• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Looks like Ando is trying to mirror my run in season 1. To be the man, you will have to beat the man! Week 9, be there or be square!

Andokuky

Banned
Sorry, it's a new GAF rule that you must be above .500 to talk shit :lol :lol

But seriously, my schedule from week 9 all the way through 16 makes me cry. My brother who knows my play style twice, Bob twice, Patriots, guys I haven't played but are apparently good like the Bucs and Skins, FMT who does an amazing job with a team that belongs in the NFL Europe, and of course you in week 9. Not to mention I've still got to play the Chargers. Seattle will probably be tough too, I've had close games with all the teams who aren't doing too well like Houston and Pittsburgh, both games were very close. Got some breaks in those two games. But then I look over Bons schedule and it isnt easy either. I can go 2-14 for all I care so long as I make the playoffs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
Sorry, it's a new GAF rule that you must be above .500 to talk shit :lol :lol

But seriously, my schedule from week 9 all the way through 16 makes me cry. My brother who knows my play style twice, Bob twice, Patriots, guys I haven't played but are apparently good like the Bucs and Skins, FMT who does an amazing job with a team that belongs in the NFL Europe, and of course you in week 9. Not to mention I've still got to play the Chargers. Seattle will probably be tough too, I've had close games with all the teams who aren't doing too well like Houston and Pittsburgh, both games were very close. Got some breaks in those two games. But then I look over Bons schedule and it isnt easy either. I can go 2-14 for all I care so long as I make the playoffs.

:lol Ouch man. My early schedule was ridiculous, DM, FMT, Bob, your Bro, and the Skins. I don't plan on losing anymore games. 13-3 ftw!!!

Saturday sounds fine Wasabi!

Rorschach

Opponent Records:

1 #2 Oakland Raiders 0.645
2 #9 New York Giants 0.593
3 #1 Denver Broncos 0.552

Wellington said:
:lol Ouch man. My early schedule was ridiculous, DM, FMT, Bob, your Bro, and the Skins. I don't plan on losing anymore games. 13-3 ftw!!!

Saturday sounds fine Wasabi!
You mean...12-4...right?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I fully expect to win neither of my next two games, but I won't go down without a fight!

BTW, just discovered that auto-reordering my depth chart ended up with some rookie at RG with only marginally better(if that) stats but a dramatically lower awareness rating. :/

SickBoy

Ando and/or cuban:

Here's what I look like for tonight and tomorrow:

Work until late tonight. Should be home by 11:15 MT (that's 1:15 Eastern, 10:15 Pacific)

Tomorrow, I should be available until 1:30 p.m. MT. (3:30ET, 12:30PT) Don't think I'll be able to start a game after that until relatively late in the evening. I probably won't be awake and functioning until about 10:30 or 11 MT.

If you can fit a game into any of those times, just name the time...

DMczaf

Bob better pray that Week 7 is delayed, because he's about to get the muscle put on him by the ROTY!

Williams02_02_06_1_b.jpg

Miguel

Archaix, want to get our game in tonight for next week? We can record the stats on paper and get them in when the week 7 schedule opens. :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hitokage said:
I fully expect to win neither of my next two games, but I won't go down without a fight!

BTW, just discovered that auto-reordering my depth chart ended up with some rookie at RG with only marginally better(if that) stats but a dramatically lower awareness rating. :/
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Never EVER use auto-reorder. :lol

nothing wrong with auto-reorder in most instances. i use it, but i put gore as the starting RB most of the time and also flip my CB's. doesn't hurt to know your roster, but not using auto-reorder isn't going to turn you into a superstar! leave it off and see if you do better, and if you do i take the blame for all your losses!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
FrenchMovieTheme said:
nothing wrong with auto-reorder in most instances. i use it, but i put gore as the starting RB most of the time and also flip my CB's. doesn't hurt to know your roster, but not using auto-reorder isn't going to turn you into a superstar! leave it off and see if you do better, and if you do i take the blame for all your losses!
Haha, it's ok. I decided it was long since time I actually study my own roster, and auto-reorder really doesn't change much except for some WR and CB ordering tweaks... which I don't really disagree with, but that RG swap was the one that was clearly negative(the rest of my O-Line was unchanged).

That being said, some formations have personnel choices I question. Does madden save any depth chart changes and substitutions I make in a game automatically, or do I have to set it with every game?

Andokuky

Banned
I might be up late tonight Sickboy. I'm sick as hell and can barely see so no work today and no overtime tomorrow, so even if I can't play late I should be good tomorrow morning if I'm not dead or anything.

i won't lose to the dallas cowboys. perhaps i would lose to the bears, broncos, buccaneers, or any of the other many teams in the NFL that start with a B, but not the cowboys, packers (ignore season 1's divisional playoff fluke), or rams. and you can take THAT to the bank with you.

p.s. you have to set your rosters/substitutions every game online. it sucks i know :(

cubanb

Banned
what day do we until to complete this round? I just realized I might have made a bad mistake leaguewise. I left my house today to go to a superbowl party 140 miles away. I wont be able to play until monday night. Is that too late for this round?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Damn it, just pounded Mig twice in a row. Why couldn't one of those be our league game? ;)

cubanb said:
what day do we until to complete this round? I just realized I might have made a bad mistake leaguewise. I left my house today to go to a superbowl party 140 miles away. I wont be able to play until monday night. Is that too late for this round?
Given proper notice, it can be postponed a little.

