• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
I dunno what it is but my running game is not as explosive as it was on the Xbox. On the other hand, my passing game has been pretty ricockulous, so it balances out friends!
When play you wanna.

meh....i thought the days of roll outs every down were gone with madden 04....guess not.

if you're talking to me i have to laugh. first off rollouts didn't lose the game for you, your run defense did. secondly, i had 0 completions on any "designed" rollouts. i had 6 completions the entire game, and one was a throw on the run since i was getting pressured. should i just be sacked in the pocket? third, it was your own fault on rollouts to the left because that DE is supposed to have contain. but you were so concerned about "getting to the QB!" that you let alex break containment. of course i'm going to get the F out of the pocket when my LT is getting knocked down every pass play. alex smith isn't exactly a speed burner. but, when you are playing all out coverage, and no one is open, what am i going to do? his accuracy is shitty, he has no arm, and my best WR is probably equal to your 3rd string WR. lastly, you didn't lose the game because of any QB scrambles or rollouts. you lost the game because you started to play a bear defense. bear defense is good against the run if you can stop the runner at the line of scrimmage, which often happens (and did happen). the problem with bear is that if the blocking is decent up front, and the RB gets into the secondary, there is nobody there to tackle him, which is what happened on my 2nd td run with gore.

bottom line is i dont have much to work with using the 49ers. i have a 67 rated TE, my top wr is rated an 80, my best rated offensive lineman who can actually play (fuck you EA + IR!) is an 85, my safeties are a 72 and 67 respectively, i have my 2nd best LB out with IR, etc etc. i'm not making excuses, but for christ sake i couldn't cheese you with the 49ers even if i tried.

if you were weren't referring to our game then i apologize.

Rorschach

Kobe avatar?

angryhf.jpg

GET OFF MY THREAD!

Andokuky

Banned
Yes, i am refering to our game. And 3/4 of the timesyou rolled out, it was directly after the ball was snapped, and would do either a swing to ur RB where he runs to the sidelines, the turns up the sidelines to streak t the endzone, hense the 94 yard TD pass. Or, you'd run a delayed comeback, or ministreak to the RB or TE. That was your 2nd and long, or 3rd down offense.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Play Zone D and put someone to watch the swing routes, or take control of an LB to watch his yourself. If i can tell someone isnt covering my RB properly id do the same thing. especially if i had a team like the 9ers :lol

Andokuky

Banned
i did that. 1/2 the time, he'd run towards the line like he was going to run, then he'd back out as soon as i rushed toward him with the guy between him and the RB, and he'd just lob it up. or, i'd leave the guy alone, and he''d run for 7-8-9 yards with the QB. cover the rb and give up a 1st, cover hte qb and give up a 1st..hmm...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
OoO i know that play. :lol :lol :lol That ones a bitch. You can cover it but its a hard one. I used to do that alot in 05

Andokuky

Banned
I'm free for the next hour or so before the game if you're around.

Might be available after, don't know. If not I'm sure we can get soemthing during the week.

Andokuky

Banned
What a waste of time that piece of shit game was. Another post season game with refs making crap calls :lol

If you still wanna go tonight Hito I'm around, post here or message me on AIM @ AndoSD.

Yes, i am refering to our game. And 3/4 of the timesyou rolled out, it was directly after the ball was snapped, and would do either a swing to ur RB where he runs to the sidelines, the turns up the sidelines to streak t the endzone, hense the 94 yard TD pass. Or, you'd run a delayed comeback, or ministreak to the RB or TE. That was your 2nd and long, or 3rd down offense.

dude, i had *6* completions! 2 of those completions were to a rb! i had 0 completions on designed rollouts. on the 94 yard TD pass, that was your bad. you were playing a flats zone cover 2. the weakness in that defense is that if you give the qb enough time, someone is going to find a hole in that zone, and it's usually fly routes after he gets by the QB sitting on the routes but before the SS deep. that play was not a rollout. it was a button hook to lloyd, but it was covered. when i didn't see that open i looked @ battle, covered, then i started to scramble. its not my fault you'd rather give up a 94 yard TD over giving up a 5 yard run to smith.

if i lit you up for 350 yards and was completing passes all over the place on rollouts, i could understand you complaining. but i completed 31% of my passes and had 2 passes picked off. unfortuantely we don't all have TE's who can catch balls in double coverage whenever a play breaks down. you shouldn't blame your loss on any rollouts or scrambles. you should blame it on your 4 Int's, your inability to stop big running plays, and not adapting your defense. if you are so concerned about me scrambling and getting out in rollouts, use DE contain plays, they are in your playbook regardless of which PB you are using.

and he'd just lob it up. or, i'd leave the guy alone, and he''d run for 7-8-9 yards with the QB. cover the rb and give up a 1st, cover hte qb and give up a 1st..hmm...

:lol i had 7 first downs all game! and it's not "cover the rb give up a 1st, cover the qb give up the first", in your case it was "cover the RB give up the 1st, cover the QB give up a 94 yard TD". use QB spy, contain, or blitz from the corners.

Mrbob

a_med_eg_rev_phoenix_004.jpg

WTF! :lol I just smacked around Rors and his Raiders, and now I gotta have a rematch with him using the Pats right away? Talk about a trap game for me!

Secondly, this means I actually have to try and win now, and give away potential postseason secrets! I could play the perfect game against Rors and still lose, because the Pats are ridiculous when played with a decent player. I object to Rors using the Pats against me, or any potential playoff team! :lol

Mrbob

Ahahaha, you just want vengeance with a super powerful team and you know it! :D

I'm going into a game which I have under a one percent chance of winning, but if this is the way FMT tries to bury me again (like he tries to do with every league) so be it! He better hope I don't make the playoffs, because what doesn't kill me makes me stronger! :D

SickBoy

Ideal for me would be tomorrow night, late as usual.. If that doesn't work, I'm same schedule Tuesday and off Wednesday-Thursday.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
*sigh*

Both the real Seahawks and my Seahawks played very similar games. We both got 10 points against 20-something, and Sharper caught both our TDs.

