• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
Bungie seriously needs to take the Snipers out of Team Slayer,games have nothing to do with who is better at killing people,it's all about grabbing the sniper or both of them then you fuckin win every time.It's starting to get lame,especially at a higher level.Oh and fix your broke ass Plasma Pistol while you're at it.

Yeah I'm starting to hate collosus now and I used to be one of the only people that liked it. Anywhere above level 12, even on multi flag, you could swear the objective is the beam rifle, not flags. I played that yesterday and ran straight for the rifle thinking I was smart, even killed the guy who beat me to it, pity their whole team arrived within one second of me killing that guy.

Sniper rifles = top priority on most maps. get it, or get them both if you can, coagualation, get rockets, hunt for other sniper on ghost.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
iD0pRimE said:
I am currenty ON, who wants to join me. :)

you gonna be on later? like 6 hours later? I'm keen for some team later on.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
catfish said:
heh, it seems the only time I ever get a sticky kill it's on my own team!
Can anyone here actually throw stickys reliably? I think that would improve my game big timeI was chasing a guy with our flag and I only had a shotgun and one plasma, I could have nailed him with a sticky easy, but I missed 4 times in a row. help required!

Play the first level on legendary. The docking bay has tons of elites and throwing grenades well becomes a top priority. Otherwise just keep on keepin on in multi.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
duderon, some excellent games this evening! we played 13 matches and lost 1, I checked those guys out and they were level 22 clan, I'm ok with that.

can you smell the 14!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
catfish said:
duderon, some excellent games this evening! we played 13 matches and lost 1, I checked those guys out and they were level 22 clan, I'm ok with that.

can you smell the 14!

The midship win gave us some room to work with, no dropping to 13 for a little longer. Highlight of the night, from the guys Donkey is referring to, after owning us on Zanzibar 2 to 0 CTF:

dudes: "We kicked the shit out of you, blah, blah"
us: *crickets*
dude: "And, i have StK Ogre 2 on my buddy list"
everyone: :lol :lol

cochese

Where you been SEMBE?

Taking alil break from Halo. Especialy since my last few times online my connection has been really crappy. So I started playing other games (mgs3) that needed to be played.

But i'll get back on friday. Hopefully my connection wont crap out on me. ha

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
duderon said:
The new clan is Neo GAF, add everyone to your friends list and play with some people. That's the best way to get in.

But I was in before. I just wasn't playing. Now that I'm playing I want to be part of the clan again. Ugh.

Ram. Hook me up man.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Truelize said:
But I was in before. I just wasn't playing. Now that I'm playing I want to be part of the clan again. Ugh.

Ram. Hook me up man.

Post a link to your bungie stats.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
game is nowhere near boring yet. they just need to fix some of the playlists.

If i play another foundation rapid assault or another team slayer burial mounds (most of the time i play, it's always like 4 times in a row!)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
foundation assault rocks. it takes probably the most team organization though and you really have to nail the opponents a couple of times running. I finally made it to level 15 in team skirmish. *happy dance*

DopeyFish

catfish said:
foundation assault rocks. it takes probably the most team organization though and you really have to nail the opponents a couple of times running. I finally made it to level 15 in team skirmish. *happy dance*

no. when i'm the bomb guy, and my team kills everyone but 1 person and i kill the last guy on the other team and i start to plant the bomb...

getting melee'd in the back of the head just because they continue to spawn in the same damn room no matter what... is ridiculous.

that instance has happened about 10 times so far.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:
getting melee'd in the back of the head just because they continue to spawn in the same damn room no matter what... is ridiculous.

that instance has happened about 10 times so far.

I'm pretty sure that you have to kill every team member because otherwise they just spawn near their surviving team mate. I know when that happened to my team we all spawned miles away from the bomb spot and I got planted on :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
catfish said:
I'm pretty sure that you have to kill every team member because otherwise they just spawn near their surviving team mate. I know when that happened to my team we all spawned miles away from the bomb spot and I got planted on :(

no, in assualt, you spawn at or near your base. unfortunately, you ALWAYS spawn at the base in foundation assualt, making scoring VERY hard.

dopey, i'll trade your luck for mine. i'd love to play more on foundation and burial mounds, as i play ivory towers 75% of the time and midship the other 25% ;)

hgplayer1

op_ivy said:
no, in assualt, you spawn at or near your base. unfortunately, you ALWAYS spawn at the base in foundation assualt, making scoring VERY hard.

dopey, i'll trade your luck for mine. i'd love to play more on foundation and burial mounds, as i play ivory towers 75% of the time and midship the other 25% ;)

from what I remember, you almost never spawn in the room where the bomb is planted in assault on foundation. it seems like every time Ive played and we managed to clear the room out to plant the bomb, the other team always has to come into the room to try to get us. I dont ever remember having problems with the other team spawning right behind me. maybe if youre planting and theres still one guy in the room?

