• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
iD0pRimE said:
Dont know if anyone cares. but ill be on around 2PM PST.

Haven't seen you on for a bit. I'll be playing probably round about 5pm my time. you be playing in the evening at all?

silenttwn

Hey guys, I'm really interested in joining the NEO-GAF clan. Can I join? My XBL name is Marcello Santos... I'm on pretty frequently.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
silenttwn said:
Hey guys, I'm really interested in joining the NEO-GAF clan. Can I join? My XBL name is Marcello Santos... I'm on pretty frequently.

what time do you play? I'm on NZ time, but I usually catch up with the clan when I get home from work, which will be in 5 1/2 hours from now. If that matches with you add Donkey69 and I'll have some games with you. add nutterbutter700 as well, since hes the overlord as is Dopeyfish (allthough he never plays anymore......) As long as you are basically competent and play a fair bit we will probably send you a clan invite. Our clan is level 11 minor and I can't remember major, we used to be 13 minor and then hit a big lame streak.

Competiton is harder in clan matches though.

LukeSmith

silenttwn said:

Maybe we should audition him for TeamJesus, eh Bennett/Trasher? :D

silenttwn

Catfish -- that timing is excellent. Around that time it will be nighttime here, which is when I play. I'll add you guys onto my friends list. I'm not sure I will be able to play tonight but I hope I can catch you guys sometime soon.

Scoot -- from what I've read on TeamJesus, I have no idea if I am as good as what you're looking for but I'd like to try out and get my ass kicked for fun just to play with fellow GAFers. I would consider myself a good player, but if TeamJesus' name says anything... well I'm not Jesus good.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Everybody read the interview with number 2 (was at least) in rumble pit? He basically says "I totally whore the shitty combo and occasionally duel wield"

I'm going to practice more with that shitty combo, the way I see it, If I have it it means I won't get so owned by it....

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
catfish said:
Everybody read the interview with number 2 (was at least) in rumble pit? He basically says "I totally whore the shitty combo and occasionally duel wield"

I'm going to practice more with that shitty combo, the way I see it, If I have it it means I won't get so owned by it....

All top players use the noob combo (mostly because with MLG rules you start out with the BR), and are excellent with all the one hit kill weapons.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
duderon said:
All top players use the noob combo (mostly because with MLG rules you start out with the BR), and are excellent with all the one hit kill weapons.

yeah I might start changing my strategy a little bit, I usually go for a strong dual wield right off. might make the plasma br combo a priority. I never chase that on ivory tower.

LukeSmith

catfish said:
yeah I might start changing my strategy a little bit, I usually go for a strong dual wield right off. might make the plasma br combo a priority. I never chase that on ivory tower.

In terms of being as good as the "pros" duderon speaks of, your best bet is to just play MLG gametypes with us and get sick with the BR.

Nutter

Scoot said:
In terms of being as good as the "pros" duderon speaks of, your best bet is to just play MLG gametypes with us and get sick with the BR.

Yeah we need to play more custom games.

mlhaynes4

Because I said something about not liking the new 50 Cent album,they got suspicious since it doesn't officially release til the 8th,but no matter than Amazon.com already has it for sale *insert huge rolleyes*

BAH!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
mlhaynes4 said:
Because I said something about not liking the new 50 Cent album,they got suspicious since it doesn't officially release til the 8th,but no matter than Amazon.com already has it for sale *insert huge rolleyes*

BAH!

shit half of that 50 cent thread was banned. how longs he banned for?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
lame dude. send an email.... anyway when are you next getting on for some halo?

number386

What a horrible day. I woke up today and decided to play several of games of Halo 2 before picking up Devil May Cry 3. I was sort of groggy while playing and lost several games in a row and lost my 16 rank. I was annoyed at how I lost and kept playing and losing all the while getting even more annoyed. Next thing I know it's 5 PM all pissed and barely clinging to my level 15, I quit in disgust. Went out to get DMC3 but EB was sold out, went to best buy said they may get it tommorow. Just got back home with nothing to show for myself. I took today off to play DMC3, and would up losing my Halo level and I didn't even get DMC3. =(

Worst day off EVER.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Flying Llama said:
What a horrible day. I woke up today and decided to play several of games of Halo 2 before picking up Devil May Cry 3. I was sort of groggy while playing and lost several games in a row and lost my 16 rank. I was annoyed at how I lost and kept playing and losing all the while getting even more annoyed. Next thing I know it's 5 PM all pissed and barely clinging to my level 15, I quit in disgust. Went out to get DMC3 but EB was sold out, went to best buy said they may get it tommorow. Just got back home with nothing to show for myself. I took today off to play DMC3, and would up losing my Halo level and I didn't even get DMC3. =(

Worst day off EVER.

