• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

Sumidor

Yeah, there seems to be someone always getting betrayed per game, when I play with you guys. I think in one game, I heard about "BETRAYED" a few times within a few seconds of each other...

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Highlight of last night after a decent win.

Psycho/Cubsfan: owned
dudes on other team: WTF you didn't own us it was 4 on 3
Psycho: Owned
dudes: Shut the fuck up, blah, blah, blah...
Psycho: gaming-age.com
dudes: WTF?! Did you just plug your website?!!
me: :lol

Cubsfan23

Banned
duderon said:

:lol :lol Yeah I think I even said that my site was struggling and I needed hits.

impirius

You guys wanna add me to your Friends lists? I just created this Live account, and playing with random people is the dumps.

Gamertag: impiriusC

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
duderon said:

:lol

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
DopeyFish said:
im now curious how screwed up the clan rankings are now...

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=45090567&clan=TERROR SQUAD13

I'm curious... who won this match? o_O

they have tons of other matches like this too... and i'm guessing it's how they became #1 in minor clan matches.

That's some stupid shit, exploiting another bungie glitch.

Anyway...

Halo 2 - Xbox Live Statistics
(last 24 hrs)

Unique Players: 371,281
Matches Logged: 658,350
Players Online: 106,098

106k the most ever? And at 2:00 AM Eastern none the less.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
DopeyFish said:
Mr. Lemming, op ivy... where are youuuuu :(

here *raises hand

maybe i'll jump on for a bit tonight. its been sooo long now...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
op_ivy said:
here *raises hand

maybe i'll jump on for a bit tonight. its been sooo long now...

i also invited fuji so if you both wanted to join and play together (since he doesn't like OA clan anymore) then you could

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
I hate braggin on myself,but this one even got me a little surprised.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=kills&gameid=46933752&player=DaAnswer3

41 kills in a standard time limit Team Skirmish match :p

Plus I gotta another Killtacular with the Sniper on Ivory Tower earlier tonight :D

That was friggin sweet, I remember thinkin *why aren't these level 16 dudes doing better, I know I'm not doing that well.....*

I also remember thinking "shit thats about the 3rd time Ramirez has taken that sword from under my nose, damnit :lol"

hgplayer1

Ramirez is notorious for stealing the weapons you want from under you. I just got to where if Im going to grab a particular weapon I look around to make sure hes not already coming to get it before I actually pick it up.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
duderon said:
Fuckin cheaters..

GOD DAMN CHEATING BASTARDS!

Fuck glitchers. fuck them up their stupid asses.

God that conversation was moronic "DUDES BUNGIE CAN'T BAN US LALALA"

none of them could answer the "what fun is glitching"? question. "DUR THAT GUY 69's DONKEYS"

Congratulations STORMTROOPER10, my name is supposed to be fuckin stupid, now go play with your starwars toys.

OK HERE IS A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE DUMMY CHEAT, Its how they got it so many times so fast on coagulation against us, I knew how to do the basic cheat, but I didn't realise you could do 3 straight captures with only setting up the glitch once. THIS BLOWS. Posted from Bungie net.

Oh and if anyone trys this crap in a clan match from our clan, I'm booting them until Nutter boots me.

After being dummy-cheated on in Big Team Battles 5 times in the past two weeks, my friend and I decided to learn how to do it.

More people should know how this is done, so that if it is ever done against them, or if someone on their team does it, they'll know to leave feedback for cheating right away.

Below is a description of one way the dummy-cheat is used to win in CTF matches. The example will be for Coagulation, but the same principles can be applied to any map with a warthog.

The person who will be dummied must be an elite. The elite gets into the passenger seat of the hog, and his assistant drives the hog underneath their base.

The assistant must position the hog so that when the elite gets out of the passenger seat, he will float up the blue lift to the base's main floor.

The elite presses 'X' to get out of the hog, but cancels the exit animation by continuously pressing the melee button (default is 'B'). Try pressing melee near the end of the animation. The elite must not stop meleeing.

The elite keeps asking the assistant, "Where am I? Did I float up the blue thing?" or the assistant asks the elite, "I saw you float up; are you still in the hog?"

When the dummy has been made, on the assistant's screen, there should be no one in the passenger seat of the hog, and the assistant should see the elite's standing on the base's main floor right at the flag plant.

On other maps, the assistant sees the elite meleeing outside of the hog, but on the elite's screen, he's still sitting in the hog.

