• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

Andokuky

Banned
what's your AIM s/n wasabiking? I'm probably going to church in the morning, so if u want, we can maybe play between the 2 playoff games?

finally, at long last, the entire schedule is complete. i will upload e verything tonight, but keep in mind the following facts:

1. the schedule is kind of disjointed. because of the odd number of conference teams, i couldn't really schedule an identical # of conference games for everyone

2. i tried to be fair about the matchups and when they happened, and some people are going to feel like they got the short end of the stick, but thems the breaks boyeeee!!!

3. i am racking my brain on the proper home/away game numbers, and i am still getting those corrected. ill do my best to make sure everyone has 8 home games and 8 away games, but its not easy!

enjoy ladies!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
finally, at long last, the entire schedule is complete. i will upload e verything tonight, but keep in mind the following facts:

1. the schedule is kind of disjointed. because of the odd number of conference teams, i couldn't really schedule an identical # of conference games for everyone

2. i tried to be fair about the matchups and when they happened, and some people are going to feel like they got the short end of the stick, but thems the breaks boyeeee!!!

3. i am racking my brain on the proper home/away game numbers, and i am still getting those corrected. ill do my best to make sure everyone has 8 home games and 8 away games, but its not easy!

enjoy ladies!
Are you gonna post them? :D

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dont worry rors, you and i do play this season... just the way you likes it!
Joy! I look forward to another chokeland finish.

Miguel said:
I wanna play Hito again (Stipulation: Must be after 4am and before 8am)
I'm sure you'll get more Hito since he's in your division.

defeat :(

gg rors, randy moss beat me up in the first half. alex played a fantastic game (minus one miscue brought about by fumbling w/ the R2 + L1 Deadly Combination Pass!) but it just wasn't enough in the end. and great, i have CK next week... could end up 2-2 :(

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
defeat :(

gg rors, randy moss beat me up in the first half. alex played a fantastic game (minus one miscue brought about by fumbling w/ the R2 + L1 Deadly Combination Pass!) but it just wasn't enough in the end. and great, i have CK next week... could end up 2-2 :(

Celebration%20299.jpg

ok, the entire schedule is up. i believe i calculated the home/away games correctly... at least i did on paper. if i entered them in online incorrectly please bring it to my attention (i.e. check your schedule sometime :D )

Andokuky

Banned
My schedule says 9 road/7 home. No big deal to me though.

Bob, I can lose horribly and embarrassingly sometime today after the Steelers lose horribly and embarrassingly.

SickBoy

I'll have to give it a recount to be sure, but it looks like my sched is 9 home, 7 road. I suppose an easy fix would be for me to play in Denver.

Of course, easier than an easy fix is not fixing it at all, right?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Miguel said:
Archaix. Let me know when you're ready

Depending on the result of today's games, I'll either be ready to play the game as soon as tonight or I'll just have to forfeit based on my having hanged myself.

Mrbob

I don't know if tonight will work Ando. I have some errands to run, and for the next week I'm not at home unless I have to be there. If you can't play till after the Denver/Pitts game (I understand why 'cause you want to see your Broncos LOSE), I don't think I'll be able to play tonight. I'll be home Wed mid afternoon around 4:30PM-7PM Central, will that work? Also can be home around 11am-2PM Central on Thursday, and between 1PM-4PM central on Friday. My time at home (where my PS2 is) is really limited this week.

sorry about the schedule mixup. sickboy, you actually will have played 8 road/8 home, i just forgot to enter your game against new england as a road game. but i dont want to edit it now (i would have to delete all the stats) just to say its a road game (it already was!)

Change that week 2 NFC Offensive Player of the Week! Arnaz got nothing on Steven Jackson! BTW, BirdDooDoo, GREAT game. Your defense had me guessing for a while, and then you caught up to my tricks by the 2nd half. :( We should scrimmage some time

Sinistar! You're next! I'm usually available at 10pm EST. Give me a days notice via PM or here and I'll be available.

Andokuky

Banned
I guess you weren't around earlier when I messaged you, we can hook up Friday I guess. I won't be home Wednesday or Thursday night till pretty late and have to be up early in the mornings for work. Unless there's a change of plans but doubtful.

SickBoy

Hey Hito,

Here's my schedule. Hopefully something will work for you.

Monday night I work late and likely will be coming home inebriated. I leave for work around 4:00 p.m. MT (3 PT/5 ET)

Tuesday night I work late, but no inebriation is involved. I'll be leaving at 5 p.m. MT (4PT/5ET) and getting back around 1:30 a.m. (12:30PT/3:30ET).