:lol :lol

Ironclad

mlhaynes4 said:
This is Ramirez,that last post was too :p

I have no clue how long Im banned for :(
:lol :lol :lol
I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh. :lol

Flying Llama said:

Worst day off EVER.
Oh man, that sounds terrible. Yesterday was kind of bad for me as well. Among other things, Game Stop didn't receive their shipment of DMC 3 so it just sent everything out of control.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
you sticking to your "I gave up on halo" stance ironclad? what about when (if) the new content drops?

number386

catfish said:

The GAF clan needs to get some custom games going and practice, plasma stickies, sniping, and the "noob combo".

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Flying Llama said:
The GAF clan needs to get some custom games going and practice, plasma stickies, sniping, and the "noob combo".

I don't think it's possible, since there are only a small number of us on at the same time. If others express interest i would gladly participate, though.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I'm sensing a real dip in interest among the Neo GAF, there's hardly anyone on anymore.
The only ones I see online consistently are Lancelet, Hgplayer and Ramirez (usually playing some EA game).

hgplayer1

its not even worth it to play clan matches anymore with all the cheating and feedback banning BS going on. not to mention everyone hates getting owned by the plasma BR combo.

number386

hgplayer1 said:
its not even worth it to play clan matches anymore with all the cheating and feedback banning BS going on. not to mention everyone hates getting owned by the plasma BR combo.

The practice idea is to get better in general. All the top players practice sniping and plasma sticking on a daily basis. I have seen some of the montage's and one where ogre1 gets 41 kills and 0 death, the guy was a sniping machine, it was awesome.

Nutter

Cerrius said:
I'm sensing a real dip in interest among the Neo GAF, there's hardly anyone on anymore.
The only ones I see online consistently are Lancelet, Hgplayer and Ramirez (usually playing some EA game).
Well right now i am playing GT4, Also as mentioned already Not many people are on to do custom games now days'; and i dont exactly want to play Matchmaking. But with that said ill be on tomorrow after 2PM PST.

LukeSmith

I'll be on tonight after work 7.30-8 EST.
Hit me on AIM or something if its custom time. Otherwise I should keep scrapping through DMC3.
Thank god I didn't buy it.

Ramirez

Im on alot,but I usually just play Rumble Training,it's so fun and non stressful :lol

BTW,suck it down Ironclad,they can't keep me down forever!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ramirez said:
Im on alot,but I usually just play Rumble Training,it's so fun and non stressful :lol

BTW,suck it down Ironclad,they can't keep me down forever!

I do too, but i can tell it's bringing my skill level down a couple of notches :lol

LukeSmith

duderon said:
I do too, but i can tell it's bringing my skill level down a couple of notches :lol

TJ Bennett and I play Team Training and I fuck around with Rumble Training. It's pretty hilarious, actually.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Rumble training is an absolute blast, but does anyone else feel dirty when they play it? It feels like you're doing something illegal almost. As if you have a god mode code while everyone else is forced to play normally. It requires almost no skill to play Rumble Training, I love it. Very carefree and a great way to calm down after getting screwed in Team Skirmish and Team Slayer. The last Rumble Training I played was on Ivory Tower. I was on the phone during the game, but was still able to go 25-4 for the win. If only I could do the same on Rumble Pit.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
TJ Bennett said:
Rumble training is an absolute blast, but does anyone else feel dirty when they play it? It feels like you're doing something illegal almost. As if you have a god mode code while everyone else is forced to play normally. It requires almost no skill to play Rumble Training, I love it. Very carefree and a great way to calm down after getting screwed in Team Skirmish and Team Slayer. The last Rumble Training I played was on Ivory Tower. I was on the phone during the game, but was still able to go 25-4 for the win. If only I could do the same on Rumble Pit.

Seems like the more i play Rumble Training the shittier i get (aka score closer to the level 12's/13's), although i am experimenting with different weapons/combos. I need some MLG scrimmages STAT.

LukeSmith

duderon said:
Seems like the more i play Rumble Training the shittier i get (aka score closer to the level 12's/13's), although i am experimenting with different weapons/combos. I need some MLG scrimmages STAT.

2Nite FOR HOURZ.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'll play tonight (8 1/2 hours from now) for a decent go. we should get a small party together and hit the rumble training. That is fun!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Scoot said:
better buy a new S controller or another Duke, because after MLG gametypes you're gonna need it ;)
TJ Bennett and I were working on the flying melee yesterday.. booyakasha

Ugh right after I found out about the flying melee I went into match making, some dude pulled it on me with the bomb. Knocked me the fuck out in one hit and planted it :(

yea that 50 cent ban was kinda unwarranted being that 50 played the whole album on siruis before that thread was made and hot97 had already played alot of songs off the album as well but whatever.

anyways, what is this flying melee stuff?

Top Bottom