• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

SickBoy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sickboy, bob is no longer on your schedule. in place of bob, you are playing hito. in place of hito, sinistar is playing bob. sorry about the inconvenience and confusion, it was an unexpected problem between hito and sinistar in regards to connecting and playing.

you play hito for your week 4 game. your week 5 game is against the broncos (andokuky). bob is out of the picture ;)

Durrr, but what about my game against bob? ;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nice! Eli with his secsond offensive player of the week award! Though I feel it should have been Tiki, 115 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD, 19 carries, 4 recep, 69 yards, 1 TD!

So can we play our week 6 games tonight!? :-0

i was going to give it to tiki, but a 70%+ completion percentage is too hard to ignore.

also yes we can play week 6 tonight because ando/sickboy aren't playing until saturday (which is the final game of week 5)

Miguel

REVENGE! >:O

earl0.jpg

earl.jpg

earl2.jpg

earl3.jpg

Delong_jan1stsports.jpg

"NOOOOO Not again!"

matt_hasselbeck2.jpg

"WHY WHY WHYYYYY"

wc2.jpg

"WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the new week is up my friends!

POWER RANKINGS WEEK 5!!

enjoy the power rankings and players of the week. new week advances next monday (2/6)

5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6 3-2-0 You scored 9 points again? Mid-90’s Bucs!

Hell yeah! Were back!

Shaun King and Trent Dilfer leading the way!

BTW

Field Goal Long

1. J Feely (nyg) 100
2. B Cundiff (DAL) 54
3. J Elam (DEN) 53

WTF CK! Did Feely get some of the Panthers' roids after the shutout?

Miguel

SickBoy said:
Durrr, but what about my game against bob? ;)

You think he plays?
He's doesn't play!
That's the whole point!
HE NEVER PLAYS!

mrbob.jpg

MrBob: Is this some radical new therapy?

YOU SEE!?!?

Andokuky

Banned
SickBoy said:
Ando: Saturday afternoon (or maybe even morning) are best for me. Probably around 11:30 Central or so (10:30 MT). Much earlier and I'll be unconscious.

I'm sure I'll be at work getting paid lots of money to work overtime Saturday morning. I'm around the next couple hours if you wanna play but I guess you work late or are nocturnal or something. How about early Sunday? If we go Saturday it couldn't be until after 1pm CST or so when I'm home from work.

Rorschach

MrBob: I'm available tonight, tomorrow almost all day and night, friday after 5, and saturday practically all day.

Name a time :)

Robbed POTW:

Code:
#25 CB Walker, Denard(Oakland Raiders)	6 tackles, 1 sack, 1 int for 44 yds, 4 PD, 1 DTD

#34 RB Jordan, LaMont(Oakland Raiders)	152 yds, 1 TD on only 17att
Next time, boys!

j/k
Texans 3-4 don't count!
;)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sickboy: I'm currently online in madden. Just hop on and we can get this over with.

Edit: You're supposed to be at home, so you invite.

SickBoy

Hey Hito,

Just wanted to let you know I'll be running a touch late tonight -- my wife and I are car pooling and I won't be back until about a half hour later than I expected (she has to work late). I'll send you a message as soon as I get home. Do you frequent the IRC channel? If so, I'll try to pop on and let you know too.

Sorry about that.

Ando: I'd rather do the game Saturday, so if we can set a time in the afternoon, I should be able to accommodate it. Later in the afternoon might be better, but I'll confer with the wife (easier to appease her with a block of my time -- i.e: morning to mid-afternoon or afternoon to evening than with chunks of it) and let you know. When do you figure you'll be available (earliest and latest)? 1:30 or so until...?

And yeah, I'm sort of nocturnal, but it's because I work a 2:30-10 p.m. shift.

SickBoy

K, just got in. I'll be heading on to Madden in about two minutes and I'll look for you. Thanks for the patience...

cubanb

Banned
SickBoy said:
Hey Hito,

Just wanted to let you know I'll be running a touch late tonight -- my wife and I are car pooling and I won't be back until about a half hour later than I expected (she has to work late). I'll send you a message as soon as I get home. Do you frequent the IRC channel? If so, I'll try to pop on and let you know too.

Sorry about that.

