• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

Fifty

Maybe this is a sign that we should reorganize the clan.....Or it's a sign that Bungie can't handle the heat!

Yeah what happen, did they reset the clan's? Is anyone in the clan anymore? Re-invite Gaming-age must rule all :) Odd it says that we are all still in the clan:

Link

A) We aren't the only clan this is happening too. It is apparently becoming increasingly widespread (As per reading bungie.org and bungie.net forums)

B) Given A, any new clan we make would also be doomed to the ether.

C) As per Spazbiohaz, the clan member roster is still up on bungie.net

So I think this is just a temporary glitch.

Chittagong

Gold Member
StoOgE said:
this sucks.. I use the clan list to find matches :(

Same here. I got really worried when I didn't find my clan. I thought you guys kicked me out as I didn't play online, wanting to complete the campaign first - done now!

So what happens next? How do I hook up with everyone? Will the clans come back?

Fifty

Chittagong said:
Looks like Bungie.net is dead - I can't even find my gamertag. And I've linked it with Passport and all.

Uh oh.

:p Their search feature has always been broken it seems...ever since the game launched. I couldn't find our clan when I searched for it, and I couldn't find my tag...but since I have

our clan bookmarked

and I can access my stats at the top of the page (as long as I'm logged in to .net) it's all good

Ryck

StoOgE said:
I know, I thought I was kicked out for being incompetent :lol
same here Ill prolly just print out our clan list and add you all as friends....im lost without the clan list :(

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Yay long live the Gaming Age clan (I too thought I was kicked out hee hee)!

Anyone in the mood for some serious practice sessions for our clan members? I'd be more than happy to help schedule something like that and even help in the training but lord knows I need it the most. Any of you wish to act as a mentor (ie: you know you're good) and spare a half hour to teach the rookies? I think it'd help stregthen our clan and even help some members get to know each other better.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Sorry ive been slacking on the clan front recently, im snowed under between actual work and degree work, and will be probably untill december, hopefully ill be able to dedicate most december to Halo 2 though, inbetween sessions of KOTOR2 :D, seems like the holidays are gonna be even busier than term time :-/

Chittagong

Gold Member
TekunoRobby said:
Yay long live the Gaming Age clan (I too thought I was kicked out hee hee)!

Anyone in the mood for some serious practice sessions for our clan members? I'd be more than happy to help schedule something like that and even help in the training but lord knows I need it the most. Any of you wish to act as a mentor (ie: you know you're good) and spare a half hour to teach the rookies? I think it'd help stregthen our clan and even help some members get to know each other better.

Excellent idea! We could do tourist tours where the experts would share strategies via voice chat. Actually a group of Master Chiefs walking around the level in an organized manner would look hilarious.

I'm in as a rookie!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
sounds like fun. i consider myself pretty damn good at most maps, but i'm sure nearlly everyone could contribute something to a trainning leason.

anywho, i'll be on most of the day, where are all of you?

hgplayer1

who will be up for some minor clan games tonight? I dont have anything planned so I should be loggin on around 6 PM central time.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll get back to H2 online soon, I swear!

Just happen to have...some other games get in the way. I can't even remember what GTA SA is about, I'm so swamped!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Anyone else a Covenant Elite?

I used to be a Red Master Chief with a nice looking Triforce emblem but I noticed the popularity of it so I switched to something a bit more original (within the scope of the clan of course). I'm now an Elite with Red as my primary and Steel as my secondary with the 7th coloumn logo nice and bright on my character.

Halo2Logo2.jpg

I really like some of the clever logos some of you designed.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting a little upset at the network problems message.

seems to be certain people as well. I can never seem to get a game with ramirez. and two of my friends that live around the corner can never play me. FUCK.

Anyone heard anything about this?

Desperado

Holy shit I just fucking raped some dudes in team skirmish 8-minute Classic CTF @ Midship. I almost don't want my rank to go up lol

Kills: 24
Assists: 3
Deaths: 4
Suicides: 0

Flag Saves: 7

Medals: *41* :

1 Stuck
3 Killing Sprees
3 Double Kills
7 Flag Kills
8 Assassinations
9 Flag Returns
10 Beat Downs

hgplayer1

TekunoRobby said:
Anyone else a Covenant Elite?

I used to be a Red Master Chief with a nice looking Triforce emblem but I noticed the popularity of it so I switched to something a bit more original (within the scope of the clan of course). I'm now an Elite with Red as my primary and Steel as my secondary with the 7th coloumn logo nice and bright on my character.

Halo2Logo2.jpg

I really like some of the clever logos some of you designed.

Im using the Elite also spreading smiles throughout the Halo community. (see logo at left)

Desperado

Damnit my clan sucks. =( I hate seeing everybody from here in a match and seeing "(not joinable)" ARGH I HATE YOU GUYS FOREVER...FOR-E-VER

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
God Fmt,Dm and I stink...we even make good players on our team suck.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
catfish said:
I'm getting a little upset at the network problems message.

seems to be certain people as well. I can never seem to get a game with ramirez. and two of my friends that live around the corner can never play me. FUCK.

Anyone heard anything about this?

If you're behind a router, try setting the DMZ host thingy to your Xbox IP. That's what I did and I haven't received a connection error since. Not sure if the patch helped though, but putting the DMZ settings seem to work

Nester

My cat chewed up the Ethernet cable to my consoles, so I was offline for them for a couple days. Got back with a bunch of voice messages waiting about clan matches long gone.

You can send two types of clan messages, to the whole clan no matter their status and only to those that are currently online. Perhaps we should start using the online only option when sending out clan match invites?

SKluck

Banned
Is there any documentation on ties? Like how it affects the clan/individual players? How does it break down? Or does it not affect anything at all? I mean I imagine it doesn't count as a win so it is hurting your win ratio.

They should have some sort of tiebreaker. We played like what.. 10 big clan matches? Maybe 5 of them were ties. It's nuts. I noticed if you tie for first as a single player (Oddball and slayer - I have tied in) they count as wins for you.

They could also improve the bungie.net stats a lot. The gameviewer is cool, but who the hell uses that seriously? It's cool there is a leaderboard for your friends list, but what about for clans?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
man we were strait jacking peoples shit up tonight.. I think I had more scoring runs tonight than Ive had total before tonight.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
cochese said:
Good Clan matches tonight guys/gals. But I do wonder if ties count as wins.

-sembe

yeah we did pretty good. Stupid ties though whats with that.... I need to work more on arriving near the flag at the same time as everyone, I do good for kills, but fat lot of good that does flagwise. That zanzibar match we won, I ran into their base and killed a couple of them and was all "woo woo, lets go get the flag!" then I hear "Round over, FLAG CAPTURED" didn't even know someone already nicked it. :lol

Top Bottom