On the elite's screen, he is still inside the hog continuously meleeing. The elite should not stop meleeing or he'll exit the hog.

The assistant drives the hog to the basement of the enemy base. On his screen, he has no passenger, but on the elite's screen, he is in the passenger seat still meleeing to stop the exit animation.

At this point, the assistant and the elite must use team-speak to talk to each other since in reality, they are far apart. The elite's real body is back at the home base mainfloor, and the assistant is off at the other side of the map driving the hog to the enemy basement.

The assistant positions the hog in the enemy basement so that if a passenger got out, he'd get floated up to the enemy base mainfloor. The elite should communicate to the assistant if he thinks he's not in the right position to float up.

When the hog is positioned correctly, the elite stops meleeing. On the elite's screen, he gets out of the hog, and goes up the enemy's blue lift, landing right at the enemy flag.

The elite should NOT move or crouch. Don't move your stick to move forward, back, or strafe side to side, or crouch. If you do, you'll get teleported back to your real body on the mainfloor of your base.

The enemy can't see the elite's dummy standing right at their flag. The elite presses 'X' to grab the enemy flag, and instantly scores a flag capture, since the elite's real body is at his base's flag plant.

When the enemy flag respawns, the elite dummy just grabs the flag again to score. The elite keeps doing this until his team wins the game.

The elite's team should protect the elite's real body at the mainfloor of their base. Don't let the body get hit, killed, or moved.

The elite must remember that his teammates can't see where his dummy is. The elite must communicate to his teammates where he is. In other maps where it's hard for the dummy to get right at the flag, this is crucial.

Now that you know one way to dummy-cheat, you can better defend against it and its variations, or spot them being used, and report the guilty parties at the post-game screen.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
catfish said:
GOD DAMN CHEATING BASTARDS!

Fuck glitchers. fuck them up their stupid asses.

God that conversation was moronic "DUDES BUNGIE CAN'T BAN US LALALA"

none of them could answer the "what fun is glitching"? question. "DUR THAT GUY 69's DONKEYS"

Congratulations STORMTROOPER10, my name is supposed to be fuckin stupid, now go play with your starwars toys.

OK HERE IS A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE DUMMY CHEAT, Its how they got it so many times so fast on coagulation against us, I knew how to do the basic cheat, but I didn't realise you could do 3 straight captures with only setting up the glitch once. THIS BLOWS. Posted from Bungie net.

Oh and if anyone trys this crap in a clan match from our clan, I'm booting them until Nutter boots me.

I guess I'm getting booted. I don't know about anyone else but I want to be competitive and If having do to the dummy glitch is necessary, I will not hesitate to do it. Dummying isn't bannable, so it's only fair game. Evolve or die.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Cerrius said:
I guess I'm getting booted. I don't know about anyone else but I want to be competitive and If having do to the dummy glitch is necessary, I will not hesitate to do it. Dummying isn't bannable, so it's only fair game. Evolve or die.

See ya.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Just got a one second win in teamball. I'd like to see the looks on the dudes faces we beat, cause we were down the whole game :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Cerrius said:

No offense but it's people like you who are ruining this game. Unacceptable excuse

I haven't played Halo 2 for like the entire week and I'm afraid to go online now :| Fucking Bungie...fix it or I'll sell this game

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wario64 said:
No offense but it's people like you who are ruining this game. Unacceptable excuse

I haven't played Halo 2 for like the entire week and I'm afraid to go online now :| Fucking Bungie...fix it or I'll sell this game

how bad is the cheating in rumble pit?

strikeselect

Wario64 said:

Oh really, am I ruining this game because I want to be competitive? I'm sick and tired just like all of you of this glitch but that doesn't mean I'm going to stand around and whine (which'll get you nowhere according to Bungie). Glitches and tricks are discovered all the time in online FPS, whether it be certain positions on maps that are hard to get to, or dummy glitches whatever. I've played countless of PC FPS and it's either evolve or die on there, not the whining and dick sucking everyone gives to Bungie on Xbox Live. If Bungie would've actually stopped the fuckers who started this whole mess than I wouldn't have resorted to learning this glitch and using it. Bungie has said there are no consequences to using this glitch and "takes just the same amount of teamwork to pull off as a real flag capture". Until Bungie patches the game I will continue to use this glitch, and I will continue to learn ways to defend AGAINST it, not sit here and whine about how it's so "cheap" and "unfair", nah I'm done with that.
So learn the glitch, learn how to defend it, and PLAY.

