• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
I have a few quick questions for all the Halo 2 players on GAF

1) What sensitivity do you use?

For the longest time I switched between 5-6 as it just felt right with my style of play. Recently I switched to 10 (as recommended by fellow Team Jesus member Trasher) and so far I have been loving the results. Melees and sword kills are a bit harder to pull off but I've noticed better accuracy with the insane setting.

How far can you get on Legendary?

Heroic was rather easy but Legendary kicked my @$$ within minutes. The hanger section of "Cairo Station" drove me nuts. I was stuck on it for months. This week I finally managed to beat that part and the rest of the game hasn't been nearly as challenging. I think Bungie intenionally made that level difficult in an effort to discourage the weaksauce Master Chiefs. As of today I'm on the level "The Arbiter."

If you could select only one map from Halo 1 to be part of the next content download, which vintage map would be your choice?

Hang 'em High. God I miss that map.

Who's going to be on today?

Duderon, I expect to see you on. :D Sell your school books on eBay and get on XBL.

Ramirez

1)Default
2)The theater like area with all the snipers on Earth,although I don't really play campaign that often,only when Im extremely bored.
3)Sidewinder
4)I might be on a little bit,but I'd say Ill be on MVP for the majority of the day :p

LukeSmith

1. look sensitivity: last night it was at 6. the night before 5. last week it was at 10. my battle rifle is better at 5-6, but my sniper is better at 10 (halo's autoaim and netcode rules). I don't know, it's an ongoing experiment.

2. The bridge level, just after the ampitheater of snipers before the ampitheater of ghosts.

3. Hang 'Em High. God that level pwned.

4. As soon as I'm out of work (where I am now), I'll be on for some of the night, I've gotta do a couple hours with Shadow of Rome tonight for review.

Desperado

-Was at 10 but I changed it to 8 a few days ago

-nowhere, I haven't even beaten campaign on normal. too damn lazy.

-HANG 'EM HIGH

- now

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Sensitivity

I played halo1 on 10 all the time. Did that for H2 but found it to high when I was in a good fight with decent people I would sometimes get "lost" up close then get a melee in the head for it. Now I sit it at 6 I think.

sod all on legendary, haven't even played the campaign in english I don't think. *snigger*

probably rat race. I don't know why but I loved that level for team slayer.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
1. Default (3 i think)

2. Beat Legendary twice.

3. Hang' em High, although i have never beaten/don't own the original halo

4. Probably not going to be on tonight, mini project due and midterm tomorrow :(

1. 5 i think.
2. I beat the game on normal and heroic already, I dont have time for legendary.
3. Sidewinder and Hang em High
4. Was on for like 20 minutes earlier but thats it, dont have time for halo 2 today.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Stumbled onto the MLG forums and watched the OGRES and other StK dudes montages. All i can say is sweep sniping, combo using, sword whores.

THESE DUDES ARE FUCKING AMAZING.

Ramirez

The guys are good no doubt,but most of the montages I've watched have been in rumble training and the one sniper vid I watched the score was 250 to 200 I believe.Anyone could get stuff worth filming if you played to that score :lol

Not saying they're not good,just that probably half of us could have montages just as silly if we taped our games,especially in Rumble Training,hell I had a 3 triple,6 double, 8 sticky game the other day in rumble training :p

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ramirez said:
The guys are good no doubt,but most of the montages I've watched have been in rumble training and the one sniper vid I watched the score was 250 to 200 I believe.Anyone could get stuff worth filming if you played to that score :lol

Not saying they're not good,just that probably half of us could have montages just as silly if we taped our games,especially in Rumble Training,hell I had a 3 triple,6 double, 8 sticky game the other day in rumble training :p

Go to the MLG forums, click on the video montage section. Obtain the OGRES montage and Hotshy's. They're doing this stuff against each other which makes it all the more amazing.

LukeSmith

duderon said:
Go to the MLG forums, click on the video montage section. Obtain the OGRES montage and Hotshy's. They're doing this stuff against each other which makes it all the more amazing.

Yeah the thing is, the guys the Ogres play against in their montages are all other pros. It's not like Ripp0n's video where he was recording rumble training. The Ogres and Hotshy (Walshy) are all absolutely sick.

In this one montage (the combined Ogre one) one of the Ogres is near the sniper tower in lockout and three guys come up for him, simultaneously up the back ramp. He plasma pistols one and jumps back and immediately throws a grenade, his nade hits the other two on the ramp and he BRs them in the head and then BRs the guy he PP'd a couple of seconds earlier.
Stuff like that on the montages impress me way more than stickies and swipe sniping. Hell, I can watch TJ Bennett and Trasher or my own screen and see Swipe sniping.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
How about Hotshy's killtacular on beaver creek from across the map with a battle rifle :O

btw, what are they doing when the move their joystick around in a circle? Does it serve a purpose or is it just showing off?

LukeSmith

duderon said:
How about Hotshy's killtacular on beaver creek from across the map with a battle rifle :O

btw, what are they doing when the move their joystick around in a circle? Does it serve a purpose or is it just showing off?

