• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

SickBoy

Hey Rorschach, wife's schedule got screwed up, so she's at work until midnight. If you're ready to go quick, I'm at home and have about an hour window to play...

cubanb

Banned
Wasabi, I will update tomorrow with my schedule. I should be off at a reasonable time to play. Sickboy, when do you want to get our game . I cant play until another 25 minutes or so from now tonight

SickBoy

If you are able to play in about 1:45 from now, I can probably play ours. If not, tomorrow might work best, if you're available similarly late. Hoping to get Rorschach game in, but I've got to leave in about an hour, so 25 mins from now is too late...

Rorschach

SickBoy said:
If you are able to play in about 1:45 from now, I can probably play ours. If not, tomorrow might work best, if you're available similarly late. Hoping to get Rorschach game in, but I've got to leave in about an hour, so 25 mins from now is too late...
Damn...sorry...just missed you on IRC...dunno why my highlights didn't go off. I was expecting you at 11:15 MT><

If it's too late (looks like it is) I can play tomorrow same time.

SickBoy

How long does it take? 40 min I can swing... I think we could probably swing it, but if it goes to 11:40 on gameplay alone, I might need you to do stats for me. If that's OK, say the word, and I'm on.

Rorschach

SickBoy said:
How long does it take? 40 min I can swing... I think we could probably swing it, but if it goes to 11:40 on gameplay alone, I might need you to do stats for me. If that's OK, say the word, and I'm on.
It's ok with me, but the game will probably take longer than 40 mins...

SickBoy

Yeah, if cuban's not available later and you are, I'm still up for that... but if not, tomorrow is fine for me.

SickBoy

Yeah, I think 11:30 coast time will probably work for me. I'll post here first. Don't go online until you hear from me, because it's possible unforeseen stuff could delay my wife a touch longer at work.

cubanb

Banned
WasabiKing and Sickboy, I am home now and will be around for the rest of the day and can start as late as 10:30 pst

DMczaf

Where are you Bob?

frosted_flakes.gif

Mrbob

I won't be home until sometime after 10PM, maybe later if I go out to an after work get together.

How about tommorrow around 5 or 6PM central?

SickBoy

Yes, and yes. I should play my cuban game first (to preserve the integrity of my schedule ;). You ready? As soon as I see a post confirming, I'll go through the arcane process of connecting my PS2 to the Interweb.

Rors, if you're still OK to go after, I can play our game too. Hope I don't have a night like my one against the Hawks. To borrow from poker, I started to experience football 'tilt'

Rorschach

GG sickboy

Man, that game was bolognia for me. It didn't help that the game started really shitty for me with that fumble and those drops, but I played like an idiot the whole first half and my defense couldn't do jack. I didn't wake up until the very end of the third, but it was too late.

Hell, in the end of the half, I completely forgot about the clock and managed it like seattle. I was a little tired, but I should have been paying more attention. Moss dropping TD passes didn't help...he woke up later on too. One of his catches stands out to me that really should have been a drop.

Sickboy on the other hand, played an impecable first half. Just one thing...killing the clock by running like a spaz in the endzone during a KR is kinda lame IMO. It tires out my defensive players that are playing special teams and...it's just not right :p

SickBoy

GG. Staking that big early lead let me really sit on cruise control for the rest of the game (although the Seahawks-esque end-of-half clock management was a relief).

If I knew the secret to making my team execute so well on a regular basis, I'd bottle it and sell it. With the exception of the INT, everything worked very much as intended. I have a feeling our next game won't have the same sort of storyline. I think my run defense overachieved, especially when you look at our previous game.

Rorschach said:
Sickboy on the other hand, played an impecable first half. Just one thing...killing the clock by running like a spaz in the endzone during a KR is kinda lame IMO. It tires out my defensive players that are playing special teams and...it's just not right :p

Fair enough. It wasn't an intent to tire, (and killed only a few seconds of clock -- more just a lateral run through the end zone). It's more about recent history. Before the Super Bowl Sunday, I was playing at a friend's place, took the same sort of lateral look, saw a seam and busted a 105-yd return. Still, if it's gonna raise eyebrows, I'll just take the knee or run it out (like I did towards the end of the game). Because those sorts of nice looks are few and far between.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Can I put in a special request to unlock the next week so we can play tonight? Bob and DM are never gonna play tonight, Lost is on and then it's that other stupid show that he watches.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Any way I could arrange a trade to the NFC East? Please? C'mon, guys. It'd just be fair. The Patriots got traded just before the season started for MrBob, and that's one damned lopsided trade.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Admit it, you just want to fight me. If not for my subpar performance (and the incredible cheating by the Patriots) the NFC East would be a powerhouse division.

