan rankings...are you actully gunning for being the top team? Have you guys checked the rankings.

Losing sucks...I know all about it :p and yes losing sucks more when its ranked,but even the games people lose...I can tell you they are trying their best.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
100 people was never going to be a very organised force. hey can you add the entire clan to your friends list at once? I would probably be up for a new clan, but I don't wanna lose the ability to play everyone from gaf.

Ramirez, it's 10 in the morning here right now, so catching you weekdays would be a bit :\ I might just stick where I am for now and see if I can ever catch up with you.

Also the ranking can always go up again. short term a lot of losing isn't really going to matter. once you get over the 7 mark ranks get harder to achieve anyway and it's easier to drop, thats probably why it dropped from 9 to 7.

EDIT: Quick rant. I hate rocket only mode. And yes, I hate it because I suck at it.

Ramirez

It was just an idea...best thing I can think of is if people got to know each other better and only played clan matches with people they knew and not just random people that have never spoke before.

Matrix

Yea and sometimes its just odd...I think it was Fmt,Dm,Hgplayer and I last night and we were ranked either 8 or 7 at the time and they put us against a level 12 ranked clan...wtf and all they did was snipe the whole damn time and well the end results were not pretty.

Nutter

IF we do indeed make another Clan for the people who want to be ranked, ill gladly join.

I dont mind our current stats, its just that some people need to play all the modes with someone(offline or online) before they jump into clan matches. With the amount of matches we have played we should have been atleast level 12 on each.

Top Bottom