• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm so freaking tired of joining random games and having one person gone a minute into the game. DON'T FUCKING PLAY if you're not going to stick around. It just pisses the shit out of my because then three of us have to deal with four and at other times it's been 2 vs 4. It's complete bullshit.

Desperado

I hate people that don't know shit.

I had both the sniper and the rocket launcher and was sitting on the bridge in the middle of Waterworks. It was 1 flag CTF...we were on offense. I was owning the shit out of them on that round but we lost because nobody could get together and go get the flag. Some bitch was yelling at me because I didn't go get the flag myself.

What the fuck is that shit? Argh.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Desperado said:
I hate people that don't know shit.

I had both the sniper and the rocket launcher and was sitting on the bridge in the middle of Waterworks. It was 1 flag CTF...we were on offense. I was owning the shit out of them on that round but we lost because nobody could get together and go get the flag. Some bitch was yelling at me because I didn't go get the flag myself.

What the fuck is that shit? Argh.

:lol Thats horrible.

hgplayer1

in regards to clan matches, as far as Im concerned, if I can find 3 other people to join me in some minor games then Im going to go for it. for one thing, organizing a meeting of specific players with members of this forum can be a bitch. secondly, the time I have to play clan matches is somewhat limited so Id like to take every oppurtunity I can to do my best to help the clan. having said that I also know that I need to take it upon myself to learn the maps and weapon and power up placements. I havent really done that for every map so Im sure that plays a part in helping my team in certain game types.

strategy is a completely different thing. I wouldnt exactly call myself a leader when it comes to forming any kind of strategy in team games so usually Ill follow everyone elses lead. I take any suggestions thrown my way so if you dont like something Im doing let me know. Ive fucked up some things big time in a few of the games we've been in but I usually will learn from those mistakes and do better the next time its just that sometimes it seems like I do everything the exact same way I did them in previous games and it just doesnt work the same. there have been games of 1 flag CTF on Zanzibar where I just sneak in on offense undetcted and take the flag and carry it in for the score without even being killed thanks to my teammates and then there are times I cant even step foot in the base without gettin killed.

if the clan wasnt already full Id suggest only letting people join if they can prove to be good players by playing in some games against current clan members. as it is, I think we should all just have fun with this and let the numbers fall where they may. Im sure the cream of the crop will emerge from the 100 players we have and I wouldnt be surprised to see them form a seperate clan that could compete for spots in the rankings but the way it is now theres no orginization to it so just let everyone have fun and lets see where it takes us.

i was laughing my ass off at some of the games last night even when we were losing. it wasnt in total disregard to the fact that we were potentially losing rank either. its just hard to stop playing when youre having fun even if you are losing.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I see the point of making a serious clan, i take the ranking pretty seriously myself but id miss having 30 or 40 active clan members and having more than one party going a night.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the whole strategy thing is so hard to co-ordinate, something about screaming over the microphone that isn't quite as satisfying as screaming at people in your living room, which is what I'm used to.

In large team games I tend to try and see who has a bit of a knack for getting near the objective (still seems like no one understands assault much) and then I try and attach myself to that person or people, it seems to hard to get people to follow me. I'm usually fairly decent in straight up fighting so I actually prefer being a blocker than a flag carrier most times.

hgplayer1

holy crap I just learned a couple things about two of the smaller maps. on Lockout if youre standing on the ramp that leads down to the elevator, you can jump over either ledge to your left or right and there will be another ledge that you can stand on that keeps you protected on pretty much all sides but one. if youre playing team ball you could try hiding there and get the rest of your team in position to cover you to where the other team would never have a clear shot on you. not sure if Im explaining it right but its for sure something Im gonna try if the oppurtunity comes up.

on Ascension I finally figured out where the rocket is. I still didnt see any active camo. also found a couple walkable ledges that might come in handy.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
so if you are standing facing the bottom of the blue elevator, shotgun green room behind you, you turn left and go out that door to find the ledge? I read one of the Bungie tips that they show you while waiting for games and there is something about a shortcut on lockout. I can't figure it out though.

hgplayer1

catfish said:
so if you are standing facing the bottom of the blue elevator, shotgun green room behind you, you turn left and go out that door to find the ledge? I read one of the Bungie tips that they show you while waiting for games and there is something about a shortcut on lockout. I can't figure it out though.

no if you are standing directly in front of the elevator with it to your back and your facing the green room down and in front of you and the ramp going up and in front of you, jump up to the ramp and just as you exit the elevator room you can jump over the side on either side to land on a good sized ledge.

I think the shortcut is just a jump or two that you can make in a couple spots in the map.

Desperado

I hate this game. It's ruining my life.

I had a project to do this weekend, didn't do it b/c of halo 2.

I was mildly sick Monday so I stayed home, was gonna do my project, played halo 2 instead.

I was nauseous today, I stayed home, was gonna do the project, played halo 2 instead.