Ando: I'd rather do the game Saturday, so if we can set a time in the afternoon, I should be able to accommodate it. Later in the afternoon might be better, but I'll confer with the wife (easier to appease her with a block of my time -- i.e: morning to mid-afternoon or afternoon to evening than with chunks of it) and let you know. When do you figure you'll be available (earliest and latest)? 1:30 or so until...?

And yeah, I'm sort of nocturnal, but it's because I work a 2:30-10 p.m. shift.
Wait, i am scheduled to play you in week 6

Miguel

Pfth, I was up 35-16 and for some reason my WR was my long snapper o_O. Does madden bring in your reserves if it's a blowout or does madden just hate me?

SickBoy

First of all, you played a super game throughout, but especially so defensively in the first half.

While that should be some consolation, my controller did hit the ground at the end of the game, and I hope I can decipher my infuriated scribblings for the stats :)

SickBoy grievances:

1) Five false starts. W. T. F.
2) The safety. I'm never going to try to pass to a guy in the flats in that position again. I don't know what happened, but I had no intent to hold onto the ball that long.
3) Field goal. Stupid. Fucking. Me. I don't know how I managed to do that, but I thought because I was right on the edge of the accuracy bar and purposefully chip-shotted it, I might get some leeway. Nope.
4) Lack of execution. You played fantastic D in the first, so it amplified my annoyance when Brees missed a wide open receiver, or Gates dropped a pass where he was failry open. (Three drops today... they replaced him with a 2004 Seahawk receiver)

Still, great game. I felt like I really left my game for a loooong stretch (and that's a testament to your D more than any of the issues I whined about above)... finally got back to the game plan in the fourth.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
1) Five false starts. W. T. F.
You no-huddling then blocking my guy from getting back to my side of the LoS with me getting called for the offsides was TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT. The play afterwards I wasn't even there.

*deep breath*

Ok, with fair play on(protip: fair-play sucks), no-huddling rapes you with false starts unless you no-huddle when it decides it's appropriate for you to do so.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
SickBoy said:
Yeah, that was BS. But I didn't feel bad about it after all those damn false starts :)
Well, those you should have saw coming. Fair Play IS enabled for league games.

SickBoy

The funny thing is I've had people call hurry up on me with more or less impunity. I guess I have to learn the obscure Madden fair-play hurry-up logic. That's why I didn't run hurry-up with less than a minute to go.

Miguel

Another thing. Muffed catch on a punt, in the endzone. Pick up, run to the other side of the endzone, tackle...at least to the best of my knowledge....does NOT equal safety.

Miguel

Telfonxander runs left...breaks 1 tackle....turns back around and runs between all 21 other players, does a little dance, makes a little love, paints his toe nails, takes a nap, then runs to the endzone.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mig and I decided to fuck around with the two worst teams in Madden, the 49s and the Titans, and play anything-goes. This resulted in the worst show of football in the history of the sport, and it was late night comedy gold.

I actually learned something: you can't punt into the uprights. It's ruled as a touchback. Also, dropping/running back 30-40 yards before passing can actually result in a first down.

SickBoy

Should be back around 10 Pacific, maybe a bit later if you want to play. I'll say 10:30 PT (or 1:30 a.m. ET) would be an ideal start.

EDIT: Notable fact -- I haven't installed AIM

cubanb

Banned
Sick boy, just got the word from the boss im gonna be working till past midnight tonight. So we will have to reschedule. Sorry

Mrbob

Rorschach said:
MrBob: I'm available tonight, tomorrow almost all day and night, friday after 5, and saturday practically all day.

Name a time :)

Robbed POTW:

Code:
#25 CB Walker, Denard(Oakland Raiders)	6 tackles, 1 sack, 1 int for 44 yds, 4 PD, 1 DTD

#34 RB Jordan, LaMont(Oakland Raiders)	152 yds, 1 TD on only 17att
Next time, boys!

j/k
Texans 3-4 don't count!
;)

I can probably play tommorrow night or sat night. Maybe even tonight if we start early enough. Waht is your AIM?

Rorschach

GG MrBob

My defense and my receivers played like...SNES AI. Didn't help that I couldn't tackle, missed practically every hit stick, and somehow overthrew 50% of my passes. Also, I should have adjusted my playstyle after the 1st quarter, but my offensive playcalling was questionable to say the least. That's the last time I play with rust ;b

Top Bottom