If the Neo-GAF overlord, staff, or whoever has power to kick out of the clan wants to remove me, I'm fine with that.

Ramirez

Man,fuck that,I'm not cheating to be competitive.This whole dummy glitch bullshit has nothing to do with being skilled and I might as well go throw my 50 dollars I used to buy Halo 2 into the fucking river.

It's really sad how Bungie seems to just be encouraging this shit by not fixing it,extremely lame.

strikeselect

Ramirez said:
Man,fuck that,I'm not cheating to be competitive.This whole dummy glitch bullshit has nothing to do with being skilled and I might as well go throw my 50 dollars I used to buy Halo 2 into the fucking river.

It's really sad how Bungie seems to just be encouraging this shit by not fixing it,extremely lame.

You hate it, and I hate it, but it's necessary to stay competitive.

Ramirez

Like I said,if you're gonna do the glitch there is absolutely no fucking reason to play the game,it's not competitive because cheating takes absolutely no game skills which is what I would consider competitive.

Nutter

What i want to know is; can we kill the supposed "Dummy"?

And as for my take regarding cheating; Neo-Gaf will NOT support cheating/cheaters.
If bungie starts banning people for cheating then i dont want to lose any members.

BUT

IF we start to lose our clan games everynight because of cheating; then i think we will have to reevaluate our stance on our clan members using the cheat.

hgplayer1

from what I read in the above post, using Coagulation as an example, all you have to do is kill the warthog and problem solved, right? the only way to do this glitch is to allow the warthog into the basement of your base, right? block the damn entrance with the banshee! gather plenty of nades and wait for them bitches to bring that thing to the back door. especially if you cant see a passenger in the hog, you better take it out. if you see someone in the passenger seat then theres no glitch being used, right? play on like normal. I dont ever plan on using this glitch in any ranked game. its too bad you dont have any control over which clan you play. people simply have to start using the feedback feature and hope it produces some results.

hgplayer1

iD0pRimE said:

And as for my take regarding cheating; Neo-Gaf will NOT support cheating/cheaters.
If bungie starts banning people for cheating then i dont want to lose any members.

BUT

IF we start to lose our clan games everynight because of cheating; then i think we will have to reevaluate our stance on our clan members using the cheat.

it says in that explanation that you can kill the dummy but you have to go find it. most likely it will be at the flag spawn of the other teams base but really it could be anywhere.

op_ivy

hgplayer1 said:
from what I read in the above post, using Coagulation as an example, all you have to do is kill the warthog and problem solved, right? the only way to do this glitch is to allow the warthog into the basement of your base, right? block the damn entrance with the banshee! gather plenty of nades and wait for them bitches to bring that thing to the back door. especially if you cant see a passenger in the hog, you better take it out. if you see someone in the passenger seat then theres no glitch being used, right? play on like normal. I dont ever plan on using this glitch in any ranked game. its too bad you dont have any control over which clan you play. people simply have to start using the feedback feature and hope it produces some results.

i dunno. dopey and i played a game on burial mounds against some guys earlier. they took a warthog through the tunnel, which was blown to peices by grenades. maybe 30 seconds later, dopey was assisinated, we heard "flag captured", then just a second or two after that, they scored....

op_ivy

iD0pRimE said:
the way to stop this, is to get the rocket launcher and destory ALL their vehicles. That way, it will delay there time to do it, and always try to keep on destroying it so they cant do it, have 2 people keep on destorying them..its the only way to stop this from happening

how fun is that?

hgplayer1

op_ivy said:
i dunno. dopey and i played a game on burial mounds against some guys earlier. they took a warthog through the tunnel, which was blown to peices by grenades. maybe 30 seconds later, dopey was assisinated, we heard "flag captured", then just a second or two after that, they scored....

crap, this game is going to the shitter FAST! it never ceases to amaze me how many little bitches are willing to glitch their way to a win.

strikeselect

iD0pRimE said:

BUT

The thing is Bungie will not ban people who use glitches in the game. The ONLY cheat that is ban worthy is the standby cheat since it is a direct terms of violation with Xbox Live. So it really depends what "cheating" you're talking about. Will you kick members out for what Bungie considers cheating or what you consider cheating?

op_ivy

hgplayer1 said:
crap, this game is going to the shitter FAST! it never ceases to amaze me how many little bitches are willing to glitch their way to a win.

actually, i think we still ended up winning :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
the way to stop the dummy cheat is to kill the cheaters real body. In coagulation you will find him most times standing right on top of the flag caputure spot at his base, I did this to the guys that were glitching us when we gave them shit after the game. It is very important to guard the banshee room now, because if a warthog gets in there, the dummy gets out and is lifted up the blue lift right onto your flag without him needing to move, so he pushes x 3 times and if his real body is on top of the flag capture spot at home, then it will take about 6 seconds for him to win the game from start to finish.