EDIT: I found it, I'm a can't read.
They just do (the circle thing) out of habit. People joke and call it "Ogre circles" and the kids try and copy it. It's their tongue sticking out during a dunk, basically.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ramirez said:
I still have no clue what snipe swiping is...

Swipe sniping is moving the cursor across your opponents body or head quickly and pulling the trigger when it is in the middle. This makes bungie's auto-aim go crazy and you can basically snipe more easily. I know you've done this, cause there's practically no other way to no scope someone up close if they are moving around :p

Just download any of these vids mentioned.

Scoot said:
EDIT: I found it, I'm a can't read.
They just do (the circle thing) out of habit. People joke and call it "Ogre circles" and the kids try and copy it. It's their tongue sticking out during a dunk, basically.

cool :)

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Scoot, have you ever played with Devin Olsen? He seems like a pretty cool/good dude. I'm gonna try to add him to my friends list to see if i can get in some games :lol

LukeSmith

duderon said:
Scoot, have you ever played with Devin Olsen? He seems like a pretty cool/good dude. I'm gonna try to add him to my friends list to see if i can get in some games :lol

WTF devin olsen? Who?

LukeSmith

duderon said:
He's posted some montages on the MLG forums. At the end of one of the videos there's text that says "add me to your friends list" or somethin.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStats.aspx?player=Devin Olsen

check out his kill frenzy video, 4v4 on lockout :lol

I figure it's worth a shot (trying to play with him), i know he plays with the top dudes sometimes.

Interesting, I need to just add some MLG kids (anyone period) so I can consistently play the modes.

Most of the time we play one or two games and GAFFERS AM QUIT.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
duderon said:
Stumbled onto the MLG forums and watched the OGRES and other StK dudes montages. All i can say is sweep sniping, combo using, sword whores.

THESE DUDES ARE FUCKING AMAZING.

ok ok. Next time i talk to ogre 2 i'll get him to join the clan.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
NO! You can't quit Ramirez. When the TJ's need a fourth we look to you. Don't make me drive to Kentucky to convince you to stay. Asshole.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I hope to play a bit this weekend. I've been really busy that I've barely been on since the banning. but this weekend I'm broke. So Ill probably play quite a bit..

Ironclad

Ramirez said:
Im bout done with this game until some new content comes out :p
Yes! Good job. I have finally retired my copy of Halo 2. It has been banished to my drawer. I doubt I will touch for quite a while. Now I can finally get to my very large backlog.

LukeSmith

Ironclad_Ninja said:
Yes! Good job. I have finally retired my copy of Halo 2. It has been banished to my drawer. I doubt I will touch for quite a while. Now I can finally get to my very large backlog.

Sauce der weakness.

Ramirez

I'm sure I'll be back on playing regularly within a few days,just need a tiny break at the moment,plus Im enjoying MVP way too much :lol

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:
I'm sure I'll be back on playing regularly within a few days,just need a tiny break at the moment,plus Im enjoying MVP way too much :lol

Yeah, you'll burn out on MVP about the time my copy arrives from EA. 2 day ship that shit EA Publicity.
Motherfuckers.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Ramirez, you have no idea how mad i was during that last game of Team Slayer. When Ghost took the beam and then walked in the open I was ready to scream, but I didn't get the chance as he was sniped right away. Because of that dumbass they had both snipers and it was game over in the first 30 seconds. Some people shouldn't be allowed to play Halo 2 on XBL.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I have officially stopped caring about my rank now dudes. Being that team skirmish was my best mode before the widespread cheating (when I made it to lvl 17) I'm just going to continually play matchmaking with strangers and see what happens to my rank.

I will once again start caring about ranking when they fix the game. till then I'm taking the fast train to broken-game town.

That and the red team wins problem made for a horrible losing streak last night even though we outplayed some of the red teams that beat us on ctf fast and fast assault ivory tower. I nearly lost my 15 as well. frown.

LukeSmith

duderon said:
Definately, gather the other TJs so we can get some glorious custom matches going again.

This week is double issue at work, so I don't know how much I can play, but yeah, I really only am interested in custom game action. Or hilarious team training.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
can't believe I just found out that a melee attack does greater damage when you are jumping....

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Yeah, the melee to the head will be critical to master. Unfortunately in the heat of battle I forget to do it. Bungie better get the content download out within the next two weeks. I'm growing impatient.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Lancelet, sorry I couldn't play longer yesterday but my game goes down the crapper when visitors turn up and start talking to me, best to bail out. :lol Shame cause we kicked a bit of ass and actually won a game of CTF fast fair and square 2 flags to 1. That's hard to do. Almost restored my level 16 now.

Also there was a "server maintenance" about 8 hours ago. anyone been on to assess if ther was updates to the game?

number386

catfish said:
Hey Lancelet, sorry I couldn't play longer yesterday but my game goes down the crapper when visitors turn up and start talking to me, best to bail out. :lol Shame cause we kicked a bit of ass and actually won a game of CTF fast fair and square 2 flags to 1. That's hard to do. Almost restored my level 16 now.

Also there was a "server maintenance" about 8 hours ago. anyone been on to assess if ther was updates to the game?

Not a problem, when I was playing last night about 2 hours after you left, I got disconnected during a match and could not reconnect. Hopefully that was bungie implementing the patch.

Top Bottom