• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

Nutter

Yeah no BTB or MC for now. Donkey you have a router or a hub? you can still play games on XBC. Also Rameriz your ban up yet?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
Where's that Stinkles dude who posts here,I'd like some fucking proof,we all know its bullshit anyways.

How do we write to bungie to be included in the What's update?

I think if we draft up an email, stick it in here explaining what we are pissed about, then every member fires off the email from their account, maybe they will tell us who the 'cheater' is. Or at least explain it. But when I lag out it's noticable for me big time, I have to stop playing to go turn off the uploads my flattie is doing, so It can't be that surely.

*drums fingers nervously...

Does stinkles work there or something? These banning seem random and bullshit. I think the lady that told me mine and Dopeys were for "Potty mouth" was full of it now. But it's weird, because I have played a few games with just me and Dopey, and we never lag....

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
uh guys. it's all on feedback. I'd urge you not to play any game against anybody you don't know.

There's so many retarded asshats out there that are ruining live

oh and swearing will get you voice banned, not banned.
It's the dumb people that keep leaving us cheating feedback for no reason whatsoever.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:
uh guys. it's all on feedback. I'd urge you not to play any game against anybody you don't know.

UGH serious? this blows. I mean this really sucks. But is that a definate?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
catfish said:
UGH serious? this blows. I mean this really sucks. But is that a definate?

Yeah, pretty much. We accumulated all that bad feedback from those few Big Team/Major Clan games. Bungie looks at it, "hmm that's a shitload of bad feedback BANNED"

Sucks but that's how its gotta work. We just can't play in large groups for now, is all.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:
btw for those of you who don't know...

Stinkles is Frankie

http://www.bungie.net/Fragdoodz/stinkles_profile.htm (i might be shot, but it's their fault for not hiding the open invitation ;) )

Thanks dopey, I'll PM him then. heres my pm on the bungie board....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Frankie,

So I'm banned, again which would be fine, if I knew why :( Microsoft doesn't tell me what i've done "Sir we cannot give you that information" and the ban is a week long this time. The problem being is that we are all reasonable guys (I'm talking about my clan) and we aren't the typical jerks that require a banning, we don't even talk to idiots online. I'm 25, my modem sit's in another room and I don't care enough about my rank to standby cheat. (although it ticks me off when I get standby cheated out of my hard earned level 16). So can you shed some light? I really don't want to get hit with a credit card ban etc, especially since I am "playing ball"

Also a serious question about this standby business, I am in a flatting situation and when I play (from New Zealand) I share a 10mb down 2 mbt up connection with some others, which is lovely and quick and lag free for the most part. Now when my house mate is sitting there seeding 10 crap episodes of some obscure japanese cartoon, my connection lags all to hell. PLEASE PLEASE tell me that bungie/MS can tell the difference between this and a standby cheater by looking at the net data. This isn't a pleasant experience for me so it's quickly curbed while I'm playing (I mean I lag so bad I have to immediately either stop him seeding or quit playing). But if I am getting my clan banned due to it appearing that we are cheaters, then I guess I have to quit playing and paying for your game until your netcode is patched.

My gamertag is Donkey69 (which admittedly I didn't think very hard about when I chose it) and I play with the clan NEO GAF. We are from the gaming-age forums, you could read a rant in the online forum that is getting pretty heated since the bannings as none of us use to many naughty words (except against each other in custom games of course).

Is it possible your feeback system is being abused by negative feedback spammers?

Fingers crossed for a response.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'll send it to Stinkles too then.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
All the bans have been automatic system feedback bans. The system relies on community and people to share awareness of peoples playing tendencies. Unfortunately the community of Halo 2 (thanks to Clans/ELO rank matchmaking) everyone is out to get everyone else. People will leave feedback for ANYTHING, EVERYTHING and even for nothing at all! (I bet if someone will look at my feedback stats, the majority is probably for cheating... which cheating isn't something i do)

They aren't banning because of network problems. As Network problems are hard to even put into pattern and whatnot, they aren't really going there. There are people to this day trying to connect to Xbox live with the bare minimum which for some games isn't that good especially when you start going into large matches.