I had to. :/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wasabi: I'm gonna head to work for a little bit and I will be back for the afternoon, like around 1 EST. I'm down to play any time after that.

Rorschach

Hitokage said:
Haha, it's ok. I decided it was long since time I actually study my own roster, and auto-reorder really doesn't change much except for some WR and CB ordering tweaks... which I don't really disagree with, but that RG swap was the one that was clearly negative(the rest of my O-Line was unchanged).

That being said, some formations have personnel choices I question. Does madden save any depth chart changes and substitutions I make in a game automatically, or do I have to set it with every game?
We used to be able to save charts, substitutions, audibles, formation shifts, and playbooks, but they have been taken out because people took advantage of them. :(

I wish they would let us use them with fair play off or something. Makes things a lot faster and you don't have to sacrifice quality for speed in your decisions.

we may have an issue with sinistar. no one can seem to connect to him. i advised him on how to open up the ports to allow online play through his router, but that either doesn't work or he isn't doing it correctly. if anyone can give some advice on how to do that here (maybe i dont know what i'm talking about) that would be cool. otherwise we will need to find a replacement (or i can fill in), cause he already missed one game for this reason, and is about to miss another.

p.s. sinistar we have to try to play tonight as i will be gone all of superbowl sunday and my classes start again on monday. and monday i go to school from 9am-10pm... bah!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sin should try unhooking his ps2 from his router.

Wasabi, I will now be stuck at work later than I thought. I should be home around noon your time.

Rorschach

1) turn off your torrents
2) if you already opened up your ports and it still doesn't work, suck it up and hook it up directly. I did it for my game against Sickboy and it worked.
3) If neither of these are possible, I'll fill in. :D It would be more fair than FMT using the pats o_O

Mrbob

Wait...wait...wait....I'm going to have to play FMT using the Patriots? The only chance I would have is if his hatred for Tom Brady seeped in and he wouldn't allow the Pats victory!

Sinistar get your shit working! :lol

I also vote to not have Rors either as substitute. I don't want to give away any tips in a game where I could play a potential playoff opponent. ;)

SickBoy

GG... I think this game went for you like my last did for me.

That is far and away the best defensive performance my team has put on all season.

SickBoy

Mrbob said:
Wait...wait...wait....I'm going to have to play FMT using the Patriots? The only chance I would have is if his hatred for Tom Brady seeped in and he wouldn't allow the Pats victory!

Sinistar get your shit working! :lol

I also vote to not have Rors either as substitute. I don't want to give away any tips in a game where I could play a potential playoff opponent. ;)

I again submit that there should be volunteers for substitutes, and the team that isn't in absentia gets to choose who he plays.

Andokuky

Banned
Mrbob said:
W.....T......F!!

The AI was like Madden 2005... I'd throw a ball to the guy who was open and suddenly 3 Chargers would appear next to him. I had such bad luck on my EP it even lagged like hell and I missed it :lol

I knew I was in trouble when on the first drive he tossed it up to Gates, Lynch comes in and I hit stick him right when he lands, it doesn't even register the hit, then a CB runs into Gates from behind at full speed and Gates shrugs him off and runs for the TD :lol

Rorschach

Damn...on the one hand, Sickboy gets closer to me...on the other hand, so does Ando.

Next week's game is gonna be hard...I'm probably gonna be choke central again. ><

Miguel

Sinistar, you're going to have to get rid of the router if you have it hooked up. I've had to do it, I think rors has to also.

Thems the breaks, don't MrBob out of the league!

Mrbob

Miguel said:
Thems the breaks, don't MrBob out of the league!

????

How could I have backed out, when I'm the defending season 1 champ!

Of course you got a taste of this first hand! :D

rors sinistar isn't around. will you fill in for a couple games at least? and if so, can you play tonight? it would be pretty ridiculous if the commish missed the league deadline (router problems or not), so i'd prefer to play tonight.

p.s. bob he is talking about nba 2k6

* NEW RANKINGS!
* NEW PLAYERS OF THE WEEK! (including the first ever LOSING player as player of the week! see if you can detect who!)
* NEW WEEK ACTIVATED!

enjoy friends

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
* NEW RANKINGS!
* NEW PLAYERS OF THE WEEK! (including the first ever LOSING player as player of the week! see if you can detect who!)
* NEW WEEK ACTIVATED!

enjoy friends

CARNELL Williams (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) - 21 Rushes, 123 yards, 1 TD; 1 Reception, 71 yards, 1 TD

Son of a...! You WILL call him Cadillac, so help me god!

Miguel

I was wondering why it seemed like I hadn't played all that many home games yet.

FMT HAS THIS THING RIGGED! 6 of my first 8 games on the road? :p

No worries, playoffs here I come!

6-1 dm. you can never recover!

gg ando the 2nd. i thought i was doomed in the 2nd half after you took the lead, cause i couldn't pass for SHIT on that defense. hopefully that was an abberation, cause if we meet again i can't depend on getting free TD's and 5 turnovers (although a few of those picks were user picks by me :D )

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I dunno what it is but my running game is not as explosive as it was on the Xbox. On the other hand, my passing game has been pretty ricockulous, so it balances out friends!

Top Bottom