The upside is that I held Ando's Broncos to less points than most players he's won against.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Ahahaha, you just want vengeance with a super powerful team and you know it! :D

I'm going into a game which I have under a one percent chance of winning, but if this is the way FMT tries to bury me again (like he tries to do with every league) so be it! He better hope I don't make the playoffs, because what doesn't kill me makes me stronger! :D
Nope...I suck with the pats...I don't even know their playbook and I use 3-4...you'll have a field day. That's right, 3-4!! Or FMT could fill in for that game. You won't face him 'till the superbowl if you do face him post-season.

SickBoy said:
Ideal for me would be tomorrow night, late as usual.. If that doesn't work, I'm same schedule Tuesday and off Wednesday-Thursday.
I can play tomorrow night...what time?

Andokuky

Banned
i never said "i lost becuasr you rolled out" i simply said i thought the days of the non-stop roll-out were gone. i know i gave up a few big plays that i shouldn't, i never said i shouldn't have lost the game. i just feel i would have hada better chance if every 3rd down u rolled out with ur QB.

i never said "i lost becuasr you rolled out" i simply said i thought the days of the non-stop roll-out were gone. i know i gave up a few big plays that i shouldn't, i never said i shouldn't have lost the game. i just feel i would have hada better chance if every 3rd down u rolled out with ur QB.

if i rolled out every 3rd down, why didn't you adjust? why didn't you send an edge rusher? why didn't you run some containment plays or some QB spy plays? i suspect the reason you didn't adjust is because it would compromise your defense, just like witten compromised my defense (for instance, the TD to terry glenn was 100% a result of me having to cover witten myself because my LB's couldn't). that is the entire point of having teams with different strengths and weaknesses: you couldn't have gotten to the edge on any qb scrambles or rollouts with bledsoe, i dont have any receivers, etc.

p.s. 4 out of my 6 completions came from within the pocket :D

SickBoy

Rorschach said:
Nope...I suck with the pats...I don't even know their playbook and I use 3-4...you'll have a field day. That's right, 3-4!! Or FMT could fill in for that game. You won't face him 'till the superbowl if you do face him post-season.

I can play tomorrow night...what time?

I'm almost always available and ready by 11:15 p.m. MT, unless the wife has to work late, but there's nothing on the sched for her work that suggests she'd have to.

Rorschach

SickBoy said:
I'm almost always available and ready by 11:15 p.m. MT, unless the wife has to work late, but there's nothing on the sched for her work that suggests she'd have to.
Alright, cool. Just post here when you're ready to go and I'll be there.

Man, do I suck lately...I hope I can shake the blahs.

SickBoy

Hope you can wait another game to shake'em :)

EDIT: cuban. Similar schedule applies for our game. 11:15 MT or later on Monday-Tuesday, can probably make a afternoon/early evening game on Wednesday-Thursday.

thats bull.

by bull i mean a lie

no, it's not.

* 2 out of my 3 catches with brandon lloyd were on the same play call. it is a 10 yard button hook that is a timing pass.

* 1 out of my 2 catches with kevan barlow came late in the game on a dump off in the flats right after the snap of the ball.

* my one pass to my TE was a delay route that i threw over the middle

the only 2 times i rolled out and completed a pass was the barlow 94 yarder (which was actually a scramble) and a pass to lloyd running to the sideline on an out play.

but whatever, if you feel i was scrambling or rolling out too much i can't be concerned with that. it is easy to stop and a 31% completion + a lucky 94 yard TD is by no means a dominating performance

Andokuky

Banned
Hitokage said:
*sigh*

Both the real Seahawks and my Seahawks played very similar games. We both got 10 points against 20-something, and Sharper caught both our TDs.

The upside is that I held Ando's Broncos to less points than most players he's won against.

GG, you got some tough breaks with some of those drops. Joe had like 6 but I think most of them were jump balls in double or triple coverage anyway so they should have been dropped but I remember one deep in single coverage that he should have caught.

Andokuky

Banned
wtf? hines ward is the superbowl MVP? his only TD was on a trick play...Parker shoulda got MVP, his run changed the game...oh well...

-Not ando

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:

Um... you just beat me with the overrated Pats and I'm not exactly a cream puff.

Everyone will say, but dude, CK, you threw two ints.

To which I will counter the two picks bounced off of my receivers and then they were sniffed out by the Pats players who all have 100 catch and 150 awareness. Multiple times throughout the game my players had picks in their hands and let them bounce around or drop to the floor because Tom Brady gets a free pass. So now I have a BS loss against the Patriots, not even being used by the original team owner, and it was more a result of the incredible oline play and sticky fingers of the secondary and the butterfingers of my own.

I therefore ask two questions;

1) Can I use the Pats against Bob?

2) Who will replace me in using the Giants?

Mrbob

Sorry, Wellie, you are going to have to make the super bowl (So will I!) if you want a rematch. ;) The stones have been cast! Besides, you'll never be satisfied by beating me with the BS Pats anyway. You need to do it with the Giants!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Andokuky said:
GG, you got some tough breaks with some of those drops. Joe had like 6 but I think most of them were jump balls in double or triple coverage anyway so they should have been dropped but I remember one deep in single coverage that he should have caught.
Heh, drop-happiness was another part of the real game yesterday.

Ah well, after a night of sleep I feel much better. It just wasn't my day at all.

Top Bottom