• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

Ironclad

Damn, I am so tempted to come back and play this. I miss playing with you guys, especially TJ commentary. Hmm, maybe I will jump on later this week.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ironclad_Ninja said:
Damn, I am so tempted to come back and play this. I miss playing with you guys, especially TJ commentary. Hmm, maybe I will jump on later this week.

You would just be too weaksauce now dude.....

But seriously, seeing that you got a bit disillusioned with halo, the patch should be under 2 weeks away.....

EDIT

Also guys we never ever play clan match anymore. I know cheating is rife, but who gives a shit about the rank at the moment anyway, once we are patched we can always recover rank, when you do get a good match in matchmaking they are EXCELLENT.

EDIT EDIT

ARRRGHH FUCK, I registered for an NZ halo 2 comp (win trip to states) just got this in the email.

REGISTRATION INCOMPLETE

Xbox thanks you for taking the time to register for our Halo2battle competition. Unfortunately your registrations details were incomplete and due to the fact the entry places were over subscribed im afraid that you will be unable to join us this time around.

Keep visiting www.xbox.co.nz for competitions in the future.

Regards

The Xbox Team

DAMN SHIT WANKERS

Ironclad

Ramirez said:
Passing on your daily Halo sessions for PD,for shame!
Man, I am going to buy you a freaking copy of PD. It might not pull you from Halo 2 but I bet that you would like it. Anyway, I will return soon, but PD will stay regular.

catfish said:
Some crazy crap about me being weaksauce
Yeah, I may be out of practice but never enough to lose to your noob ass. Oh yeah, I went there. :lol :lol :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
pink, nutter, cerrius. sorry I dropped. My ISP has been down for half the day, I don't think they have the issues fixed just yet. I'll be back after easter

LukeSmith

Ironclad_Ninja said:

IRONCLAD STORYTIME RETURNZ

this week.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What they should do for head to head play is make it like Rocket Arena style.

Small arenas. A queue of people playing against each other. So it's 8 different arenas on a single loaded map... and you end up playing against 1... until someone dies say... Best of 5 or something.

That makes the game really cut throat... then the player gets cycled out and back into the queue where he awaits someone different from another match.

The way it is right now... all the maps are too large for a head to head style game up to 10. There's just no adrenaline rush to it. Even on midship it could be up to a minute until i see the guy again.

Having small arenas testing the users skill against another is a lot better than testing who can camp the best or something. i dunno, that's just what i think.

hgplayer1

screw custom. Im almost to 18 in TS. had some good games with Op1vy and just had overall good luck last night. 18! OMG IM SO CLOSE TO BEING A HALO GOD!

yeah Ill be gettin the maps as soon as theyre available but Ill bitch about how long its taking until they get here.

some things I hate about being in custom games is that the host never has any balls and just picks the game types and maps. instead we have people whining and bitching about the map or game type or both. the only thing Ill bitch about is radar. most of the time the games are fun its just being in the lobby that can be a pain.

LukeSmith

hgplayer1 said:
screw custom. Im almost to 18 in TS. had some good games with Op1vy and just had overall good luck last night. 18! OMG IM SO CLOSE TO BEING A HALO GOD!

yeah Ill be gettin the maps as soon as theyre available but Ill bitch about how long its taking until they get here.

some things I hate about being in custom games is that the host never has any balls and just picks the game types and maps. instead we have people whining and bitching about the map or game type or both. the only thing Ill bitch about is radar. most of the time the games are fun its just being in the lobby that can be a pain.

Wait, you need radar on?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
hgplayer1 said:

No offense hg, but you've been playing mostly 14's and 15's in TS. I know you and Ivy are good but once you start hitting teams that are actually organized it's going to get a bit tougher. I definately think you should keep going in slayer, but play games with us too :)

number386

duderon said:
We should have a custom bonanza tonight!!

Saw you on late last night. I had PSP burnout and wanted to see who was on. Was tired and only played a couple of team training games and just left.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Flying Llama said:
Saw you on late last night. I had PSP burnout and wanted to see who was on. Was tired and only played a couple of team training games and just left.

