• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

Chipopo

Banned
Some awesome matches tonight guys. The minor clan matches with Sembe and Psychlone (?) were great, we were down 11 kills in one match and made a hell of a comeback. That last major assault was incredible too, the fact that it took so long made the payoff so much greater.

Cubsfan23

Banned
My F*cking Grandpa said:
Some awesome matches tonight guys. The minor clan matches with Sembe and Psychlone (?) were great, we were down 11 kills in one match and made a hell of a comeback. That last major assault was incredible too, the fact that it took so long made the payoff so much greater.

ha that was me, psychopath83, that 11 kill comeback even more sweeter considering it was on collasus, the worst map on the game. Sicher was the other guy on our team

Fifty

Wario64 said:
That last match rocked. That is all

Yeah, that was awesome "GET AWAY FROM THE BOMB!" :D

Despite our 2 Hog attack not going as planned....when we decided to copy them and distract them via a circling hog, it ended up going great. All of those games were good, but especially that final one.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
why the colossus hate? I kind of like that map. I find going for the sniper rifle tends to equal death pretty quick though, and the trek up the ramp after jumping off is annoying.

SKluck

Banned
Hmm, it seems there are no ties, after looking at a couple of game stats there is still a first and second (or more) for score ties. It looks judged by score then kills.

Check out this game last night:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=stats&gameid=9999173&player=SKluck

So you COULD theoretically just defend insanely well and slaughter the other team and you'd win, though I don't know if it get less of a rank boost for wins that way.

I need to work on finishing or getting headshots more. I often seem to fire at least a couple hundred more bullets than everyone else, sometimes as much as 2x or 3x. But my hit % is still the same as everyone else. Last night there was a game, I got 15 kills and fired 2400 bullets, 31% hit. Another guy got 21 kills and only 1800 bullets. And my assists are always the highest.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=9844501&player=SKluck
43 kills, 22 assists.

cochese

Hmm. Everytime I have played with Sembe hes always grabbing the flag/bomb.

ha...hey man Its all about getting that win!!! Man those were some great matches. That 11-1 comeback and that assault game. Im going back on in a few if anyone wants to play more clan matches.

SKluck

Banned
And OMG do people not know how to read names? First initial, last name. HOW FUCKING COMMON IS THIS?

No it's not SK Luck.
No it's not Skaluck.

S Kluck
SK
Kluck

Christ.

I had one guy say after killing me "Skaluck? More like Schmuck haw haw!"

Idiots.

Doesn't apply to anyone in our clan though, just stupid fucking live players.

SKluck

Banned
I'll probably be playing well into the night. I gotta stay up until at least 8 am because I'm working overnight the next day.

Rorschach

As soon as I get an invite, it's full and in matchmaking already T_T

PS: Can people see whether I'm in a clan or not? I still get a few clan invites.

SKluck

Banned
Ok, no radar is fucking gay. You can't play competitively with a controller when it takes over a second to turn around. It's basically a game of who sees who first because once you got someone in your sights and they don't see you, they are dead. by the time they can turn around.

Was there lag at all? I didn't even check but I would see you with a weapon, and die from a sword swipe a milisecond later. There is no way to change weapons and lunge that fast. And You can't lunge at someone in the air, yet I would jump and still die from a lunge.

Which has never happened in any other game I've played.

I'm almost a 10 on my BTB though, been working on that.

Rorschach

SKluck said:
And You can't lunge at someone in the air, yet I would jump and still die from a lunge.
I think you can get shanked while jumping. I've done it and it's been done to me many times :\

Chipopo

Banned
Cubsfan, Gash and I had one really great game right before I went to bed. Won the match 25-24 with a plasma sword literally inches from my face. Gash Prex decided to go all terminator and threw a grenade behind his back while juggling or some crazy shit. It was awesome.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
My F*cking Grandpa said:
Cubsfan, Gash and I had one really great game right before I went to bed. Won the match 25-24 with a plasma sword literally inches from my face. Gash Prex decided to go all terminator and threw a grenade behind his back while juggling or some crazy shit. It was awesome.

That was awsome, we were down 24-22 and I jumped down into a room with 3 guys - I was right behind one of them. Meleed his ass from behind, chucked a grenade at another and then we killed the guy with the sword to win - WAS SWEET!

I am up for playing today, just let me know

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
cochese said:
We're unstopable last night. Great games Guys. I'll be on later on today after work.

-sembe

we rocked I made it to level 10 and am nearly an 11 now thanks to our 5 game hotstreak.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=11062456&player=Donkey69

Special props to Crookeye from team lose real bad, he ran over my dead body and said "Tell your team to eat my ass" Then they spent the rest of the match calling us camping bitches, even though we nabbed their flag in what can only be described as beautiful teamwork.

Quote of the post game:

Op_ivy "God, you guys were TERRIBLE"

:lol

Willco

Hollywood Square
Guys, we need to assemble a rough outline of a roster that is able to take down leguna's squad when we meet 9 PM EST at Wednesday.

If you're available, want to play and think can make THE MAGNIFICENT SE7EN or secure a reserve spot, then say so here and we'll try to setup some matches today and tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
anyone got a link to a website that can easily figure me out what time it is at any other point in the world relative to my time?

If I am free and there is a team slayer in this matchup, I am double keen.