No more I say! No more shall we be ridiculed as the weakest division. I will personally see to it that the NFC East rises to power.

First I need to get my rushing groove back. :B

Rorschach

MrBob: see I'm no longer in the playoff picture. Let's get that game going. It's the only blemish in the league schedule. Have you no shame? :(

Mrbob

Wellie we are playing before LOST tonight. :lol As long as DM is a man of his word and shows up at 5PM Central!

Rors we can play too but it'll have to be around 10pm or 11pm central.

Archaix said:
Any way I could arrange a trade to the NFC East? Please? C'mon, guys. It'd just be fair. The Patriots got traded just before the season started for MrBob, and that's one damned lopsided trade.

Heh, I didn't even know I was traded until the day of the league starting. It must have been a last minute thing. I believe Wellie was scared of me owning him so he begged FMT to move me to another division!

But I have 3 tough games ahead of me. I could easily end up being 4-4 after these three games!

guys i will advance the league today HOPEFULLY! if i have enough time between when my class ends and work starts (anywhere from a 30 min to a 1 hr difference, depend on how long my professor yaps for) i will do the awards and so on.

p.s. actually i will just unlock the next week, but not make it the official week yet. so everyone can play their games, but i can still do all the other stuff

the league has advanced, complete with awards and everything!

p.s. bob!! you still have to play the patriots from week 4 for christ sake! please get that game in :D

he said 5 CENTRAL, which is 3 in sin city! he also said MAYBE 6 central, which means 4. you lose dm!

also, bob, we are opponents for the current week. i trust you will be ready to play tomorrow night. good day to you

SickBoy

DM, Best time for my game with you would probably be afternoon-ish tomorrow. When's the best for you? I can probably squeeze it in today if tomorrow's no good on your end..

Mrbob

Oh snap Carnell just got DERAILED by the Bears D.

DM had me on the ropes, too! But he couldn't finish the deal!

Down 17-6 in the 3rd quarter, I storm back with the heart of a champion for a 27-17 victory!

Bringing out all the cereal mocking, how does that bitter defeat taste dm? Oh how sweet it is!

DMczaf

30 passes
17 rushes

WTF did I do! I put my hopes in the hands of Chris Simms?! Sorry Cadillac, forgive me!!!!11

Rorschach

You fail me, DM.

Mrbob said:
Rors we can play too but it'll have to be around 10pm or 11pm central.
Fine with me, Mister Bob.
Post here, aim, pm, post on the leagudaddy boards, or send me psychic mail...just be there.

AIM = hawakubo
GAF name = Rorschach
EA Name = r0rschach
Leaguedaddy = Rorschach using the New England Heroes

Flaking is prohibited.

cubanb: When can you play?

Archaix: same question :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ok, we need to conduct a stats audit.

Wellington tonight filled out "1 int, 1 int thrown" for himself and "2 int, 2 int thrown" for me(Manning threw 2 picks, I threw 1). Went back to some of his earlier games and similar discrepancies exist.

Dammit people, learn how to accurately fill in shit.

ALSO, don't submit stats immediately after the game with only your column. If you end up submitting after your opponent it'll delete his side.

--EDIT By Wellington who hit Edit instead of Quote--
Huh? I'll go back and check it out, but I used the EA email and imported the stats on the site.

Rorschach

Wow Ando...

Archaix: tomorrow night would be good.

Cubanb: I'll be around tomorrow night after 6 PST. Same goes for most of this week.

Andokuky

Banned
Wellington said:
WTF happened between ando and his bro!?

It was kind of like our game last year where you jumped out to a huge lead and there just wasn't shit I could do. Before I knew it I was up 21-0 and it was only a couple minutes into the game. I also got lucky on red zone defense, he got inside the 20 six times and came away with 0 points. Once Bledsoe went down it was officially over, Henson and Romo were both horrible at throwing anything over 10 yards.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
It was kind of like our game last year where you jumped out to a huge lead and there just wasn't shit I could do. Before I knew it I was up 21-0 and it was only a couple minutes into the game. I also got lucky on red zone defense, he got inside the 20 six times and came away with 0 points. Once Bledsoe went down it was officially over, Henson and Romo were both horrible at throwing anything over 10 yards.

:lol

I can't believe you remember that game.

Looks like I will go below .500 again after my next game. :(

Top Bottom