The system is messed. It might have seemed like a good idea when Xbox Live was still in the making, but after it's first major stress test the system has failed extravagantly.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be keen for some *checks date*

forget it....

Ouch man I don't get to play till fucking saturday. I need time to adjust to those crazy new rules everbody is pimping. Which I like, but a SMG secondary would be nice. think in those first few games I never got to dual wield ANYTHING. maybe have to change my psychology, but picking up a single plasma rifle just feels wrong....

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
oh sweet. Got a reply from frankie at the bungie net site.

Basically he said

The feedback system is a large matrix, lot's of feedback from 1 person or group doesn't work, need feedback from many people over many games. Just don't swear on xbox live etc etc, also yes net guys can discern between a laggy game and a standby cheater (so my Lord of the rings connection can be ruled out :lol). He also said "And I suspect fixes will happen sooner rather than later."

Odd that the only game I ever play is Halo 2 though so that broad range of games thing is possibly not correct.

So yeah, we all got a feedback banning :( At least we can slag of microsoft and not bungie now......

Nutter

Whats with you people not accepting Invites? i probably sent out 20 invites to Rameriz, HG, Prine, ect and not one replied. :/

Also in other news me, cerrius and games4life got cheated on today in skirmish where the other team not only lag cheated for planting the bomb but they also lag cheated to bring our Game time down from 2 min to 20 sec. after the game us three sent bad feedback to the cheaters for about 7 min straight. :lol

Trasher

Good gaming tonight GAF. At first it sucked when we were playing with 12 people and everyone was dropping. We need to stick to 4v4's i think. We must all live too far from each other or something to keep a good connection going :(

LukeSmith

"They need to have like a middle team battle." - Ramirez
"What with like 5 or 6 people?" - Scoot
"Yeah, 5 or 6, middle team battle." - Ramirez

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Scoot said:
"They need to have like a middle team battle." - Ramirez
"What with like 5 or 6 people?" - Scoot
"Yeah, 5 or 6, middle team battle." - Ramirez

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

It was donkey's idea too. Who the hell agrees with donkey? ;)

Scoot, your laugh is contageous, whenever i hear it i can't help but crackup :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
*ahem*

duderon said:

Oh ho, watch out next time you step through a teleporter on Beaver creek pal! :lol

Anyways, if you guys get friends requests from Bing Bong2, thats my 'Donkeys banned again' account. It's really my flatmates, but I'll use nutters brothers scheme of switching to my gold swirly when it's me playing. I can't go a week with you guys all getting practised on this no radar business :(

I really regret calling myself donkey69 now. Fuckwits gravitate towards it and just want to yell at me. I'm an enormous feedback target.

hmmmm, "feedback target" Now theres a gamertag!

I'll be on early NZ time tomorrrow anyway, should catch a few of you.

medium team battle is the best idea ever.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Pudding Tame said:
Is there a clan for GAFers in Japan, I'd like to be in a clan where most of the people are awake the same time I am.

Nope there isn't, you'd be better off trying to play with people in this clan whenever you can. Donkey and apex are in New Zealand, so you might want to ask them for advice on how they work their schedule to play with us.

LukeSmith

duderon said:

Scoot, your laugh is contageous, whenever i hear it i can't help but crackup :lol

Uh, did Duderon just hit on me?

Anyway, today is the long rape at the magazine, so I won't be home till like midnight/midnight-thirty, so if you guys are still going to be up then, I'll be ready for some games before I nyquil and go to bed.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
hey one of you NEO GAF'ers send a clan invite to bing bong2 please? I don't want to go through the whole adding you all individually as friends to my spare account till my ban lifts.

Trasher

Scoot said:
Anyway, today is the long rape at the magazine, so I won't be home till like midnight/midnight-thirty, so if you guys are still going to be up then, I'll be ready for some games before I nyquil and go to bed.

Since Scoot is gonna be absent tonight, I will take over and make the MLG gametypes. Anyone up for some more good games tonight?