Wednesday I'm off, although my evening will likely feature mandatory time with the wife.

no you can't DM. you are out of the league! here is the IM dm sent to me guys:

DMczafX11: hey fmt whats up
fmt: not much what do you want
DMczafX11: can you do a small favor for me??
fmt: what
DMczafX11: can you play out the rest of my games in madden? i need to make the playoffs, and i feel like my madden skills have diminished so much. no one would know cause it's on ps2 and i can give you my password and stuff
fmt: wtf?
DMczafX11: i have to go, but my sn is dmczaf and my pw is alexsmithchamp. thanks!

makes me sick!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
SickBoy said:
Hey Hito,

Here's my schedule. Hopefully something will work for you.

Monday night I work late and likely will be coming home inebriated. I leave for work around 4:00 p.m. MT (3 PT/5 ET)

Tuesday night I work late, but no inebriation is involved. I'll be leaving at 5 p.m. MT (4PT/5ET) and getting back around 1:30 a.m. (12:30PT/3:30ET).

Wednesday I'm off, although my evening will likely feature mandatory time with the wife.
How does midday eastern-time tomorrow sound?

Rorschach

Miguel said:
luleelurah.jpg

^RB running through my luleethreefour defense
Holy crap how did you lose with so many Touchdowns?

Code:
Kick Return Touchdowns
1. J Mathis (hou)	133
2. A Whitted (oak)	1

:O:O:O:O:O

I would have loved to have seen that game.

DMczaf

Fumbles

1. J Jones (DAL) 2
2. S Alexander (Sea) 1
3. M Alstott (TB) 1
4. D Davis (hou) 1
5. F Gore (SF) 1
6. D Jackson (TB) 1
7. M Jones (TB) 1

8. B Roethlisberger (PIT) 1
9. L Tomlinson (SD) 1
10. C Williams (TB) 1

B0000004UI.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

SickBoy

Hitokage said:
How does midday eastern-time tomorrow sound?

I will try to rouse myself from slumber in time, but I'm somewhat pessimistic. Got home from work 25 minutes ago. Out of courtesy to my wife, I can't go to bed for another 15 minutes (because I don't want to ruin her last half-hour of sleep... last 15 minutes are OK ;)

At any rate, I'll post when I'm available. Sorry for having such a crappy schedule. It's worked out OK so far, but I am painfully aware of how limited it is..

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This has been the toughest fucking season so far. Everyone can stop the run, not only that, everyone can stop MY run. :p I'm too used to the 6.0 YPC with Tiki and using the run to set up the pass. Basically, I play like the Pittsburgh Steelers used to last year, ultra conservative, make it 3rd and short, convert over 85% of my red zone visits... that was me in season 1 leading to a 14-2 record. Now I get stuffed so often I have to rely on ShEli. :(

I got lucky last night with two huge plays from Plax, a 48 yard TD and an 88 yard TD. I am still not willing to open up my damned playbook. I am too old to teach me knew Madden tricks!

Miguel

Wellington said:
This has been the toughest fucking season so far. Everyone can stop the run, not only that, everyone can stop MY run. :p I'm too used to the 6.0 YPC with Tiki and using the run to set up the pass. Basically, I play like the Pittsburgh Steelers used to last year, ultra conservative, make it 3rd and short, convert over 85% of my red zone visits... that was me in season 1 leading to a 14-2 record. Now I get stuffed so often I have to rely on ShEli. :(

I got lucky last night with two huge plays from Plax, a 48 yard TD and an 88 yard TD. I am still not willing to open up my damned playbook. I am too old to teach me knew Madden tricks!

:(

Stopping your run didn't do a damn thing. You've found my weakness and have exploited it. 3rd downs = instafirst downs :(

SickBoy

Hey Hito,

Sorry my sched is sucking. Are you available tonight or tomorrow during the day? My times of availability are as noted in my earlier post (really late tonight, or during the day Wednesday).

If you're not available tomorrow during the day, early evening/late afternoon or later in the night works best for me (around 10 MT will work fairly well). But I have some flexibility.

sickboy, if you have the images of Sinistars stats from your game, i'd appreciate them being posted here so i can enter the individual player stats. otherwise its guesstimate time!

SickBoy

I'll convert the video file to an AVI and put it somewhere like yousendit or something. I'd do the stats, but at this point, I'd actually like to spend spare time I have churning out some of the highlights of at least one of my first two regular-season games. Getting low on HD space for my future endeavors :)

Andokuky

Banned
Bob if you're around I can play if we start soon. I'll be leaving in about an hour and a half and you said you could play until 7pm central, can you still play?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sickboy: Ok, getting a day off tomorrow so from now until friday afternoon my schedule is pretty much open.

Please PM me either your AIM or persona name.

Top Bottom