DopeyFish

Neo GAF now ranked 307 in major clan match

for example: the team that whupped us on burial mounds were ranked 35

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Me, Duderon and Ramirez rocked last night, we raised minor clan to level 13. played 10, lost none, drew about 3.

I started feeling bad for the competition and sucked really bad on our final game getting a grand total of 3 kills and 9 deaths, but ramirez wasn't having it and planted the bomb as well as racking up something like 25 kills.

Best game was a 3-2 win on collossus. The beam is to overpowered on that level.

These guys were actually ahead of us until the last flag and I think they matched us for kills. best quote from them at the end of the game

"Fuck we got owned by a bunch of noobs" :lol

How do you find out or clans position?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hgplayer1 said:
from what I remember, you almost never spawn in the room where the bomb is planted in assault on foundation. it seems like every time Ive played and we managed to clear the room out to plant the bomb, the other team always has to come into the room to try to get us. I dont ever remember having problems with the other team spawning right behind me. maybe if youre planting and theres still one guy in the room?

i could be wrong... i've only played the damn map/gamemode once. damn playlists! :lol

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
catfish said:
Me, Duderon and Ramirez rocked last night, we raised minor clan to level 13. played 10, lost none, drew about 3.

I started feeling bad for the competition and sucked really bad on our final game getting a grand total of 3 kills and 9 deaths, but ramirez wasn't having it and planted the bomb as well as racking up something like 25 kills.

Best game was a 3-2 win on collossus. The beam is to overpowered on that level.

These guys were actually ahead of us until the last flag and I think they matched us for kills. best quote from them at the end of the game

"Fuck we got owned by a bunch of noobs" :lol

How do you find out or clans position?

It was a great run and the ratio of assholes to respectful players was about 50/50 i'd say. To find our position, go to the scoreboards on the stats front page and sift through them all until you find our level. We were 320 in major clan when i checked last night. We haven't made it on minor yet.

DopeyFish

which is true ;P

i have thrown my controller before

during that last match i think i broke some bloodvessels in my hand :lol

good times good times

Ironclad

DopeyFish said:
which is true ;P

i have thrown my controller before

during that last match i think i broke some bloodvessels in my hand :lol

good times good times
Somtimes when we play, I can almost swear that I can hear that vein in your head throbbing. Count to ten man, it helps.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ramirez said:
Well after losing my 16 in Team Slayer yesterday for like the 9th time due to dumbass teammates I wanted to break the game :(

I can't believe you still play with matched people. I refuse, it's all about rumble pit until i see some of you guys on.

hgplayer1

Ramirez said:
Well after losing my 16 in Team Slayer yesterday for like the 9th time due to dumbass teammates I wanted to break the game :(

16? try 11. I went from like 11 to 9 and back to 11 again in the last week or so. most of what caused me to drop back to 9 was because I was playing with my brother and cousin a lot for 2 or 3 nights and they arent very good. Ive played with Prine quite a bit lately though and we have pretty good luck finding either other GA people or picking up at least one decent player. its a real toss up when I go into TS alone. maybe you should take a break until me and Prine can get up to around 14 and then we can start getting together for some TS. :D

Nutter

Ramirez said:

Next time wait for some actual player/s to come online(i.e ME) before you jump into Ranked matches. :D

Ramirez

Heh...Me,Prine,Sicher, & Prine won like 7-8 or maybe more TS games in a row I believe,then towards the end it was just me and HG.In our final 2 games I think I got 4-5 kills one game and he got 4-5 kills the next,we concluded it was time to quit ;)

Least Im back up to 16!Although I'd say Im only one loss away from going back down :lol

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I'd just like to say one thing that bugs me about a lot of you guys is that whenever we're in the lobby and are about to play a higher ranked team/player some one says "shit a 16" or "level 17 huh". These guys are not any better then us.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=60076880&player=duderon

The dude that won had to get a killtacular to beat me.

Next time we're in the lobby getting ready to play get psyched up and ready to win, instead of having a losing mentality to begin with.

Ramirez

Ain't that the truth...it isn't like those guys can carry 2 snipers in both hands and run faster than you :lol

Lost my 16 again!I honest to God don't know how people get up to 17,18,etc. I won like 6 games today before I joined up with Nutter,then we won most of ours and I lose like 2 games and I go down,makes no sense.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ramirez said:
Ain't that the truth...it isn't like those guys can carry 2 snipers in both hands and run faster than you :lol

Lost my 16 again!I honest to God don't know how people get up to 17,18,etc. I won like 6 games today before I joined up with Nutter,then we won most of ours and I lose like 2 games and I go down,makes no sense.

If you played with the same 4 people everyday, there's no doubt you'd be up there too.

Nutter

Ramirez said:

Sorry man, 2 of those losses came from me inviting those other dudes. Shouldnt have done that; we were winning before they joined us

If it makes you feel any better i was almost 16 at one point(three weeks ago) now i am about to lose 13(my highest level.):(

Top Bottom