Nutter

catfish said:
hey one of you NEO GAF'ers send a clan invite to bing bong2 please? I don't want to go through the whole adding you all individually as friends to my spare account till my ban lifts.
Ill send you the invite as soon as i get home, unless someone else has already sent you one.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Scoot said:
Uh, did Duderon just hit on me?

*winks*

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Trasher said:
Since Scoot is gonna be absent tonight, I will take over and make the MLG gametypes. Anyone up for some more good games tonight?

Yes, I would like some more Colossus Team Snipers. The kills on that mode are so satisfying, especially if your opponent does a backflip after you nail him in the head. :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Cerrius said:
Yes, I would like some more Colossus Team Snipers. The kills on that mode are so satisfying, especially if your opponent does a backflip after you nail him in the head. :lol

I'll play! man will I play. what time is tonight in terms of hours from this post? I'm on in roughly 7 hours from now. hopefully some of you are on.

Also. I suck balls at snipers mode. sorry in advance team. I'll try and hide!

LukeSmith

catfish said:
I'll play! man will I play. what time is tonight in terms of hours from this post? I'm on in roughly 7 hours from now. hopefully some of you are on.

Also. I suck balls at snipers mode. sorry in advance team. I'll try and hide!

Catfish, they'll be on likely 7 hours from now, doing something. Trasher will probably have to sleep around then, but I'll be home about 8 hours from the time of this post and if people are still up and playing, I'll set up a room.

WTF, did anyone else hear that Ironclad gave up Halo 2? Lies, right?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Scoot said:
WTF, did anyone else hear that Ironclad gave up Halo 2? Lies, right?

:lol

Is he in trouble with his mum or something? We demand answers Ironclad. where did you hear that scoot?

LukeSmith

catfish said:
:lol

Is he in trouble with his mum or something? We demand answers Ironclad. where did you hear that scoot?

Ramirez or NutterButter said something yesterday after Ironclad may have been on the end of a RAAAAAPE.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Ironclad better not have quit Halo 2. I love sniping him over and over until he gets offline to play Minish Cap. I'll probably be on in a few hours. I expect another late night of Halo 2.

number386

Pudding Tame said:
Is there a clan for GAFers in Japan, I'd like to be in a clan where most of the people are awake the same time I am.

Dcharlie plays, See if you can join up with him I think he's ina clan.

Big team battle is a nightmare I've been trying to pump my level but I'm always place in the quitter team it seems every game at least one person in my team quits. =/

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Flying Llama said:
Dcharlie plays, See if you can join up with him I think he's ina clan.

Big team battle is a nightmare I've been trying to pump my level but I'm always place in the quitter team it seems every game at least one person in my team quits. =/

forget BTB It's nonsense. Impossible to co-ordinate anything and you'll make yourself a negative feedback target against disgruntled laggers that are to stupid to realise that 16 players means lag and not standby cheaters.

LukeSmith

catfish said:
forget BTB It's nonsense. Impossible to co-ordinate anything and you'll make yourself a negative feedback target against disgruntled laggers that are to stupid to realise that 16 players means lag and not standby cheaters.

Or if you chose Donkey69 as your tag ;)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Scoot said:
Or if you chose Donkey69 as your tag ;)

I used to name myself that in halo 1 to piss off my system link buddies, thought it would be funny for the 2 month free trial, then it rolled over to the year..... Turns out it works to well at pissing people off and they remember me after the game. Which sucks, I am so not rude online.

LukeSmith

catfish said:
I used to name myself that in halo 1 to piss off my system link buddies, thought it would be funny for the 2 month free trial, then it rolled over to the year..... Turns out it works to well at pissing people off and they remember me after the game. Which sucks, I am so not rude online.

Yeah, you'd be amazed at how many people yell, sqeak and chant my name in the pregame lobby TJ Scoot. It has some weird property that makes people like hearing it. Or misreading it: "I GOT TJ SCOTT"

Nice, english your third language?

Top Bottom