DAMNIT.

hgplayer1

ugh minor clan matches are starting to piss me off. seems like I cant take down people using the same methods I used in every other non clan game. I played like two hours in big team battle matchmaking and was doing very good and then jumped in a minor clan match and felt like I couldnt do anything right. I officially hate Midship . the colors and the respawn points just get me so discombobulated I cant even get going in the right direction half the time which costs precious seconds in assualt games.

Kuroyume

Banned
How the fuck do you score on Juggarnaut? Btw sorry about the kills in the first game. I had the rocket and was going to take out a group of guys when one of you ran in and the other time I was going to take out the wart when one of you went in the back.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You have to kill the Juggarnaut, and then kill other people while you are the juggarnaut. Haha, it was funny when you guys were trying to chase me when I was it. I threw like 4 grenades and the announcer kept saying "Double kill!" or "Triple kill!"

BuddyC

Sorry I ditched you guys after the Juggernaut game, my connection went down and only just came back up.

Good games, all around.

SKluck

Banned
Damnit, I take a few days to play HL2 and our minor rank dropped to 6 1/2 from 8. Come on guys. If you aren't winning, cut your losses.

Ramirez

I spent the entire day yesterday playin with a friend in Team Skirmishes,plus I didn't really see anyone on that I'd played with before so I figured it was best if I didn't fool with clan matches :p

Ryck

Played some minor matches with Dm, FMT, and Gash, awesome defense eh boys...too bad we couldn't freakin score , Ill be on again tonight around 8pm pst , oh and Wario I got your messege but I was in the midst of a clan match with the above mentioned chaps...see you guys tonight

Tag: Spellboundx

we're improving! i know we've lost a lot of minor clan matches, but i think me dm matrix and hg are starting to hold our own. once i get the layouts of all the maps down (and find out where the overshield + cloak are) ill get better. right now im pretty crappy, but not as crappy as i was 3 days ago, and in 3 more days i wont be as crappy as i am now. relax dudes, we will progress in the long run :D

Desperado

Shit if only I could play like this every time...

Code:
Gamertag      Kills | Assists | Deaths | Suicides            Shots Hit | Shots Fired | Hit % | Head Shots            Medals
Desperaclo       14         1        5          0                   62           118      52            8                16

As a sniper I'm either really on or really off.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
fucking booo, I tried to play with heaps of you guys last night, and i couldn't join your games due to "network issues"

I got invites from what I assume were 4 different people in a clan match couldn't join for the entire time. :(

I did up my team skirmish rank to 9 though with the help of a couple of mates.

4 of us went at it and one of our guys just got live so was a rank 1, he played with me and another guy who were ranked 9 and 10 and his rank jumped up to 5 by the end of it. we only lost 2 out of about 8. good deal.

Fifty

Ramirez said:
Me and 50's goin on for some clan matches if anyone wants to join us.

Great stuff Wario, Cubs, Ramirez....As usual we won almost all of our matches...the only problems being the immature fucks yelling in my ear that I can't turn off. Thank you Bungie, for creating a great game that lets 10 year olds have free roam at calling me a faggot.

Fifty said:
Thank you Bungie, for creating a great game that lets 10 year olds have free roam at calling me a faggot.

And not only is this the reason we aren't the "GA Army" but it is also the reason we can't make our own emblems.

Cubsfan23

Banned
Fifty said:
Great stuff Wario, Cubs, Ramirez....As usual we won almost all of our matches...the only problems being the immature fucks yelling in my ear that I can't turn off. Thank you Bungie, for creating a great game that lets 10 year olds have free roam at calling me a faggot.

That last match on Lockout sucked. At least I'm still undefeated on Crazy Hill :)

We're probably 2 wins away from level 8

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Can't believe we lost against them too

wariodog.gif

raYne

Fifty said:
...the only problems being the immature fucks yelling in my ear that I can't turn off. Thank you Bungie, for creating a great game that lets 10 year olds have free roam at calling me a faggot.

Well you could just mute him. If I recall, muting individual players is still an option.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Pedigree Chum said:
I, for some inexplicable reason, am not in the clan anymore. Don't know how it happened, can someone send an invite?

You were in last night though......
Oh, and whats wrong with your internet?

catfish said:
You were in last night though......
Oh, and whats wrong with your internet?

Don't know, kept dropping out last night. It's ok now (I don't think it's my internet, just my cheap 100f ethernet cable, the connection was loose...it's ok now, I think). And yea, I was on last night, the clan list worked fine, but when I booted it up today it was gone. I need to be re-invited, if anyone can be so kind :)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
i'm not good enough for MAF's clan. Let me join and brink the rank down!

Pedigree Chum said:
Don't know, kept dropping out last night. It's ok now (I don't think it's my internet, just my cheap 100f ethernet cable, the connection was loose...it's ok now, I think). And yea, I was on last night, the clan list worked fine, but when I booted it up today it was gone. I need to be re-invited, if anyone can be so kind :)

Well... I would but the thing is... see... well I'm not a member of the clan anymore either.

Top Bottom