Burger

Hey this is to that El Schmo guy. How the hell did you make that Arnold invite ?? That was the bomb!! Link me plz... (unless of course you can actually talk like that)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
catfish said:
we rocked I made it to level 10 and am nearly an 11 now thanks to our 5 game hotstreak.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=11062456&player=Donkey69

Special props to Crookeye from team lose real bad, he ran over my dead body and said "Tell your team to eat my ass" Then they spent the rest of the match calling us camping bitches, even though we nabbed their flag in what can only be described as beautiful teamwork.

Quote of the post game:

Op_ivy "God, you guys were TERRIBLE"

:lol

that was absolutely hilarious! i was mad trash talking those guys.... but they deserved it. i mean come on, talking shit cause we were playing defensively in ctf when we were ahead?

my qoute of the night was that one guy trying to brag about how good he was. "i was sniping people left and right.... like a bitch!" :lol

Rorschach

Burger said:
Hey this is to that El Schmo guy. How the hell did you make that Arnold invite ?? That was the bomb!! Link me plz... (unless of course you can actually talk like that)
He can actually talk like that. :lol

I was laughing my ass off at his message. He was talking like that when we had a match and Truelize stepped in. He just went off on an Ahnold quote fest.

Ramirez

Man I was playing with my friend yesterday in Team Skirmishes and we got some douche as a teammate.

It was Assault,so we all get in a Warthog and drive out to the middle to get the bomb,he fucking flips the Warthog and has it doing cartwheels and shit and Im on the turret blasting away just not killing anything (turret blows,bah),so yea well die,then he's like "Ya know we need some actual fucking accuracy on that turret back there" so I'm like fuck that,go get a Sniper Rifle and cap his ass with one shot and walk over his body and say "Hows that for accuracy?" :lol

I cant stand people like that,ugh.We also had a dude telling us to hurry the fuck up with the bomb like we can possibly move any faster than the game will allow us.Here let me stick this rocket up my ass and maybe I'll get there quicker -_-

Burger

Rorschach said:
He can actually talk like that. :lol

I was laughing my ass off at his message. He was talking like that when we had a match and Truelize stepped in. He just went off on an Ahnold quote fest.

No shit. Thats incredible, it was spot on. I wonder if he'll do me an answering machine message?

Hey El Schmo here. I've been workin' on that impression forever. I've got a few more impressions I wanna try out. Live is a great way for me to practice my voices and get real opinions from people. Oh and to the last poster, I'll do a message for you, it won't be the first answering machine I've done.

BTW check your halo 2 voice mail. I sent out an Arnold PSA thanking you for your support.

hgplayer1

are the stats on bungies web page updating daily? I thought they were on the fly but looking at the games list for the clan I dont see any from today even though I know we've done about a dozen. it seems like they also inverted the games list to put the most recent games on the first page instead of vice versa which is something I was hoping theyd do.

Fifty

Schmo Florez said:
Hey El Schmo here. I've been workin' on that impression forever. I've got a few more impressions I wanna try out. Live is a great way for me to practice my voices and get real opinions from people. Oh and to the last poster, I'll do a message for you, it won't be the first answering machine I've done.

BTW check your halo 2 voice mail. I sent out an Arnold PSA thanking you for your support.

You rock! :lol I was on XBL today, for the first time in a few days, and I heard them both. Awesome stuff dude.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on in 90mins if anyones keen for some clan or team skirmishing.

Sumidor

There's a few people doing the Ahnold voice on Live. Last night, I played with two different guys who did it. It was freaky, for a second I was thinking it was a voice masking thing.

Sumidor said:
There's a few people doing the Ahnold voice on Live. Last night, I played with two different guys who did it. It was freaky, for a second I was thinking it was a voice masking thing.

Don't be fooled. When you see me "El Schmo" on there you're getting the real deal.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
New RULES

1) If you are setting up a match with specific people (like the 7 on 7 match last night) make it invite only so that I dont wander into the game and get yelled at by everyone in it. Its not my fault you retards made a game anyone can join.

2) Dont send an invite to play a game to someone who is playing a DIFFERENT game on Xbox Live and then start your game 10 seconds later. If you only need 1 more person to play the game, invite other people playing Halo 2 only. Or if you are just seeing how many people you can get into a game, wait longer to start your game. I was about to fight Dark Falz on PSO last night after hours of playing but decided I would rather play Halo 2, so I quit switched games and by the time I got online (within 2 minutes tops) the game had started. 10 minutes later after I was back on PSO I got ANOTHER invite from the same people. Thanks alot.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't do so well yesterday :(.

Sembe, we won exactly half our team skirmishs. From looking at the beatings our rankings took though, you wouldn't know it..... I'm only halfway through 10 again. I was at 11 for a bit there.

3 out of 4 on big team battle though.

I also lost 2 and tied one minor clan match (that tie was bollocks, we shoulda had it.)

Really good strategy for waterworks on multi flag is to take the teleport, nab the rocket launcher and instead of going in the back door of their base, as you come out of the tunnel, jump on the large box by the wall of their base and then onto the roof, you can usually destroy the guy that is standing by their flag and if you are lucky there will be about 3 of them.

cochese

We cant win them all Catfish. Still it was great fun last night. That dude from opa age, that played with us was pretty good.

Top Bottom