Best ways to tell if the glitch is being attempted, warthog keeps turning up with 1 driver and no passengers and you are playing against elites, if this happens, send someone to the base immediately and keep attempting spawn kills, any elites not moving then kill them.

If you kill the warthogs, the dummy will still be standing wherever the warthog is destroyed....

I'm not going to be booting people I hear of using the glitch, but If I'm in a game with you, bye-bye. I'm probably not going to be so sad about it if it's in retaliation to having it done to us when we are on defense. But that other day when we were playing Cerrius, you actually cost us the game because you were trying that dummy shit when we were on defense, it essentially equaled 3 vs 4 and they were not glitching and they won. We also couldn't mount a proper offense because you were trying to work the glitch and once again 3 vs 4.

So yeah, if anyone glitches with me on their team unprovoked (as in not in retaliation), then bye-bye clan membership. oh and you will probably have a quitter to deal with as well, because I could be using the time it takes to get pissed off at my team members to search for a game with no cheaters, which still exist by the way.

I say everyone practice the glitch in a custom game, know the ins and outs of it so you can recognise whats going on so we can combat it in ranked games, I'll be happy to show anyone how it works.

Evolve or die is true, but evolve doesn't equal - Become a cheating jerkoff as well. Evolve = Get smarter than glitchers.

strikeselect

But that other day when we were playing Cerrius, you actually cost us the game because you were trying that dummy shit when we were on defense, it essentially equaled 3 vs 4 and they were not glitching and they won. We also couldn't mount a proper offense because you were trying to work the glitch and once again 3 vs 4.

3 vs. 4 huh? Explain to me catfish, how can I make a one-man dummy, or did you conveniently forget that PRINE was in the act as well? BTW I never attempted it on defense

So yeah, if anyone glitches with me on their team unprovoked (as in not in retaliation), then bye-bye clan membership.

That's ok, I'll probably quit the clan, since using a glitch that the game's own developer allows = teh bad.

Evolve or die is true, but evolve doesn't equal - Become a cheating jerkoff as well. Evolve = Get smarter than glitchers.

I understand this glitch is "cheap" if you don't understand how to defend against it but I would hardly consider it cheating though since both teams can utilize the glitch, but whether or not you want to is your decision. Evolve = Knowing what your opponent does, know how to defend it. If they're using the glitch as well, fight fire with fire or do you suggest packing up a warthog and rush the base on offense, only to give the rocket launcher guy on the opposing team a triple kill?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Cerrius said:
3 vs. 4 huh? Explain to me catfish, how can I make a one-man dummy, or did you conveniently forget that PRINE was in the act as well? BTW I never attempted it on defense

Cmon cerrius, we spent most of that match saying "fuck the glitch let's just play" and I'm pretty sure it was PRINE saying that cause you know HE TALKS FUNNY.

taking a warthog doesn't always = a triple kill for the other team, not if you have a sniper covering the rockets....

Nutter

Cerrius!

No one will kick you out of the clan, but DO NOT attempt to cheat unless cheated upon is what me and donkey are saying.

strikeselect

catfish said:
Cmon cerrius, we spent most of that match saying "fuck the glitch let's just play" and I'm pretty sure it was PRINE saying that cause you know HE TALKS FUNNY.

taking a warthog doesn't always = a triple kill for the other team, not if you have a sniper covering the rockets....

If I remember correctly, it was on Burial Mounds and he attempted 2 times to get my invisible copy to the other base but he screwed up both times. He went through the left side the first time which resulted in difficulty getting the warthog on top of the enemy flag, the second time the warthog flipped over and my copy fell out of the warthog. After those 2 times, is when he said "fuck it, lets just play" that's when you chimed in along with him.
As for the sniper covering rockets comment, it's extremely rare to be on offense and be able to get the rockets if the team on defense rushes it (which they do 90% of the time).
Of course this is all with Burial Mounds in mind, but different situations apply to different maps.

Top Bottom