Yeah, i played some games with Nutter, Cerrius, and DaArcadia. Hopefully a lot of people will be on tonight.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
duderon said:
No offense hg, but you've been playing mostly 14's and 15's in TS. I know you and Ivy are good but once you start hitting teams that are actually organized it's going to get a bit tougher. I definately think you should keep going in slayer, but play games with us too :)

yeah, i agree. i think the guys we played pretty much sucked, and i dont think we faced anyone even near your rank 17, let alone a team of 17's... it didnt help for matching that my buddy (BIGGOOMBA) joined, who is a rank 9 or something

by the way, dispite my rank, i think i'm quite a bit better then a 12. i havent played many ranked games since december tis all :)

still though, i'm ALWAYS down for custom. its just WAY more fun IMO, not only cause you play custome gametypes (warthog jausting, mlg rules, etc), but because you know everyone your playing with, and hopefully, no ones an asshole (cerrius, i'm looking at you :p). you can also play just to have fun. you kn ow, trying to take out that vehicle on foot, just for the hell of it.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
op_ivy said:
yeah, i agree. i think the guys we played pretty much sucked, and i dont think we faced anyone even near your rank 17, let alone a team of 17's... it didnt help for matching that my buddy (BIGGOOMBA) joined, who is a rank 9 or something

by the way, dispite my rank, i think i'm quite a bit better then a 12. i havent played many ranked games since december tis all :)

still though, i'm ALWAYS down for custom. its just WAY more fun IMO, not only cause you play custome gametypes (warthog jausting, mlg rules, etc), but because you know everyone your playing with, and hopefully, no ones an asshole (cerrius, i'm looking at you :p). you can also play just to have fun. you kn ow, trying to take out that vehicle on foot, just for the hell of it.

Yup, customs are king. I know you rape Ivy, i didn't mean to sound like i'm any better than you cause i'm not. That goes for hg, too.

op_ivy

any of you chaps have IM?

might be easier to contact each other for games then posting in this thread...

mines punchtheclown(at)hotmail(dot)com

hgplayer1

Scoot said:
Wait, you need radar on?

no off. Im pretty sure Ive been in some of the custom games you guys have set up and radar was on. not sure who had party lead at the time.

No offense hg, but you've been playing mostly 14's and 15's in TS. I know you and Ivy are good but once you start hitting teams that are actually organized it's going to get a bit tougher. I definately think you should keep going in slayer, but play games with us too

um I was being sarcastic. I dont pay much mind to peoples ranks. just like I was playing earlier and people were all like OMG a 17 but I played like shit so then its dude you suck for a 17. all rank tells you is how well youve managed your wins and losses and yeah a little bit of how good you are. I go into TS not caring so Ill lose 4 or 5 games in a row sometimes and keep playing. its fun to me as long as theres no cheating.

op_ivy

personally, i definitely like the radar on... when i used to play halo 1, i always had it off, but i really have grown accostumed to having it on now, and i really like the extra element it brings to playing (ie, when to crouch walk).

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
hgplayer1 said:
no off. Im pretty sure Ive been in some of the custom games you guys have set up and radar was on. not sure who had party lead at the time.

um I was being sarcastic. I dont pay much mind to peoples ranks. just like I was playing earlier and people were all like OMG a 17 but I played like shit so then its dude you suck for a 17. all rank tells you is how well youve managed your wins and losses and yeah a little bit of how good you are. I go into TS not caring so Ill lose 4 or 5 games in a row sometimes and keep playing. its fun to me as long as theres no cheating.

All slayer has radar off except for free for all.

Ramirez

Those were probably the worst games I've ever played...doesn't help when you have a drunk brother in the same room blasting music and dancing all up on you and shit though :lol

op_ivy

Ramirez said:
Those were probably the worst games I've ever played...doesn't help when you have a drunk brother in the same room blasting music and dancing all up on you and shit though :lol

:lol, yeah, it was fucking awefull. i was getting so pissed, cause i'd either be: 1.) nailing some fool in the head, 1 shot away from dropping him when 3 of his pals gang bang me, or 2.) nailing some fool in the head, 1 shot away from dropping him, when one of my teammates sneaks in at the last second and nabs the kill. i had several games with 2 kills. TWO kills!

big foot ale kicked my fucking ass, then those assholes we played shit all over it :p

Desperado

agh the deeper into the night i go, the worse my shot gets heh.

that and for no reason my MC decides he can't turn left as fast...i swear this happens, i'm not lying.

oh and the flippin shotgun.. blahhhh

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Desperado said:
agh the deeper into the night i go, the worse my shot gets heh.

that and for no reason my MC decides he can't turn left as fast...i swear this happens, i'm not lying.

oh and the flippin shotgun.. blahhhh

Funny the shotgun acted up right after everytime i stuck you :lol

I think you should invest in a new controller, the turning left thing sounds fishy.

Desperado

duderon said:
Funny the shotgun acted up right after everytime i stuck you :lol

I think you should invest in a new controller, the turning left thing sounds fishy.

:lol i'd get you point blank with it, and you'd stick me as I watched in disbelief [dunno why, i should learn after the 10 billion times it's worked wrong] and frantically try to get off another shot.

i dunno about the control thing, i know a friend that it happens to as well...meh.

Top Bottom